Print Thread
Need ideas... #45090 12/30/03 02:45 PM
J
Judd Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Seems like we had some good ideas on the Squaw Creek thread so I thought I would ask everyone which direction I should go.

The Dalrock Hubbard ramp parking lot stinks at best. What can we do to get this thing fixed. I know the city of Dallas owns it so with all the crying about budget shortfalls we know there won't be any help from them.

I was thinking about trying to put together some parking lot benefit tournaments but it would take a lot of money and I am sure after paying for 3-4 tournaments people would get discouraged not seeing any results of their money and just quit. I would be willing to donate some of my time to try and get this thing in better shape than it is but I don't know how to approach it.

Another idea was to put a donation box out there. Bad thing about this is I don't know how many people would contribute because they think it would be someone just scamming cash?

What do you all think?

Thanks.

PS- I saw in the paper yesterday where they spent a boatload on Bachman lake, to bad they couldn't spread that money around to the other lakes too?

[This message has been edited by Judd (edited 12-30-2003).]

Re: Need ideas... #45091 12/30/03 05:43 PM
J
Judd Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Scrap this as I just got off the phone with Sandra Hicks at the Dallas Parks Department and she said Rowlett is trying to buy this property and all projects out there have been put on hold. She said they should know something in the next 2-3 months.

Makes since to me since I wouldn't sink a bunch of money into something that I am trying to sell...if I wouldn't get that money back anyway.

Nice woman and very understanding of the situation. So lets keep our fingers crossed and hope something good comes from it.

Good luck fishing everyone.

Re: Need ideas... #45092 12/30/03 09:37 PM
S
Slide_R Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I foresee a Rowlett City Park, paved roads, a multi-lane boat ramp, launching docks, lighted parking, Regional Tournaments, National Tournaments, a BASSMASTERS Classic Event, lots of tax dollars being brought in and national exposure to a city with enough foresight to make it happen!

Robert Oleson
aka Slide_R

Re: Need ideas... #45093 12/31/03 02:42 AM
J
Judd Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J

We can only hope then maybe we could get some autographs Not really I don't collect autographs and I cannot see Hubbard as being a major attraction for a tournament that big???? But then again what do I know

Re: Need ideas... #45094 12/31/03 03:53 AM
flexpress Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
no they going to dry hubbard up for the new cowboy stadom .buying all the land they can get for parking lot's.would not suprize me at all.hec we can't fish off bank's like we use too.or camp.hec use to camp over in heath can't no more.there taking our lake little at a time.and I like ray hubbard the ramp at txqueen not that good either.either one.dalrock is the best free ramp hubbard has.I would like to see it fix.and with lites to see at night.we probly need a protetion.to get somthing done our tax dollas is supose to fix thing's like this and our fishing lic.tpw should do somthing.

Re: Need ideas... #45095 12/31/03 01:57 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Wow! Sorry Slide_R but I sure as heck hope that your prediction does not come true for the folks that live in Rowlett. City taxes are bad enough without an increase to fund that circus that you envisioned. I know, I just paid em. Rarely, if at all, does any of the sales tax dollars brought in to cities by these events roll down to benefit the residents. What a mess that would make of Ray Hubbard and Rowlett. Hope it would at least get put to a vote. Just my $.02, no offense meant to anyone. Bob

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: Need ideas... #45096 12/31/03 05:12 PM
S
Slide_R Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
No offense taken and I really can't see Rowlett footing the entire bill.

I can see a multi-city effort between Dallas, Rowlett, Rockwall, Garland and others along with TPWD, state and federal assistance. I'm not sure how to get that many agencies all working together but afterall this is a dream situation.

I would not be suprised to learn that the Metroplex area has one of the largest concentrations of fishing enthusiast of any where in the country. We have the lakes, the weather and the people to support first class facilities.

I was very impressed with the Lake Arlington facilities. If a smaller entertainment based community can support such facilities what could a multi-district create?

Robert Oleson
aka Slide_R

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide