T
tommyc Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Time to start rat holing some cash

Tom Cornelius

Romans 10:9-11

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: tommyc] #4306488 12/31/09 04:54 AM
B
BSG Wraps Offline
Angler
Angler
B
OK dudes!!!! I got a bomb to drop on ya! I just closed the deal today to have 4 different Calender Models in my booth per day! 4 hot Bikini Models per day! They will be selling and signing calenders at the show in my booth. You guys cant miss the show this year its going to be awesome!! I cant wait.

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: 921ELITE Cranker] #4306522 12/31/09 05:08 AM
T
Texas Smoke Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted By: Z21 Cranker
I just looked at their website at the seminar list. Ice Fishing seminars? Really??

What ??? No Muskie seminars ??? What about Grayling ?

O.K. this is a prime opportunity for some comedy. Someone please take a video camera to the show and interview anyone who sits through the ice fishing seminar. I would truly love to hear their response to why they sat through that seminar.
But I must warn you. Anyone that you interview will most likely be mentally impaired so be careful. Stay a safe distance away and don't bring up the names Bundy or Gacy. That might strike a nerve.

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: Texas Smoke] #4306636 12/31/09 06:07 AM
921ELITE Cranker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Texas Smoke
I just looked at their website at the seminar list. Ice Fishing seminars? Really??

What ??? No Muskie seminars ??? What about Grayling ?

O.K. this is a prime opportunity for some comedy. Someone please take a video camera to the show and interview anyone who sits through the ice fishing seminar. I would truly love to hear their response to why they sat through that seminar.
But I must warn you. Anyone that you interview will most likely be mentally impaired so be careful. Stay a safe distance away and don't bring up the names Bundy or Gacy. That might strike a nerve.

I will have to say, the ICE FISHING seminar in Texas still has me baffled. From the looks of the seminar list, I do not see anything that would interest me.

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: 921ELITE Cranker] #4306893 12/31/09 11:43 AM
Franklin Pillsbury Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Ice fishing is one of the fastest growing segments in the Fishing Biz.We will be giving away a trip for two to Raniy Lake to fish for large lake trout.

Talk to Lindey Roberts about Small Mouth Fishing in the Boundry Waters.

We are working to grow this show based on the wide range of Fishing,& Hunting intrest in our market.
Thanks,Franklin

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: Franklin Pillsbury] #4307344 12/31/09 03:17 PM
Tubby Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Yeah sure,

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: Tubby] #4307355 12/31/09 03:19 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: Tubby
Yeah sure,

Wake up and smell the coffee!

rolfmao clap rock

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #4307470 12/31/09 03:50 PM
M
muskieman Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
anyone know what tackle dealers are going to be there?

thanks for the reply medic.

To me, what tackle dealers and retailers will be there is the KEY question. I have been going for many years and over the last few years and last year in particular, I went there with a pocket full of cash and credit cards looking to buy my old tried and true lures and equipment as well as to buy clearance and discounted items, and to buy new innovative tackle that I have not seen before. This is the key to the show for me. The seminars are great also.

Like Rudy and several other posters have said in this thread, last year's show was the worst ever and very disappointing. I cound not spend my money even though I was trying to. I did however get my first Lock-N-Haul there last year but even they will not be at this year's show.

I did not know there were new owner's of the show but I hope they do a better job of getting tackle dealers and retailers there.

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: Franklin Pillsbury] #4307512 12/31/09 03:59 PM
M
muskieman Offline
Angler
Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Franklin Pillsbury
Ice fishing is one of the fastest growing segments in the Fishing Biz.We will be giving away a trip for two to Raniy Lake to fish for large lake trout.

We are working to grow this show based on the wide range of Fishing,& Hunting intrest in our market.
Thanks,Franklin

Franklin: I don't do ice fishing but I would go to a muskie, northern pike, smallmouth or walleye seminar. There are many anglers here in TX that go to MN and Canada every year or that have the means to go to Canada or MN every year. I know that most TX anglers that go up to the northwoods for the first time would be hooked and would then go up every year as I do.

Don't give up on TX as a potential marketplace for you.

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: Franklin Pillsbury] #4307535 12/31/09 04:05 PM
921ELITE Cranker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Thanks,Franklin

I think you are missing the point. You guys had a hard time last year with attendance and you want to try to remedy that by offering Ice Fishing seminars??? Texas has never, ever had ice on lakes or reservoirs. Are you thinking you will get a crowd from the Northern States at this show?? I went to the show last year and it was by far the worst one I had ever been to. There was nothing there to buy except a lure here or there and motor toters, split ring pliers etc. That show thrived when you had big tackle dealers like Brannan's Bass Shop, Southwestern Parts and Tackle, Olsen's, Fun N Sun etc. People want to go to the show for deals on rods, reels, lures and fishing related stuff not Alaska Guide service, jewelry cleaner, Sham Wows and Ice Fishing. When the show starts, I will wait to see what the TFF members that go have to say about it before I decide to go. I just think you will hear crickets in your seminars....

Last edited by Z21 Cranker; 12/31/09 04:07 PM.
Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: muskieman] #4307551 12/31/09 04:08 PM
RedRanger Online Content
burro desagradable
Online Content
burro desagradable
Originally Posted By: muskieman
I did not know there were new owner's of the show but I hope they do a better job of getting tackle dealers and retailers there.

They new owners took over last year, I think they are the same people who run the Dallas Boat Show.

It was their first year, and it seems like last year show was a major trainwreck for them. We watched on the TFF how vendors were bowing out by the masses last year, and for me I decided to pass on the show for the first time in many years, which seems like I made the right call last year.

I hope they have gotten things turned in the right direction this year, I am going to go with an open mind and hopefully it will be a good show.

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: 921ELITE Cranker] #4307559 12/31/09 04:09 PM
M
muskieman Offline
Angler
Angler
M

Thanks,Franklin

I think you are missing the point. You guys had a hard time last year with attendance and you want to try to remedy that by offering Ice Fishing seminars??? Texas has never, ever had ice on and lakes or reservoirs. Are you thinking you will get a crowd from the Northern States at this show?? I went to the show last year and it was by far the worst one I had ever been to. There was nothing there to buy except a lure here or there and motor toters, split ring pliers etc. That show thrived when you had big tackle dealers like Brannan's Bass Shop, Southwestern Parts and Tackle, Olsen's, Fun N Sun etc. People want to go to the show for deals on rods, reels, lures and fishing related stuff not Alaska Guide service, jewelry cleaner, Sham Wows and Ice Fishing. When the show starts, I will wait to see what the TFF members that go have to say about it before I decide to go. I just think you will hear crickets in your seminars....

+1 except that I think northwoods (MN,WI, Canada) lodge vendors should be at the show to solicit customers for their fishing vacation locations.

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: Franklin Pillsbury] #4307571 12/31/09 04:11 PM
Swamp Donkey Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Thursday the 7th is "Guys Night" @ the show.Hosted by Twin Peaks Resturant and their "Fishing Team"

Thats the same night as the National Championship> bang

Think they will have any TV's there hmmm

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: muskieman] #4307614 12/31/09 04:20 PM
921ELITE Cranker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: muskieman

Thanks,Franklin

I think you are missing the point. You guys had a hard time last year with attendance and you want to try to remedy that by offering Ice Fishing seminars??? Texas has never, ever had ice on and lakes or reservoirs. Are you thinking you will get a crowd from the Northern States at this show?? I went to the show last year and it was by far the worst one I had ever been to. There was nothing there to buy except a lure here or there and motor toters, split ring pliers etc. That show thrived when you had big tackle dealers like Brannan's Bass Shop, Southwestern Parts and Tackle, Olsen's, Fun N Sun etc. People want to go to the show for deals on rods, reels, lures and fishing related stuff not Alaska Guide service, jewelry cleaner, Sham Wows and Ice Fishing. When the show starts, I will wait to see what the TFF members that go have to say about it before I decide to go. I just think you will hear crickets in your seminars....

+1 except that I think northwoods (MN,WI, Canada) lodge vendors should be at the show to solicit customers for their fishing vacation locations.

I agree with you that you do need some of that stuff just not a entire show full of it. When this show was held in Mesquite, it was awesome. The venue was terrible but you had so many options on tackle deals. Even the first few years it was in Arlington it was decent. The past two years have been really disappointing and that is a shame. Like I said, I will wait to hear the report from the masses before I decide to go this year.

Re: Arlington Tackle Show [Re: 921ELITE Cranker] #4307668 12/31/09 04:32 PM
M
muskieman Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I know this next statement will not mean a lot to most of you but if you have ever had a chance to got to the Fishing Show in Chicago in January every year you would really know what a good fishing show is all about. I might be exaggerating a little but there were at least 1000 vendors there with at least 50 tackle dealer/retailers and you could literally buy evrything you needed for the entire season right at the show with some very good deals, bargains, and all of the newest items for the year.

Every major and mid tackle manufacturer was there and most new/minor manufacturers as well. The show drew from a 3 state region. Is Dallas that much smaller than Chicago?

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide