Forums59
Topics1,042,304
Posts14,015,494
Members144,281
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: jbassman] #4232340 12/09/09 04:44 PM
R
Rock River Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Whether someone asks a friend & doesn't pay them,
or has enough money to pay that friend for info, doesn't seem to change it from a legal or ethical standpoint.

The advantage of info on a new lake is apparent..., but the true elites continue to be at the top even on lakes that make the schedule regularly.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Rock River] #4232349 12/09/09 04:47 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted By: Rock River
The advantage of info on a new lake is apparent..., but the true elites continue to be at the top even on lakes that make the schedule regularly.

I personally think they should alter the schedule every year. Highlight other lakes and rivers. Places the pros haven't been going to for the last 10 years.

How exciting was it when they went to Falcon? It was new....and look who won? An Old Timer!

You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation: If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish. ~Unknown

Open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life youre living.

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4232390 12/09/09 04:58 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
Originally Posted By: Rock River

I personally think they should alter the schedule every year. Highlight other lakes and rivers. Places the pros haven't been going to for the last 10 years.

How exciting was it when they went to Falcon? It was new....and look who won? An Old Timer!

I like the way you think!!!

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Ranger1] #4232494 12/09/09 05:16 PM
R
Ryan1003 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
The same thing happens here on the local level as well.
Not to many guys around the metro go out and find their own fish, They share amongst themselves and take each other out and show them this and show them that. It is kinda like the no tell don't ask BS.
I know most guys will not agree nor admit this. But most know this goes on. If you are one that plays this game you will be the one that disagrees and the ones that have been effective in one fashion or another will agree.
And I am fully aware that this post is going to ruffle some feathers at least those that practice this.
I would like to see a tournament trail with no schedule and you sign up and meet at a certain park a lot in the am and pull the lake you are going to fish out of a hat and drive to the lake that morning. Everyone shows up and fishes blind so to speak. Then let see how these boys do. I truly beleive that alot of these guys ( not all) will be in trouble.
Although this may be very true. The fact is that it is going to happen regardless, so you might as well look at it from an optimistic standpoint. My advice would be to take advantage of this situation because assuming you are not buddies with these guys, all it will do is bring more competition to the field causing you to work harder. In turn it will make you a better fisherman than they are in the long run. They may do well on one lake, but when it comes to the next lake and their buddy doesn't know of any spots I bet you will show them who's boss. Almost everything has a way of justifying itself...IMHO the key to tournament fishing isn't worrying about who is currently on the top of the hill. It is about changing your perspective on any situation to make yourself a better angler.

Ryan Hawkins
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Ryan1003] #4232568 12/09/09 05:33 PM
Darryl Roach Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Ryan1003
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
The same thing happens here on the local level as well.
Not to many guys around the metro go out and find their own fish, They share amongst themselves and take each other out and show them this and show them that. It is kinda like the no tell don't ask BS.
I know most guys will not agree nor admit this. But most know this goes on. If you are one that plays this game you will be the one that disagrees and the ones that have been effective in one fashion or another will agree.
And I am fully aware that this post is going to ruffle some feathers at least those that practice this.
I would like to see a tournament trail with no schedule and you sign up and meet at a certain park a lot in the am and pull the lake you are going to fish out of a hat and drive to the lake that morning. Everyone shows up and fishes blind so to speak. Then let see how these boys do. I truly beleive that alot of these guys ( not all) will be in trouble.
Although this may be very true. The fact is that it is going to happen regardless, so you might as well look at it from an optimistic standpoint. My advice would be to take advantage of this situation because assuming you are not buddies with these guys, all it will do is bring more competition to the field causing you to work harder. In turn it will make you a better fisherman than they are in the long run. They may do well on one lake, but when it comes to the next lake and their buddy doesn't know of any spots I bet you will show them who's boss. Almost everything has a way of justifying itself...IMHO the key to tournament fishing isn't worrying about who is currently on the top of the hill. It is about changing your perspective on any situation to make yourself a better angler.

Prime example to this is Chad Griffin this past year. No one even new this guy and he sure wasnt gonna get any help. And he did it without sponsors.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Darryl Roach] #4232672 12/09/09 05:55 PM
F
FZ1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
It would be kinda fun to watch KVD,entourage in tow, run and gun all day and come up empty. Then watch Joe Local smoke him on one spot and win the tournament.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: jbassman] #4232800 12/09/09 06:29 PM
Perry B Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Remember something else just when you really thought you could fully trust some elite to local level anglers. There is a lot of rule bending happening and pushing the rules to there limits until someone says to stop. Then you have to ask what about ethics and self pride? We'll it's all about the money and if you could be the fly on the wall you probably would be let down with whom you looked up too. Even as much should we wonder about our local top dogs who seem to always place really high all the time, are they really that good? Just something to think about!

Last edited by Perry B; 12/09/09 06:31 PM. Reason: Grammer

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4233575 12/09/09 09:51 PM
C
CU-201 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Ranger1, I 100% agree.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: CU-201] #4233719 12/09/09 10:27 PM
W
Wavemaker Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
This was a huge let down to me when I was fishing the FLW Tour. I saw first hand how the game is played! All most every big name had someone in there boat with them during the practice days. It was not just anyone either. Most the time they are the hot locals. In some cases they even paid there entry as a non boater so they can legally practice with them. Very disappointing, but that is the way the game is played. You either play the game or donate a ton of money! I lost a lot of respect for these so called big name fisherman. The bigger the name you become the more people want to help you. If your new you can forget about getting good information. Most have there network of hot sticks across the country. They have been working with the same people for years. Now with the money the way it is it just gets worse! I guess that is the way it goes?

Last edited by fish636; 12/09/09 10:29 PM.
Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Wavemaker] #4233766 12/09/09 10:38 PM
P
Preacher Ed Offline
Angler
Angler
P
fish636-that is the reason I believe it MIGHT eventually be the downfall of the pro tours. When it becomes almost impossible for a lot of guys to compete because of the lack of information, who will want to pay the big bucks to lose it? Of course, there will be the Boyd Ducketts of the world who can pay their own way if need be. But I believe there are many great fishermen who will not be able to compete because of this, especially in the economic situation we are in.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4233938 12/09/09 11:26 PM
R
ranger518 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I hav taken out people on the women's bassmasters tour to show them the lake and some good spots. And i am pretty shure that they all do.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: ranger518] #4234200 12/10/09 12:41 AM
R
rangerb Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
That's the reason these top guys keep telling the newbies that "your not fishing against me, your fishing against the fish." There guys are licking their lips when new anglers come in saying that. Local tournament sticks the same. Yep, your fishing against the fish, but you have a heck of a better chance of catching um if you're fishinng where they are than fishing where they ain't.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Darryl Roach] #4234229 12/10/09 12:47 AM
B
bassackwards dav Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Darryl Roach
Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
i am sure Peter T didnt have any help on Benbrook and know that the dam and the northeast corner of the lake was the most productive at that time....

dont let him fool you, hes gotten info too...

thumb

If I rember right he caught his best fish off boat ramps with a finess jig. He may have had info but all his fish didnt come from Damm.

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: bassackwards dav] #4234256 12/10/09 12:52 AM
C
CapN Ron Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
I wish some of the Elite pro's on the TFF would add their two cents on this, I understand why they wouldnt though

Re: This is why the guys at the top are so good. (Pro) [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4234293 12/10/09 01:01 AM
L
LoneStar64 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan

BUT I'm always the guy who roots for the guy who did it himself, has the daily struggles, and still pursues his dream.

With all this who is the guy that did it by himself? How do we know the guys that go out practice, find their own spots, patterns, etc and put it all together and win? confused

I too want to root for these guys but just don't know who they are!

To me, it is flat out cheating having people fish a lake, find the fish and tell you where they are before a tournament. Even if it was a sponsor doing it. BASS and FLW ought to be on top of this. It would only take someone getting disqualified for a year to get the rest to cut it out.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide