Forums59
Topics1,040,952
Posts13,990,255
Members144,244
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: TarponFly] #4146947 11/13/09 05:55 AM
T
theokieangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted By: Tarponfly
this was the male.... the female was about 5 inches longer than that one...

Interesting, how'd you make the distinction?

Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: theokieangler] #4147032 11/13/09 08:20 AM
Bass Bug Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: theokieangler

c'mon thats the easy part, after spawning the males go to sleep while the females want to cuddle. grin

Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: Bass Bug] #4147213 11/13/09 01:20 PM
T
theokieangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted By: Bass Bug
Originally Posted By: theokieangler

c'mon thats the easy part, after spawning the males go to sleep while the females want to cuddle. grin

LOL

Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: theokieangler] #4147260 11/13/09 01:43 PM
K
kelkay Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
So the trout do spawn at LMF? That is awesome. I am wondering if they are doing that at Little Mo too? The scenery there is worth a trip. They have been working hard to make it a great fishery. Actually that statement could go for both places.

The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." Thomas Jefferson

You Dont Love Something You Want to Fundamentally Transform Mark Levin

Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: kelkay] #4147321 11/13/09 02:05 PM
G
green trout Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
OK Guide License Application

in summary

Fishing Guide License Information and Requirements:
Beginning August 1, 2009, an annual fishing guide license is required for residents and non-residents who assist, accompany, or transport, guide or aid persons in the taking of fish for commercial purposes. A fishing guide license does not exempt the license holder from an Oklahoma Fishing License. The fishing guide license must be with you or on your person. Licenses can be obtained via mail or in person at ODWC Headquarters.
Ex
emptions include:
1)
Landowners or agriculture lessees who provide such services on properties they own or lease.
2) Persons assisting the licensed guide in the same vessel.
COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS FOR FISHING GUIDE LICENSE
TO BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION, BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2010:
- Proof of completion of National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) boat safety training, or equivalent, by any authorized entity. (Guides with vessel only)
- Proof of current annual commercial general liability insurance covering services as a fishing guide with policy limits of at least $500,000.
- Completed/notarized affidavit verifying lawful presence in the United States.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS NOT SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION:
- CPR and Basic First Aid certification by American Red Cross, or equivalent.
- Maintain current vessel inspection. (Guides with vessels only)
For complete Title 800 rules, contact ODWC Fish Division at (405) 521-3721.

Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: kelkay] #4147328 11/13/09 02:08 PM
T
theokieangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
They do naturally reproduce, its true grin Here's an old newsrelease from the odwc:

HERE

Last edited by theokieangler; 11/13/09 02:14 PM.
Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: green trout] #4147343 11/13/09 02:13 PM
T
theokieangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I had checked guide list to see if he was licensed.... didn't notice the name or phone number anywhere? Maybe it's just not updated??

Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: green trout] #4147452 11/13/09 02:44 PM
S
StevenNDallas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Originally Posted By: green trout
So let me get this straight, YOU are a fishing guide casting and catching spawning fish? WHAT THE HELL? I guess conservation doesn't mean a damn to you. .

Green N' Pout, Buddy, PITA Person,

50 bucks sez you practice catch and release. Right? With the rare or occasional fish stabbed up thru the eye, or gill damaged with profuse bleeding, or broke off, left swimming with line dangling, or deep hooked mid gullet.

And I suppose you say all that is OK. All OK.. Well, totally regrettable, but yet..... of course, completely acceptable.

Look dude, go talk this over a long while with people who don't really like you all that much, or perhaps with really good friends who will call out BS as BS, friend or not. You're spouting a selfish crock of Bull Sh _ _ .

You draw a line in the sand right at the tip of your toes, then chicken squawk and finger point and yap and yap and yap at the next fellow's drawn line being all wrong, unethical and corrupt, all the time it is just maybe 6" farther past the tip of the toes than yours.

Unless you walk and wade and dont fish, and maybe walk or ride a bike to the river, or push your truck by hand, you're guilty of something too.

$50 more sez you both are quite respectful, dont smoke or litter and pick up a little extra garbage, sometimes.

it's like this cowboy. Unless you are wearing a grass skirt, sleeping in a ditch, eating grass or road kill, you too are still part of 'the problem'.

Last edited by StevenNDallas; 11/13/09 02:47 PM. Reason: dont laugh - chicks dig editing

Unless you are wearing a grass skirt and sleeping in a ditch and eating only road kill, you too are part of 'the problem'.
Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: StevenNDallas] #4147476 11/13/09 02:46 PM
rrhyne56 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
OK folks, it's time to tone it down here. No need at all for acrimony or personal attacks.

"have fun with this stuff"
in memory of Big Dale
RRhyne56, Flyfishing warden
Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: rrhyne56] #4147764 11/13/09 03:50 PM
T
theokieangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
yup, same fish there! you r definitely right. the trout are spawning there at the moment. so after you release them, they go back to the spawning bed after awhile. as you can see, the river is pretty much crystal clear in 3 ft to 4ft of water. josh got the fish first at about 2 pm on my midge fly. then a few hours later, i got it on the woolly bugger. this was the male.... the female was about 5 inches longer than that one... you make a lot of sight casting there if you know how to spot the fish. tried for 4 albino trout for 20 minutes each.... never got them to bite. one of them followed my bugger 3 times but would not eat it.....

I just dont even understand why you would make up a story like that

#041 http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u201/tarponfly/?action=view&current=brokenbow9-8-09041-1.jpg

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u201/tarponfly/?action=view&current=brokenbow9-8-09042-1.jpg

Too bad the pictures still have the exif data for us to see kinda makes lying about things difficult. Yeah the time/date might not be set correctly, but they still give us enough info to know what is BS as Steve would say.

Quote:
File Name: brokenbow9-8-09041-1.jpg
File Size: 219 kb - 1024 x 768
Camera Make: Panasonic
Camera Model: DMC-TZ1
Date/Time: 2006:06:24 07:26:02
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Flash Used: No (auto)
Focal Length: 30.3mm (35mm equivalent: 204m...
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Aperture: f/4.1
ISO Equiv.: 80
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: program (auto)

Quote:
File Name: brokenbow9-8-09042-1.jpg
File Size: 249 kb - 1024 x 768
Camera Make: Panasonic
Camera Model: DMC-TZ1
Date/Time: 2006:06:24 07:27:08
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Flash Used: No (auto)
Focal Length: 14.1mm (35mm equivalent: 95mm...
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Aperture: f/3.9
ISO Equiv.: 80
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: program (auto)

(see left sidebar for exif data on photobucket)

So what's the real story?

Originally Posted By: SteveNDallas
Green N' Pout, Buddy, PITA Person,

50 bucks sez you practice catch and release. Right? With the rare or occasional fish stabbed up thru the eye, or gill damaged with profuse bleeding, or broke off, left swimming with line dangling, or deep hooked mid gullet.

And I suppose you say all that is OK. All OK.. Well, totally regrettable, but yet..... of course, completely acceptable.

Look dude, go talk this over a long while with people who don't really like you all that much, or perhaps with really good friends who will call out BS as BS, friend or not. You're spouting a selfish crock of Bull Sh _ _ .

You draw a line in the sand right at the tip of your toes, then chicken squawk and finger point and yap and yap and yap at the next fellow's drawn line being all wrong, unethical and corrupt, all the time it is just maybe 6" farther past the tip of the toes than yours.

Unless you walk and wade and dont fish, and maybe walk or ride a bike to the river, or push your truck by hand, you're guilty of something too.

$50 more sez you both are quite respectful, dont smoke or litter and pick up a little extra garbage, sometimes.

it's like this cowboy. Unless you are wearing a grass skirt, sleeping in a ditch, eating grass or road kill, you too are still part of 'the problem'.

Nothing wrong with expecting professional and ethical behavior from a "professional fishing guide" Steve. Doesn't mean you don't keep a fish from time to time and smoke a cigar while cooking that tasty trout over the fire.

Last edited by theokieangler; 11/13/09 04:12 PM.
Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: theokieangler] #4147852 11/13/09 04:10 PM
T
theokieangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Robin,

Hope that post won't be considered acrimonious... Felt like it was pretty relevent to the conversation, since we made such a fuss about fishing to spawning trout... maybe it wasn't spawning after all

-ward

Last edited by theokieangler; 11/13/09 04:10 PM.
Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: theokieangler] #4147880 11/13/09 04:15 PM
S
sandymaris Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
SteveN --my original post had nothing to do with C&R or keeping fish.It had to do with why in the world would anyone think that multiple hookups on spawning fish was ethical or something to brag about. Based on the demonstrably false story/pictures Okie points out, maybe he wasn't even on the LMFR once the fish started spawning and really wasn't as big a boob as his story makes him.

Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: sandymaris] #4148148 11/13/09 05:06 PM
rrhyne56 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Hey fellas, no big deal. I just want to stop things before they start. We have a FAR lower amount of BS here than in some of the other areas. You folks are my favorite folks on the Interwebs.

It's just time to take a step back, deep breath and carry on.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a steward of the wildlife we enjoy so much.

"have fun with this stuff"
in memory of Big Dale
RRhyne56, Flyfishing warden
Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: StevenNDallas] #4148613 11/13/09 07:33 PM
Bass Bug Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: StevenNDallas

I've never eaten roadkill crazy

Re: Lower Mountain Fork River / Broken Bow [Re: angler_josh] #4148619 11/13/09 07:35 PM
T
theokieangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
eek2 eek2 eek2 eek2
Well shoot, wish I would have caught the unmoderated version although the edited bit is still pretty solid

Originally Posted By: angler_josh
Wow i didnt know some losers got so worked up over catching spawning fish, but guess what... its legal and since you had to make a big deal out of it the next time i go up there ill be targeting only spawning fish, just for you buddy. Put it on a stringer aye? I think the next 20 incher i catch will go straight on the stringer and ill fill the rest of my stringer up in zone 1. I normally catch and release but since you brought to everyone's attention how bad we are for catching spawning fish ill be keeping them from now on. I normally release them back in to the river to continue their spawning activities, but now that you had to publicly be a very big vagina they wont be able to because they will be on my stringer.

and the early stuff got flames this is going to be hard to resist. bang

Fly fishing doesnt really seem like your thing, have you thought about bowfishing?

Originally Posted By: angler_josh
Tarponfly posts a lot of useful information that helps many people catch fish at LMF and calling him out on his ethics isnt a good way to get him to post more info. Not a very smart thing to do but hey.. your from Oklahoma not much is expected of you.

Im sure you make Lone Star Fly Fishers everywhere very proud

popcorn

-ward

Last edited by theokieangler; 11/13/09 07:48 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide