Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
If your graph was stolen #4133008 11/09/09 03:35 PM
R
Rutster Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
Had a tourney last weekend. As I was hooking up the boat I noticed my Hummingbird 997 was no where to be found. Well I thought I might have misplaced it so I fished without for the day. I tore up my garage, went through all storage in my boat and decided it was gone. I got the bright idea to check Craigslist and low and behold there was one on there. This wasnt a huge coincidince since many people have graphs for sale. This one happened to be in my home town of Springtown and looked like it was taken in the pistol case I used to safe store it in. He also was asking $1000. So he obviously knew what he had. Anyways if you bought a Bird from a guy in Springtown and want the rest of it I will sell it to you also. I have the GPS puck and side imaging transducer I will sell .
I have good INS. so i will get to replace it. Would yall go with the same one and then do the upgrades in 2 months for down imaging or wait for the new ones to come out.
Signed PO'ed in Springtown

Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: Rutster] #4133020 11/09/09 03:41 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
It'll probably take 2 months to get a settlement,..I'd wait..who knows maybe the guy will go down on his price, and you can get your old one back too,..good luck.

Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: Rutster] #4133021 11/09/09 03:41 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S

I would call the guy and go meet him! And he would be humming a different kind a bird ( Jail) if he is the one that took it. I hate a thief

Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: Rutster] #4133023 11/09/09 03:41 PM
Evan O'Brien Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
ummm i'm guessing the guy took it down? didn't you get the police involved once you found it?

REALTOR. Residential/Lake/Farm&Ranch/Hunting Properties
Evan O'Brien - Regal Realtors - texaslakesandland@gmail.com (214)642-6921
Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: Evan O'Brien] #4133077 11/09/09 04:03 PM
T
The Rock Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
man that sucks rut, i heard about that the other day at the meeting. that guy will get whats coming to him.

how much do u want for the puck and stuff, i need it for my new SI??? JK.

Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: Evan O'Brien] #4133079 11/09/09 04:04 PM
Chad y Offline
Angler
Angler
Humminbird should have your serial number from when you registered it as well to prove it was yours.

Burleson, Tx
Chad

2006 Legend LE21
Mercury 225 Optimax
Humminbird helix 12’s
Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: Rutster] #4133083 11/09/09 04:06 PM
J
jeepthing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
That sux, sorry to hear about it. Hope the P.O.S. gets what is coming to him.

Jay "Jeepthing" Bush
Registered Architect
Bush Architects, LLC
Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: Rutster] #4133140 11/09/09 04:27 PM
GoArmy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Rutster
Had a tourney last weekend. As I was hooking up the boat I noticed my Hummingbird 997 was no where to be found. Well I thought I might have misplaced it so I fished without for the day. I tore up my garage, went through all storage in my boat and decided it was gone. I got the bright idea to check Craigslist and low and behold there was one on there. This wasnt a huge coincidince since many people have graphs for sale. This one happened to be in my home town of Springtown and looked like it was taken in the pistol case I used to safe store it in. He also was asking $1000. So he obviously knew what he had. Anyways if you bought a Bird from a guy in Springtown and want the rest of it I will sell it to you also. I have the GPS puck and side imaging transducer I will sell .
I have good INS. so i will get to replace it. Would yall go with the same one and then do the upgrades in 2 months for down imaging or wait for the new ones to come out.

Wow, if I was the insurance company this sounds more like you've set it up and cashing in on it! You didn't mention any police involvement, or try to investigate. Just oh well and let the insurance pay off. Wow.

Last edited by GoArmy (evv59); 11/09/09 04:29 PM.

Proud Father, Sons Served their country [Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image]RHBC
Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: GoArmy] #4133216 11/09/09 04:57 PM
J
jeepthing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: GoArmy (evv59)

Wow, if I was the insurance company this sounds more like you've set it up and cashing in on it! You didn't mention any police involvement, or try to investigate. Just oh well and let the insurance pay off. Wow.

Sounds to me like he's getting the shaft from both directions and is just fed up with it all. I've had stuff stolen out of my truck before and it can be very frustrating. By the time it's all over months later, and how little is done about it, you almost regret reporting it. I actually know someone who had a car radio stolen when I was in college. He found it at a local pawn shop and had the serial numbers at home to prove it was his. He called the police and they suggested that if he want that specific radio back, it would be quicker and less paperwork to just go purchase it from the pawn shop. That sux!!! Unfortunate but true story.

Jay "Jeepthing" Bush
Registered Architect
Bush Architects, LLC
Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: jeepthing] #4133220 11/09/09 05:01 PM
J
jeepthing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted By: jeepthing
Originally Posted By: GoArmy (evv59)

Sounds to me like he's getting the shaft from both directions and is just fed up with it all. I've had stuff stolen out of my truck before and it can be very frustrating. By the time it's all over months later, and how little is done about it, you almost regret reporting it. I actually know someone who had a car radio stolen when I was in college. He found it at a local pawn shop and had the serial numbers at home to prove it was his. He called the police and they suggested that if he want that specific radio back, it would be quicker and less paperwork to just go purchase it from the pawn shop. That sux!!! Unfortunate but true story.

He also may be looking for the fastest way to get his boat ready for upcoming tournaments. Insurance can be as little as a few weeks, and anything else is much much longer. When your the victim, sometimes you just want the fastest resolve to get your life back to normal . . . . . can't blame him for that.

Jay "Jeepthing" Bush
Registered Architect
Bush Architects, LLC
Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: jeepthing] #4133304 11/09/09 05:33 PM
GoArmy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I get it. Didn't think of it that way. I would just be careful, cause an insurance company can be real easy to deny you for the simplest thing too. Come to think of it, you would need a police report for the insuance company anyway.

Proud Father, Sons Served their country [Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image]RHBC
Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: GoArmy] #4133505 11/09/09 06:31 PM
David Lee Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
I would have called the guy on craiglist, and checked the serial number. If it matched boxing

Originally Posted By: FattyMcButterpants
Yes I did admit defeat. Good job back to back champion
Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: David Lee] #4133618 11/09/09 06:55 PM
Lannie Robertson Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Sorry to hear that Rutster.If you find out anymore info,let us Westomess guys know who the S.O.B is. thumb

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: Lannie Robertson] #4133915 11/09/09 08:18 PM
T
txbassfisher Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Yeah that suxs man. I would call the dude and check the serial numbers with yours and if they match call the cops!!!

Re: If your graph was stolen [Re: txbassfisher] #4134066 11/09/09 08:56 PM
P
Progator James Offline
Angler
Angler
P
I hope you don't have State Farm. When all my rods and reels were stolen from my boat on my driveway they said that they were not covered because they were not part of the boat, but they then said if it had been skis it would have been covered, i still have not fiqured that 1 out!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide