Print Thread
GREAT Customer Service.... #37052 06/05/04 12:11 PM
S
StreakBreaker� Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
You guys know I'm a tough customer to please!

This past couple of days, I took my buddy from Ft. Hood (that just got home from Iraq) fishing at Cypress. I really wanted to put him on fish and needed a pantoon for us three runnin' buddies (his cousin too) to fish from.

For the second time, I rented from Ricky's Lake Fork Boat Rentals on lake Fork (hwy 515). Just as the first time, he was awesome! He's got great rates....and he knows how to treat people. You want to give this guy business..trust me!

He'll let you tow the boat almost anywhere you want if you have the right hitch...lights....etc. He knows business!

Give him a try at 903-383-2814 laugh

Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37053 06/05/04 04:46 PM
D
Duckcreek Davy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
My GOD!

are you complimenting him?
Say it aint so maw?

Better bring in the livestock folks...cause you know where is fixin' to freeze over! laugh

Dave Morris

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson,
Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37054 06/05/04 05:30 PM
F
FreddieM Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Streak,
Wow...glad to hear Ricky's exceeded your expectations as a consumer, and as Davy pointed out, didn't know if that was possible! laugh
Ribbing aside, my point in posting, though, is to thank you, Streak, on your hospitality to a GI who is serving our country so gallantly and unselfishly during these times. Please, y'all, get to know these fine young people, they are in our families, our communities, our churches...talk to them, they've got stories, concerns and even pictures they want to share, thank them, and pray for them - they are the best! Invite them over for dinner, take them fishing, or just buy them a coffee and talk... God Bless,

FreddieM
Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37055 06/05/04 07:35 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Freddie, thank you so very much! You a most kind sir and I do take your words to heart.

Aaron has been like a brother to me since I met him and his cousin (whom I'm also just as close to) at church camp almost 13 years ago. This was the first time "The Three Amigos" got to fish together in MANY years. Heck, with Aaron just getting back.....we haven't even been in the same place together in 2 years. It was just like old times and will be a trip I'll never forget.

As for customer service: I just like getting what I pay for. I hate doing "their job" for them. Ricky is fantastic! The first time (and ONLY other time) we rented from him....we had a small incident with our paperwork. BUT, he fixed the problem 10X over!!

For me it's always been how a person/company fixes any problem that may pop up. "STUFF" WILL always happen. BUT, it's how they fix it that makes the difference.

Ducky....I've got a digit on my left hand for ya....can ya guess which one? heehee wink :p laugh

Ricky knows people and he knows business. He is awesome! laugh

Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37056 06/05/04 08:00 PM
F
FreddieM Offline
Angler
Angler
F
Streak,
Thanks, bud. Did you guys "rip some lips"...and fry 'em?

P.S. There is a fine, young Army infantryman at my church who has volunteered to go back for another tour, his name is Eric, please pray for him and his unit at Ft. Hood.

FreddieM
Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37057 06/06/04 03:16 AM
Jerrybign Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
we got the same great service from Ricky at lake Fork.

Religion is a guy in church thinking about fishing. Relationship is a guy fishing thinking about God!

Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37058 06/06/04 01:40 PM
CapnJoe Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Yeah, but did you put him on any fish? laugh laugh laugh

Joe

Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37059 06/06/04 03:22 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Humm...did I put him on fish ehh? Let me tell yall a little story.......

When I was a teenager, we'd go out on the small boat I had all the time and end up with nothing. But, I do know much more now than I did then. We've all been fishing together since then too and done pretty fairly. Nevertheless....as friends like to do, they LOVE to bust my chops and say stuff like, "You're not gonna get us any fish, let us drive the boat!"

Well, this trip I realized why it's been such a problem getting them fish. I take them out, give them my best advice, put them in the best places....and the still go another way. But, I still get blamed for not getting them fish. Kinda like a friendly catch 22 wink

THIS TIME, I didn't let them get away with this. I told them, "Yes, we're here to have fun, BUT do you want to catch fish....or do you want to screw around? If you do just want to play around, then don't be blaming me!"

Long story a little shorter:

The first day we trolled with divers around the point off of Overlook Park and caught 6 NICE Sand Bass (all about 2lbs) and one Largemouth about 2lbs as well. Remember, there's not a ton of sandies in Cypress! They're not supposed to be in there, so they're in short supply as it is. Not a bad day (evening)

The next morning, we caught quite a few crappie off the old road bed near overlook/walleye parks. Later, we hit the boat docks for crappie and ended up with even more.

Top water action early put us on several bass.

Finally we ended up trolling again and stuck a few spotted bass and another decent largemouth.

Nothing to brag about, but keep in mind it's been a long time since I've been a boat on Cypress. I only fish from their barge. So, every time I hit the lake, it's with bottom like electronics (not bashing his electronics, he owns a rental business....he just can't do the best or he'd never get em back!). In addition, while I know the lake well, as you all know, it takes a little while to find a pattern sometimes.

At any rate, the long winded answer to yall's question is....yes, we did ok wink

laugh Thanks for caring! smile

Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37060 06/06/04 10:48 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
shoulda saved the gas and rented a pontoon from Tall Tree Marina. But ya were treated right, and I woulda went back to the same business, as you did, for thier recommendable services. Aint Cypress pretty!

Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37061 06/06/04 11:27 PM
L
Longhorns1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
What's Rick charge to rent these boats?

Longhorn
Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37062 06/06/04 11:40 PM
redfin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Ronnie,

You know it's a beautiful lake. I go there when I need landscaping ideas! Some beautiful homes and lots on that lake, for sure!

I know more old alcoholics than I know old doctors - Me.
"If you think women are the weaker sex, try pulling the blankets back over on your side."
Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37063 06/07/04 02:01 AM
CapnJoe Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Way to go Streak. The important thing is three good friends sharing time together on the water, and giving your GI friend a chance to talk about whatever needed to be shared amongst close buddies. Catching fish was just icing on the cake. Good job!

Joe

Re: GREAT Customer Service.... #37064 06/07/04 04:39 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Skeeter, Tall Tree doesn't rent boats anymore! The old ones are too beat up and Bryan won't let anyone out on em....+ Ricky is cheaper! Trust me, I'll take the gas and the drive for the price!
I've fished Cypress nearly all my life! Yeah, it's pretty....wouldn't trade it for anything!

Longhorns, Ricky gives ya a full day + the first full tank of gas for only 135.00!! That's 12 hours!! NOT BAD!! laugh

Redfin, Yup, there are some awesome homes on that lake! Whoohooo boy, are there ever!

CaptianJoe, Thanks man. I really appreciate it! The pleasure was all mine! It was the first time we've all fished together in years!! It was just like ol times. We give eachother a hard time....talk about old times....and yes, let the Capt tell us everything he wanted. It was a great trip! I wouldn't have missed it for anything.

You know....I had fun planning the trip. Getting everyone there, making all the resverations...etc. I just wish it could happen again soon. It was over all too quick smile Thank you so much for your kind words.

Honestly, he hasn't let out too much yet. I guess he's letting things get back to "normal". We're treating things like "normal" and that's helping I think too. When he's ready....we're all here. He's a brother to us! When it's time....all he has to do is call laugh

Also, he came with gifts! He gave his cousin and I some goodies from Iraq! Whoohoo! Let's just say...."guy toys!!" wink

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide