Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #3668642 07/08/09 05:01 PM
D
Dax Davis Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
well if your putting fish in an area were they cant get out and you cant get in there in a boat that is cheating period! people doing this [censored] should be banned from any tournaments! and this guys are more than likely guys that complain about everything

Skeeter Boats
www.Diamondsportsmarine.com
Dobyns Rods
Burnin Stump Lodge Lake Fork
DaxDavisFishing Lake Fork Guide
Moritz Chevrolet
XciteBaits
Aftco
BAJIO Sunglasses

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Dax Davis] #3668826 07/08/09 05:40 PM
Z
zmowery Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
Z
Tournaments are not about money, they re about competition to see who is the best. That being said, if an angler has to stoop that low to try to get an edge why would they even want to take part in the competition. And yes definitely unethical and should be illegal in tournaments.

Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: shacky] #3668851 07/08/09 05:46 PM
C
chunkNwind Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted By: shacky
I was away from the CPU after the post and was not able to respond. This was a topic in the office and was wondering what our fellow TFFers opinions were and yes Inspector (Mark Perry) Gadget they were from the same IP address. Thanks for clearing that up. This topic went from migrating bass on the discovery channel to Inspector Gadget. I should have spent a little more time with the post, MY BAD. I think for the most part we agree that this would be unsportsmanlike. Catch all the fish you can the weeks leading up to a tournament, dump in a hole they can not get out of, (Off the main body of water)(Dredged out hole) and catch the captured fish the day of tournament. With the water levels as they are I sure most lake in Texas have holes like this. Sorry for the confusion!
plain and simple cheating right there....they should be banned from all tournies....TD'S should get together and have a "black list"...

Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #3668969 07/08/09 06:08 PM
B
bassackwards dav Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: jaykendrick
also those of you saying that it should be illegal to relese fish in different areas.... but are also pushing the deal that bass will travle back to where they were first caught. why is it such a bad thing then?

I think thats wrong.IMO where do you stop D fishing Why not just pull up to someone and body ck them out of there boat.In my mind the idea of competitive fishing was to see who was better at catching fish.

Last edited by bassackwards dav; 07/08/09 06:09 PM.
Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: bassackwards dav] #3669233 07/08/09 07:02 PM
A
Aitsurido Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: bassackwards dav
In my mind the idea of competitive fishing was to see who was better at catching fish.
It is but most people really stink at it so they have to cheat to be able to sleep in the cave near the fire because their skills only allow them to be scavengers. People who cheat...cheat. Thats what they do. Kind breeds kind and its a sure bet that those around them cheat as well.

Help is the hardest thing in the world to ask for. Maybe if your skills aren't where they should be you could ask someone that wins tournaments for a day on the water at your expense to help polish your personal inventory.

Just because you cannot or refuse to grow doesn't mean you should prevent others from doing it. On the other side of the coin, if you grow really fast maybe you could show others how.

Now for a few Oreos, glass of moo-juice, and a nap in the A/C.

Death smiles at everyone, Marines smile back.
Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #3669237 07/08/09 07:02 PM
A
Anglin Ag Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
Originally Posted By: fouzman
I'm certainly not going to judge any tournament angler who fishses within the rules. However, if I did fish tournaments, I may disadvantage myself by not taking full advantage of a loophole in the rules because I consider whatever that action may be to be unsportsmanlike. I know, that sounds defeatist, but that's just how I am. Good thing I don't fish tournaments, huh?

Here's a different example I provided another TFF'er. Several years ago in an FLW event, David Dudley got a late boat draw for the first day of competition. So, on the last day of practice, Dudley went out and swung on every sight fish he could find. He did this to hopefully prevent the other competitors in earlier flights from catching those fish and having an advantage over him the next day. Now there was nothing in the rules to prevent Dudley's actions.

Would you have done it?

Yes i would actually. This gives you a competitive advantage with out cheating.
If i find a spot when im pre fishing that i know i wont be able to fish during the tournmnet because someone will get there before me..... ill go out the day before the tournment (if off limits rules allow) and wack every fish off that spot. Mabe even take a few home and have them for dinner. Why not?

There are a lot of intelligent rebuttals to your opinion, but I think its best, at this point, to alert you that (while you aren't a cheater) you're a jacka$$.

Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Aitsurido] #3669289 07/08/09 07:18 PM
B
bassackwards dav Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Very well put. The good thing about rules safe guarding touraments from these activities is it keeps the sport in a positive growth.And not a sport where someone with lessor skills can loophole themself to the top.People that dont like rules that keep the unethical out can just take up somthing else. IMO

Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Anglin Ag] #3669862 07/08/09 09:08 PM
C
CrappieFreaks Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C

[/quote]

There are a lot of intelligent rebuttals to your opinion, but I think its best, at this point, to alert you that (while you aren't a cheater) you're a jacka$$. [/quote]

So because someone has a diffrent point of view than you do, that makes them a jack a$$? Wow!!! What is unethical about catching fish off a spot before a tournament, that you are not going to fish during the tournament? If you know of some community holes go out and whack some fish off of them before the tournament. What is wrong with increasing your chances to win as long as it is in the rules? Should you follow other anglers around the lake and when they leave go on in there and start whacking on them? I would not. Would I do what Dudley did and jerk on some sight fish, I would not be able to get to during the tourney? Yes I would. If that makes me a Jack A$$ then "HEE HAAA"!!!

Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: CrappieFreaks] #3670190 07/08/09 10:08 PM
F
fish4bass Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I don't fish tournaments. Some of the opinions stated here remind me why I don't.

And I know who "Jeff" is.
Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: fish4bass] #3670314 07/08/09 10:31 PM
T
tx_basser Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
not only would I whack as many fish as I could off of beds, I would also take them clear to the other end of the lake so they would not be available to those to were counting on them.

Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Anglin Ag] #3671827 07/09/09 04:38 AM
Jay Kendrick Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Anglin Ag
Originally Posted By: fouzman
I'm certainly not going to judge any tournament angler who fishses within the rules. However, if I did fish tournaments, I may disadvantage myself by not taking full advantage of a loophole in the rules because I consider whatever that action may be to be unsportsmanlike. I know, that sounds defeatist, but that's just how I am. Good thing I don't fish tournaments, huh?

Here's a different example I provided another TFF'er. Several years ago in an FLW event, David Dudley got a late boat draw for the first day of competition. So, on the last day of practice, Dudley went out and swung on every sight fish he could find. He did this to hopefully prevent the other competitors in earlier flights from catching those fish and having an advantage over him the next day. Now there was nothing in the rules to prevent Dudley's actions.

Would you have done it?

Yes i would actually. This gives you a competitive advantage with out cheating.
If i find a spot when im pre fishing that i know i wont be able to fish during the tournmnet because someone will get there before me..... ill go out the day before the tournment (if off limits rules allow) and wack every fish off that spot. Mabe even take a few home and have them for dinner. Why not?

There are a lot of intelligent rebuttals to your opinion, but I think its best, at this point, to alert you that (while you aren't a cheater) you're a jacka$$.

ok. i would at this point like to alert you that your getting a little too butt hurt over this......

Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Jay Kendrick] #3671836 07/09/09 04:42 AM
Baylor_Guy� Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
quit being such a big bully Jay azn

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: Baylor_Guy�] #3671850 07/09/09 04:47 AM
Jay Kendrick Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: baylor_guy
quit being such a big bully Jay azn

he bullied me first! cry

Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: THE_COACH] #3672035 07/09/09 11:00 AM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted By: coach_lancaster
Originally Posted By: John175
Neither illegal or unethical if not written in the law or tournament rules.

Illegal and Unethical are different John

I agree not illegal if not written in

BUT

Your ethics should not be determined by whether or not it's written in. Your ethics are your personal set of values. Changing your ethics to suit the situation (i.e. is it in the rules) is called SITUATIONAL ETHICS and is just wrong.

The originally described situation of moving fish which I assumed was to locations they were free to leave is neither illegal or unethical. No more illegal or unethical than placing brush-piles in the hopes of passively relocating fish. Putting them in a location they can't leave is the same as caging them. I did not apply situational ethics to the scenario I applied factual ethics. To me a pocket is a cove. I don't do it. I don't see it as an effective strategy but if the fish are free to leave the area it is is neither illegal or unethical...unless you consider brush-piles illegal or unethical too. Tournaments release concentrations of fish near the weigh-ins so I assume those making the fuss believe anyone who is fishing tournament release areas are being illegal and unethical. Again I clarify that putting them in a location they can't leave is the same as caging them. Bad juju.

What are your thoughts on relocating fish to small pockets of water for the purpose of catching them again during tournaments. I think this is morally wrong and should be written into the rules.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Illegal or Unethical ? [Re: shacky] #3672039 07/09/09 11:02 AM
K
KingwoodCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
What are your thoughts on relocating fish to small pockets of water for the purpose of catching them again during tournaments. I think this is morally wrong and should be written into the rules.

A small pocket of water would have to be a pond for this to work. Too many studies have shown that fish move.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a look at the American Indian".

Henry Ford
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide