B
How about portable meth-labs?

Re: lake fork break in [Re: bgibson] #3327235 04/08/09 08:24 PM
A
Allen_TX_Basser Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
A
This has been going on for years...nobody does a thing about it. I heard a local deputy was involved too.

http://www.northtxfishing.com
Built by anglers for anglers.
Re: lake fork break in [Re: Allen_TX_Basser] #3327986 04/09/09 12:17 AM
C
conniek Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I don't know why any locals would spread such rumors. Especially this time of year,businesses love the money anglers spend while here as it boasts the economy and local folks should enjoy the people as well.I've dealt with anglers for 15 years and I can tell you, true anglers are most honest people in the world.Have never had any angler cheat us yet.
If locals telling such stories, shame on them. this lake is for everybody and it is a fishing lake, therefore, anglers come to this lake.That's kinda a given, fishing lake=anglers.And if they do not like guests here, then they should move. Fishing here before most of us.
I think the weather has dampered the attendance somewhat. winds so high, it would be scary to get on lake some days.We are down by Birch creek, but probably lots of anglers up at other end, Glade always hot spot during the spawn.Anyway, i hope just rumors. You are all welcome, stop by and say hello, we always enjoy the company and meeting anglers

Gary Yamamoto pro staff. ask us about our reel maint. video and training school

Re: lake fork break in [Re: conniek] #3328199 04/09/09 01:16 AM
1-more-cast Offline
Angler
Angler
Just got my Winnsboro paper with Wood County Police Reports. They recovered 2 boats $50,000 value each and 200 rods/reels along with other tackle. They stated that some of it has been returned to the owners. Pass the word out that if you had anything stolen at Fork to contact Wood County authorities. They didn't say anything about catching the thieves, just items recovered that had been stolen out at Fork.
Karol

Re: lake fork break in [Re: 1-more-cast] #3329510 04/09/09 12:32 PM
C
Castman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
here's a link that pretty much sums up Rains County and Emory Tx!
Don't know for sure the validity yet.

Click here!

Castman

Re: lake fork break in [Re: Castman] #3329780 04/09/09 01:46 PM
T
triton26lf Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
That link from Castman is a discussion forum, not a local newspaper or official report from the Sheriff or anything similar. I agree with Conniek - I've lived on Lake Fork, full time residence, for the past 5 years and have not read anything in the local Rains County Newspaper, the Lake Fork News, nor have I heard of anything from the locals.

However since 1-More-Casts said the Winnsboro paper had a report, then I'm thinking these thiefs are happening in Woods County, and not the Rains county part of the lake.

I'll have my wife ask her contacts with the county and local law officials. She is involved with all of them for one reason or another. I would hate to think this is all happening and not being told to the locals.

Re: lake fork break in [Re: triton26lf] #3329982 04/09/09 02:21 PM
C
Castman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
[quote=triton26lf]That link from Castman is a discussion forum, not a local newspaper or official report from the Sheriff or anything similar. I agree with Conniek - I've lived on Lake Fork, full time residence, for the past 5 years and have not read anything in the local Rains County Newspaper, the Lake Fork News, nor have I heard of anything from the locals.

of course you haven't heard about anything in The Rains County Leader...

and there not going to print it either!
{bad for business}

and as far as the forum piece..can you debunk it?

I have lived here 4 years.. would you like the people that have had crimes committed against them to call you personally?

here's you another link.. here

Castman

Re: lake fork break in [Re: triton26lf] #3332381 04/09/09 09:50 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: triton26lf
That link from Castman is a discussion forum, not a local newspaper or official report from the Sheriff or anything similar. I agree with Conniek - I've lived on Lake Fork, full time residence, for the past 5 years and have not read anything in the local Rains County Newspaper, the Lake Fork News, nor have I heard of anything from the locals.

However since 1-More-Casts said the Winnsboro paper had a report, then I'm thinking these thiefs are happening in Woods County, and not the Rains county part of the lake.

I'll have my wife ask her contacts with the county and local law officials. She is involved with all of them for one reason or another. I would hate to think this is all happening and not being told to the locals.

Its happening all over the Lake. They have even begun to hit the secluded gated communities by water. I seriously cant believe you havent heard about this.... its been a MAJOR ordeal for the last several years. One of the boats stolen a couple of weeks ago was stolen from a slip at Lake Fork Marina, when they found the boat it had 100 stolen rods and reels in it. Heres a link to one of the recent thefts

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3290263/1

This is one of over a hundred that have happened in the last 2 years. Just recently the theives have decided to start hitting peoples weekend homes and RV's at campgrounds when nobody is there.

Re: lake fork break in [Re: buda13] #3333638 04/10/09 02:49 AM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Worrying about what county the thefts actually happened in is silly. In a car, you can easily cross county lines.......thus committing a crime in another county. C'mon..
You are certainly not going to read about theft in a "paper" that is trying to push for more people to come and boost the local economy.
What cracks me up is the "locals" adding in here and making a statement about crime after they have lived here for 5 years. My home place is the oldest in Rains County, I figure this gives me some history...but it doesn't make me an expert on crime. Crime of some sort has always been here, as has corrupt police officers, judges and DA's. It just seems to have increased 500% since the lake came in.
It is fine for all of the non-locals to throw out advice about what the LEO's and business owners should be doing but who is going to pay for this? Wait, I know.....I will because I live here, despite the fact that I haven't had anything stolen.
You know why no one has stuff stolen at Tawakoni?? Cause no one will leave ANYTHING in their boat at night.
Take a lesson here, regardless of lake, and carry your stuff in at night.

Re: lake fork break in [Re: Txduckhunter] #3334439 04/10/09 12:49 PM
C
Castman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
[quote=Txduckhunter]
What cracks me up is the "locals" adding in here and making a statement about crime after they have lived here for 5 years.

it cracks you up!
I'll tell ya what cracks me up...that's Emory boasting about their "low" crime rate here! What a joke.

They are just trying to lure other "Lake People" to buy property here to steal their stuff while their back in Dallas.
Would you like some names also?
It's happened way to often to be a fluke.
Not just talking about fishing stuff..4 wheelers, tv's etc.

And unless a "Lake person" is doing the crime..your out of luck getting anything done about it.

Give me a break.

Castman

Re: lake fork break in [Re: Castman] #3335079 04/10/09 03:51 PM
T
triton26lf Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
You know what cracks me up - Catsman and TxDuckhunter crack me up. I was a cop for 4 years then changed careers due to marriage. My two kids are cops now. So I think I do know something about crime, corrupt police officers, judges, DA's and others including lawyers, county commissioners, mayors, and so on. Yeah there are some but mostly are good honest civil servants. And there are corrupt firemen, nurses, doctors, store merchants, and so on. Heck, I know of at least two places in Emory that if you pay cash, they won't charge you sales tax so they don't have to report it to the State or Uncle Sam.

All cities, big or small, want people to come in and boost the local economy and Emory is no different. But all cites do report crime rates whether they increase or decrease. If you look in the rains county leader, it has a section devoted to all the reported crimes submitted by Sheriff Taylor for Emory and Rains county.

Do you honestly think no one has stuff stolen at Tawokani? Give me a break. I won't even bother to comment on that. I"ve live here for 5 years but I have lived on lakes for more than 30 years, so I do have a clue what lakes and small towns are like, and what goes on.

This all cracks me up. I could go on and on but I'm out of here and let you two go on and on about how stupid everyone else is and y'all seem to be the only smart ones with the right answers. Anyone else with different opinions are out in left field and don't know what they are talking about. I'm going fishing now. So now y'all can write all about how stupid I am because I am signing out of here for good. I know your hearts will be broken over that.

Re: lake fork break in [Re: triton26lf] #3335616 04/10/09 06:10 PM
C
Castman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
what's your point?

My point was only that thefts are occurring and you need to be careful..and don't listen to those that say it's not happening..treat Lake Fork and the surrounding area as any other crime plagued area!

Castman

Re: lake fork break in [Re: Castman] #3336724 04/11/09 12:43 AM
T
Txduckhunter Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
I'm well aware that stuff gets stolen at Tawakoni....I think most people expect stuff to be stolen at Taw, thus they keep a better eye on it... Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough.
I also don't know how you took either of us as saying that anyone was stupid and that their opinion didn't matter...
Cman stated that there was a lot of corruption in Emory. (paraphrasing here) and I agreed that there was some. Always has been and always will be - to some extent or another.
You are right in the fact that there are some outstanding officers in the dept(s). I know several in Rains and Wood co's.
You also can find crime info on the radio, most local stations air the previous days reports...saves on reading time.
I've watched the "crime rate" go up steadily down here for a long time. I also have watched the metromess and the incidents that happen up there.. I'll take my crooked (allegedly crooked - better triton26?) judicial system any day of the week and twice on Sundays as opposed to living in the metromess.

Re: lake fork break in [Re: Txduckhunter] #3343974 04/13/09 03:07 PM
O
OhYou Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
I am missing something here, the stuff is stolen and recovered but the thieves have not been arrested? So these people are just taking things and then ditching them around the lake? Something seems fishy, pardon the pun.

I am not a guy
Re: lake fork break in [Re: triton26lf] #3344021 04/13/09 03:18 PM
S
stinger13 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Originally Posted By: triton26lf
You know what cracks me up - Catsman and TxDuckhunter crack me up. I was a cop for 4 years then changed careers due to marriage. My two kids are cops now. So I think I do know something about crime, corrupt police officers, judges, DA's and others including lawyers, county commissioners, mayors, and so on. Yeah there are some but mostly are good honest civil servants. And there are corrupt firemen, nurses, doctors, store merchants, and so on. Heck, I know of at least two places in Emory that if you pay cash, they won't charge you sales tax so they don't have to report it to the State or Uncle Sam.

All cities, big or small, want people to come in and boost the local economy and Emory is no different. But all cites do report crime rates whether they increase or decrease. If you look in the rains county leader, it has a section devoted to all the reported crimes submitted by Sheriff Taylor for Emory and Rains county.

Do you honestly think no one has stuff stolen at Tawokani? Give me a break. I won't even bother to comment on that. I"ve live here for 5 years but I have lived on lakes for more than 30 years, so I do have a clue what lakes and small towns are like, and what goes on.

This all cracks me up. I could go on and on but I'm out of here and let you two go on and on about how stupid everyone else is and y'all seem to be the only smart ones with the right answers. Anyone else with different opinions are out in left field and don't know what they are talking about. I'm going fishing now. So now y'all can write all about how stupid I am because I am signing out of here for good. I know your hearts will be broken over that.

SNIFF SNIFF....bye bye, adios, sionora,ariva derci, see ya,,,wouldn't wanna be ya...you won't be missed.
Like it was said earlier...what's your point! I am a retired police officer. ESPLAIN somethin to me! You got one good point...go fishin.
It's everywhere...big and small towns. However, it sounds a little over the top in this case. Nepotism is very illegal as far as I know. By the way...what do you do now?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide