Forums59
Topics1,041,517
Posts14,001,424
Members144,258
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ponds in Lewisville (off Hebron and Corporate) [Re: ragin_cajuns] #3175548 03/01/09 02:58 AM
F
Fish Hawk Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
I used to live at the apartments on the south side of hebron for 2 1/2 years. Caught some decent size catfish out of that pond (5-6 lbs) with bread on a very small hook and no weight, 8lb line. Used to throw bread out and they would come in within a few minutes, then throw my line out. Tough to catch bass out of that pond during the day (very clear water). It is connected to the pond with a boat ramp. Fun to watch the bass/crappie/perch during their spawn. Had the best luck at night with topwaters casting on the outside of of the vegetation.
Have not caught much out of the pond with a boat ramp (also fun to watch the fish spawn here).
My preference was the pond with the letter "a" on your map. Caught Largemouth as large as 7 lbs out of it from the bank. The water is not as clear as the rest and not as much vegetation to get tangled in. If you park in the parking lot across the pond from your letter "a" there are no "no fishing" signs. Used to be some submerged cover by the Flagpole about 8-10ft off the bank.

This IS my signature
Re: Ponds in Lewisville (off Hebron and Corporate) [Re: Fish Hawk] #3180738 03/02/09 06:15 PM
F
FISHYSMELL aka bhunter Offline
Angler
Angler
F
I am not going to tell you what is right and wrong but I will tell you this; they can shoot you on sight for tresspassing. They don't even have to put a sign up saying no tresspassing, I understand that others have been doing and they got away with but I would hate to read an article posted here that someone was shot and killed because they were tresspassing.

Favorite Quote "Badges??? We don't need no stinking badges!!!"

Re: Ponds in Lewisville (off Hebron and Corporate) [Re: FISHYSMELL aka bhunter] #3184322 03/03/09 03:05 PM
S
Slug-Go Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted By: FISHYSMELL
I am not going to tell you what is right and wrong but I will tell you this; they can shoot you on sight for tresspassing.

This blanket statement smells a little fishy, fishysmell...

Section 9.42 regarding protection of property (Texas) and the use of deadly force.
9.42. Deadly force to protect property.
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Section 9.41 regarding the protection of property (Texas) and the use of force.
9.41. Protection of one's own property.
(a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Although the use of 'force' and 'deadly force' is permissible providing circumstances are met, it would be an interesting court case to watch a property owner defend the use of deadly force against trespassing fishermen.

Last edited by Slug-Go; 03/03/09 04:16 PM.

My opinion is worth what you paid for it...

The phenomenon formerly known as Weather shall now on be called Climate Change.
Re: Ponds in Lewisville (off Hebron and Corporate) [Re: Slug-Go] #3197028 03/06/09 12:54 AM
S
ShrimpLombardy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
[/quote]
Although the use of 'force' and 'deadly force' is permissible providing circumstances are met, it would be an interesting court case to watch a property owner defend the use of deadly force against trespassing fishermen.
[/quote]

thumb ...those ultra-light combos are so intimidating that you can get shot on sight for having one. And that hook...you could poke somebody's eye out with that thing. As a property owner...I would find this threatening enough to blast away with my shotgun...farmer

Whell..Bye
Re: Ponds in Lewisville (off Hebron and Corporate) [Re: ShrimpLombardy] #3197463 03/06/09 03:06 AM
P
PESCADOR12 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Nobody would shoot you for fishing. If it was fenced off and all, possibly. Come on be realistic.

Re: Ponds in Lewisville (off Hebron and Corporate) [Re: PESCADOR12] #3198082 03/06/09 05:24 AM
B
Bill in Arlington Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I have fished there for years and have never been ran off and I fish there at least twice a week when picking up my daughter from my moms house in Lewisville .

The only reason the signs are up is because of the medical building right next to the pond . The undesirables have been leaving there crud everywhere around the parking lot and the shore line .

If the other fishermen can do what I hope that most of us on the forum are doing . (carry out what you carried in )Then this would never happen . But since the weight of there coke can,bait bags and buckets are just to heavy to take back to the car they just leave it there to rot or blow away.

And yes I know this is a lost cause .

Re: Ponds in Lewisville (off Hebron and Corporate) [Re: Bill in Arlington] #3424990 05/04/09 06:34 AM
S
spirate1226 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Anybody know if any of the channels between the two hold any fish? Or even what kind of fish do they hold? Also, just to add my input, the only thing I've caught bass on out there is a shallow crank, and Texas rigged worm. I've talked to a few guys that have caught on topwater or even just worm and bobber.

Friends dont let friends fish sober!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide