Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
my own boat #2878244 12/01/08 01:08 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
banana Hey girls, it seems that some of the wonderful people on TFF have chipped in and I am going to get a boat for the first time in my life. http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...boa#Post2798096

I am real excited. So it is a 12ft 1964 Arkansas Traveler. So I am going to be hopefully catching a whole lot more fish. I am so overwhelmed at the thoughtfulness of TFF folks. Anyway maybe some women will come on this board eventually and live in my area, and want to tag along with me and fish a bit. I imagine it will just be one person at a time, since the boat is 12ft with two seats. But still, if someone comes to my area and wants to fish, it can happen. The boat needs a lot of work, but it should be able to hit the water before too long. I will be using a trolling motor only, but that doesn't bother me. Maybe my daughter will actually fish with me now since I will have a boat. Right now it is parked at Badassbait's house. The tires are gonna have to be replaced before I can take it home. My brother is going to be able to get me a wholesale discount on them. He thinks about 40 bucks a piece. Anyway, if you want to see progress on the boat, you can view that thread and see pics of it and all. Hopefully soon I will be showing you some bigger fish in my pictures that I post, with the help of a boat.

The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." Thomas Jefferson

You Dont Love Something You Want to Fundamentally Transform Mark Levin

Re: my own boat [Re: kelkay] #2878264 12/01/08 01:14 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Oh I forgot to say more about my daughter. When last fall rolled around she decided she didn't want to fish anymore. Before that she went fishing a lot with her brother and I. My son is 15. Anyway the last two times she went fishing, she talked on the cell phone the entire time, and didn't really fish. I even baited her line for her, she just held the rod, and talked on the phone. The very last time we were at the spillway, she stayed in the truck and never did fish. I am hoping when she is about 23 or so she will come back to fishing, if not sooner. She used to sit on the chair, or wander around while my son and I worked our rears off trying to find out what the fish wanted. When she saw us finally catching them, she would mosey on down, ask what we were using, and then start catching. A lot of times she would even get a bigger fish than us, as she gleaned from all our hard work. It was funny, and we used to kid her about it. Now she won't even do that. For you ladies who have daughters around this age, and older, when do they come back to fishing? I don't push anymore. I just ask her if she wants to go, she says no, I go. My son will go with my most of the time, but not every time. It is more of an obsession for me, than him. Anyway I hope to hear some good news about this from some of you who have been there. Right now my daughter's friends are more important than family, sadly.

The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." Thomas Jefferson

Re: my own boat [Re: kelkay] #2878585 12/01/08 03:26 PM
W
wiper striker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Congratulations on your boat. You will love being on the water. I've had my boat for 11 yrs and it has brought me so much joy.

There are no kinder, caring people than fishermen.

Can't help you with your daughter, I have 2 sons who hunt and fish, even sometimes with their Mom. smile They are 33 and 35.

Re: my own boat [Re: wiper striker] #2879186 12/01/08 07:15 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Thanks, I cannot wait to get it ready for the water. I agree with you on the statement about anglers! Well maybe somebody else can help then with the question about my daughter. I truly believe she will eventually get back into it. Having the boat may just be the incentive she needs. My son is more than ready to join me out on the water.

Re: my own boat [Re: kelkay] #2880867 12/02/08 11:25 AM
M
Mario-Bass man Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
If your only going to use a t motor on your boat your going to have to install a stationary "Tiller" on the back of the boat so you can control the direction you want to move in. I'm sure Mike can help you with that as its not a big project at all. Just my 2 cents worth.

Politicians are like diapers--they should be changed often and for the same reasons
Re: my own boat [Re: Mario-Bass man] #2881936 12/02/08 05:27 PM
steve@S2Marine Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
kelkay.
congrats on the boat!! that's way cool.

i have two daughters one is 18 and currently at the naval boot camp!
my youngest is 16.

both always liked going out with me on the boat, but neither really liked to fish. they just liked riding around and being with me (yes, they liked going fast too). my youngest always tried, but gave up soon if they didn't bite right away.
perhaps your daughter will do the same. just being with you on the boat is a blessing, it is to me anyway.
eventually she may or may not get into the fishing part. Just enjoy the time out with her as i have with my kiddo's.
now that you have a boat, she won't be able to stay in the truck..lol

good luck and catch alot of fishies. or atleast have fun trying!

steve.

www.hydrodynamics-usa.com
info@hydrodynamics-usa.com
903-763-5225
www.s2marine.com
s2marinesales@gmail.com
Blazer Boats, Gambler boats and Legend Craft Boats

Re: my own boat [Re: steve@S2Marine] #2882625 12/02/08 09:32 PM
M
MsBass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Congrats on the boat Kelkay. We have a daughter and she too didn't do a whole lot of fishing in her teens. It's been pretty much since graduation that she has taken a deeper interest in the fishing again. Now she's 26 and has 2 boys and fishing is one of her favorite outdoor sports. We even take them out on the crappie barge here on Lewisville every chance we get. Her and the hubby take them out on Ray Hubbard. I sure wish you and I lived closer to each other cuz I would certainly love to go fishing with you.

Re: my own boat [Re: MsBass] #2883315 12/03/08 02:22 AM
D
danny gove Offline
Angler
Angler
D
look at getting them envolved in a jr bass club, we currently have 5 girls fishing with us at this time in our jr club, as a matter of fact they run the club, one is pres and the other sec/tres....pm me for more info if your interested in clubs in your area

Re: my own boat [Re: Mario-Bass man] #2884001 12/03/08 12:31 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Well after careful consideration we came to the conclusion a trolling motor in the front would be hard to control. Plus a deck would need to be installed to attach it. So it looks like I will get a transom mount tm instead. Late4Lake said I can sell the other one, I have no idea what the one he gave me is worth though. He said he has an almost new transom tm to get to me.

Re: my own boat [Re: steve@S2Marine] #2884005 12/03/08 12:31 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Thanks Steve. She said she would probably go with me on the boat.

Re: my own boat [Re: MsBass] #2884008 12/03/08 12:33 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Thanks for giving me a bit of hope. Yes I know if we lived closer you and I would do some fishing together, I have no doubt of that. I would love to fish with you sometime too.

Re: my own boat [Re: danny gove] #2884011 12/03/08 12:34 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
I don't think my son would be interested. I know my daughter would not. She is too busy with her little circle of friends to care about much else. You know how they are once they are a senior. She will be 18 before I know it. Seems like I just had her, now she is almost grown.

Re: my own boat [Re: kelkay] #2887248 12/04/08 11:40 AM
steve@S2Marine Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: kelkay
Thanks Steve. She said she would probably go with me on the boat.

that's a good start!! thumb

www.hydrodynamics-usa.com
info@hydrodynamics-usa.com
903-763-5225
www.s2marine.com
s2marinesales@gmail.com
Blazer Boats, Gambler boats and Legend Craft Boats

Re: my own boat [Re: steve@S2Marine] #2892629 12/06/08 11:04 AM
C
Cindy! Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Wow congrats KelKay!!!

As for your daughter I understand where you are coming from. I have a 15 year old little girl who seems very similar to your daughter (who knows, they could be in the same circle of friends!!!haha). She used to fish with me but nowadays she is much more interested in her MySpace account and her cell phone then just about anything else. Sometimes I wonder if it was a mistake that I got her a cell phone!

I think it is just the age that they are at. I am just going to keep my chin up and whenever she is ready to come back to the waters she will know that I will be there.

But hey, you got a boat right?!?!!?

Anything you can catch I can catch BIGGER!

hehehe. My favorite website for girls who fish? www.reelfishinggirl.com.
Re: my own boat [Re: Cindy!] #2892824 12/06/08 12:32 PM
K
kelkay Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
K
Well I bought it, but cannot use it yet. (with very kind donations that is) The trailer is not usable we just found out ,not without a lot of work. I may end up as cheap to just find a good used boat trailer...I hate to do that...but it may be better in the long run. The other trailer would need a hub kit for both wheels, and they need knew wheels etc... I had planned on picking up the new tires yesterday, when Badassbaits told me the bad news about trying to get the wheels off. (it was sitting for eleven years) Oh well, stuff er..well, it happens. I hope to soon have a fishable boat and trailer...I cannot wait.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide