Judd Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release

Powell Rods Announces New Lower Pricing Structure on Powell Max Bass Rods

Novato, Calif. – As the cost of living seems to increase daily and retail prices continue to climb nationwide, the burden of those increased costs land squarely on the shoulder of consumer. The fishing industry is no different, as prices of goods have steadily climbed in recent history.

Powell Rods knows that increased costs can have an effect on an angler’s ability to enjoy their pastime and the company has taken steps to help alleviate some of the pressure brought on by rising costs.

Immediately Powell Rods will institute a new, lower retail price on all of their popular Powell Max Bass Rods. The new price points will be $139.99 for all rods seven feet and shorter, while all rods longer than seven feet will retail for $169.99.

Keith Bryan, President of Powell Rods, said that the new pricing structure is the result of working with current suppliers to procure materials and components with the long run in mind. “Our Powell Max bass rods are made with the highest quality components, and that is not going to change,” Bryan said. “Our suppliers have worked with us to produce the best available pricing on long term partnerships, and we want to pass on the benefit to the consumer.”

Bryan wanted to stress the fact that nothing in the product line would be changing, other than the reduced price. “All of our premium quality components will remain the same, from our blanks, guides, reel seats and handles,” noted Bryan. “We are doing this to thank our customers for the success of our brand, and make it easier for them to enjoy the sport they love with great equipment.

“At Powell, we have worked long and hard to be innovative and right now that means going against the grain when it comes to setting our price points; we are doing our best to work for our customers,” Bryan said.

Powell Rods can be found at retailers across the country, talk to your dealer about the highest quality, most affordable rods available. With 47 models, Powell’s Max product line has something for any angler, from seasoned professional to the weekend angler; these rods will perform for all. Now it is easier for everyone to experience Powell Max quality.

Powell Rods is a 98 year-old company with its roots in fly-fishing. In 2005, Powell introduced their Max Series of fishing rods featuring proprietary high modulus graphite Maxumfiber blank material coupled with the world’s highest quality rod building components.

Each Powell rod is the product of many years of rod building experience and the expertise of our design team that couples engineering and angler input; the result is a rod of exceptional quality and high performance demanded by anglers. The Powell focus is to provide products with the highest quality standards, backed with superior customer service.

To find a Powell retailer near you, please visit our website at www.powellco.com, or call us at 1 (888) 635-9763.
--------------------------------------------------------------

You can get the rods locally at Rockwall Marine and Cabela's but it might take a little bit to get the prices adjusted so be patient with them. I really like my Powell rods and thought ya'll would like to know about this great announcement!

Re: Powell Rod news... [Re: Judd] #2404803 06/27/08 11:51 AM
P
plexi50 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Anyone bought one of theese recently I heard they have changed the balance point and made the rods heavier than they were before

Re: Powell Rod news... [Re: plexi50] #2406168 06/27/08 08:49 PM
R
Robert R Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
I've saw them recently at Cabelas and they were plenty light. They just started carrying them and they look great, very light and well made.

Re: Powell Rod news... [Re: plexi50] #2408253 06/28/08 10:06 PM
J
Judd Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: plexi50
Anyone bought one of theese recently I heard they have changed the balance point and made the rods heavier than they were before

They are one of the few that actually publish weights on their website. They are ligher than almost all of the other rods I have used. Since they lowered the price it hard to beat a Powell.

Let me know if I can help.

Re: Powell Rod news... [Re: plexi50] #2408547 06/29/08 12:46 AM
S
Slide_R Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

I have one Powell and it is pretty awesome.

Not sure if this is true about moving the balance point and making the rods heavier, just would not make sense from a builders standpoint. If my recently purchased Powel rod is "heavier" then they must have really been light before.

I would recommend the Powell Max series to any serious bass fisherman and at the new lower price point, they are a remarkable product.

Robert Oleson
aka Slide_R

Re: Powell Rod news... [Re: Slide_R] #2408998 06/29/08 09:45 AM
JPeel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Slide_R

I have one Powell and it is pretty awesome.

Not sure if this is true about moving the balance point and making the rods heavier, just would not make sense from a builders standpoint. If my recently purchased Powel rod is "heavier" then they must have really been light before.

I would recommend the Powell Max series to any serious bass fisherman and at the new lower price point, they are a remarkable product.

I'm with you on that - the 4 that I bought last year are perfect. Lightweight, sensitive, durable (so far) and priced right. Now if I can only get them to refund the difference as I bought all mine at $169... grin

the fisherman formerly known as Blu-Ranger....
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide