Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: go-redfin-go] #2238910 05/06/08 02:35 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I've used Danny Kings in the past and it worked really well, and I bought it repeatedly but when the bad batch came out it killed it for me.

Sure it is fixed now, and I will someday buy it again, but I want to make sure there isn't some of the bad stuff still out there to waste my money and time on.

No bait is a sure thing, but having confidence in your bait is a major factor in how well you do, on any given day!

Just one more cast!

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Jimbo] #2240829 05/06/08 10:08 PM
R
Red White and Blue Guide Svc Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
man i need some TRUTH. was it just a "bad batch" that I bought the last THREE TIMES, to include buying a whole gallon of the stuff that DOESNT work?...is the old danny kings reallllllly back? if so, I sure cant find it on the shelves, and Ive been SUCKERED three or four times now. can someone actually confirm if the old formula is back, and I dont want to hear it from someone who gets it for FREE!

Scott Birnel
Red White and Blue Guide Service
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Red White and Blue Guide Svc] #2240909 05/06/08 10:41 PM
T
TXBOSUN Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Why don't you try something else? Lots of the guys around here use Big Marvs. I use it, and I pay cash for it, and it has been working for me for about 18 years. Since it was Bob's Cheese Bait. I have no stock or interest in the company, I just like to catch fish.

"If dogs don't go to heaven then when I die, I want to go where they went"

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: TXBOSUN] #2240981 05/06/08 10:57 PM
R
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
txbosun, tried it, and it works great. but I cant get it on short notice (not fishing at caly lately)...I guess I need to buy some in bulk when I get a chance, but I cant afford it right now because I spent all my bait money on a crappy gallon of the "new" DK's!
saving up some money for you Marv...

Scott Birnel
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Red White and Blue Guide Svc] #2241034 05/06/08 11:08 PM
T
TXBOSUN Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
I guess DK's won't give you a refund huh? Yea I know...fat chance.

"If dogs don't go to heaven then when I die, I want to go where they went"

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: deep fried] #2241521 05/07/08 01:39 AM
F
FuturePharmD Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Originally Posted By: deep fried
Originally Posted By: FuturePharmD
Originally Posted By: deep fried
Didn't say he couldn't just said it was a strange post when he is the prez of something DK's Sponsers.

Holy [censored] Batman! WTF? Talk about a "strange post"!!!! Is this even English? Haha. To make matters worse, it says you took time to "edit" the post. If this is what you decided was correct after your "edit", then I wonder how you effectively communicate with others in everyday conversation?

Just what are you trying to effectively communicate??

Good lord...You can't even understand normal English. smile I just found the syntactical structure of your original post a bit "odd". That's all. And it lead to semantical confusion. Maybe in your language that's normal?

Just trying to be funny. No offense intended.

If I bought some of DK's at the boat show in Arlington a few months back, is it the good stuff or the bad stuff? I haven't had a chance to use it yet. In fact, this is the first tub of the stuff I've ever purchased. If you've never used DK's before, how can you tell the good stuff from the bad?

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: FuturePharmD] #2241861 05/07/08 08:15 AM
R
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
the good stuff catches fish, bad stuff doesnt...at least not like it used to.
seriously though..I will try to explain the differences as I see them to someone who hasnt used both.
the new danny kings has more fiber, and seems to be mostly fiber and lard, and the smell, although still "bad", is much more subtle. the old danny kings was thicker consistency, and smelled really strong (the smell would stay on my hands for a few DAYS), and it had other ingredients in better proportion to the amount of fibers. the fiber was in it to provide body so it would gob on a hook, but the fiber wasnt the main ingredient...now it is. the ingredients stayed on the hook better. with the new danny kings, you soon have a hook with a lot of fiber on it, but the good stuff rinses out leaving just the fiber behind.
in the blood flavor, the new one seems to have some dye inconsistently stirred in, so it has pink streaks in it. the old blood formula was a uniform bubble gum pink all the way through.

Scott Birnel
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: FuturePharmD] #2242061 05/07/08 10:12 AM
D
deep fried Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: FuturePharmD
Good lord...You can't even understand normal English. smile I just found the syntactical structure of your original post a bit "odd". That's all. And it lead to semantical confusion. Maybe in your language that's normal?

Just trying to be funny. No offense intended.

Then don't Drink & Post.

Never Ever own a Campground!!!
Midwaylanding.com
Boat Props
Catfish Stuff
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: deep fried] #2242523 05/07/08 12:13 PM
M
Michael Ryno Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
You guys should just start using Big Marv's and stop all the fuss. Why worry about some used to be bait and get with some bait that will fill your freezer?

Big Marv's Bait Company

(830) 789-4445

The Following are all fish caught on Big Marv's Cheese Bait in 5 hours or less, this past weekend 5/2/08-5/4/08.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Michael Ryno] #2242607 05/07/08 12:35 PM
N
no-scales Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
N
new jar of dk

catfish...the other white meat
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Michael Ryno] #2243048 05/07/08 02:21 PM
D
deep fried Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Michael Ryno
You guys should just start using Big Marv's and stop all the fuss. Why worry about some used to be bait and get with some bait that will fill your freezer?

Ain't no fuss here on RC We've got several customers that do that every week on DK's

Midwaylanding.com
Boat Props
Catfish Stuff
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: no-scales] #2243356 05/07/08 03:23 PM
B
BuddyLee147 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: no-scales
new jar of dk

Did that jar of blood come with the white lid next to it? That sure would be different and make it easy to identify the "new original formula" batch on shelves.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: BuddyLee147] #2243399 05/07/08 03:35 PM
T
Trebor Neil Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Sure Shot still is the same, And has ALWAYS worked...
btw: I have no vested intrest

You bettcha!
[Linked Image]
oofta!
Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: deep fried] #2243470 05/07/08 03:55 PM
M
Michael Ryno Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
The proof is in the pictures,
Unlike some of the folks on here trying to back DK, I'm giving proof by photo's of what Big Marv's Cheese Bait can produce. I also do not sell Big Marv's or get any kick back what so ever, like some who sell and or push Dk.

MY OPINION IS, Why fool with some "used to be bait" when there is one on the market that WILL complete the task of Catching Catfish without any complaints.

One thing to keep in mind is, If some one is selling BS they will always tell you what you want to hear.

Like I said, I don't sell or profit from Big Marv's Cheese bait, But my clients and I do catch way more Catfish than most people would ever care to clean.

If you want a bait that works, Hands Down, Get some Big Marv's, If you want a bait that might work, do what you have to do.

Re: danny kings is back!!!!!!!!! [Re: Michael Ryno] #2243589 05/07/08 04:21 PM
D
deep fried Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Originally Posted By: Michael Ryno
The proof is in the pictures,
Unlike some of the folks on here trying to back DK, I'm giving proof by photo's of what Big Marv's Cheese Bait can produce. I also do not sell Big Marv's or get any kick back what so ever, like some who sell and or push Dk.

MY OPINION IS, Why fool with some "used to be bait" when there is one on the market that WILL complete the task of Catching Catfish without any complaints.

One thing to keep in mind is, If some one is selling BS they will always tell you what you want to hear.

Like I said, I don't sell or profit from Big Marv's Cheese bait, But my clients and I do catch way more Catfish than most people would ever care to clean.

If you want a bait that works, Hands Down, Get some Big Marv's, If you want a bait that might work, do what you have to do.

And I suppose the ones on here that say they do good on DK's are liars. Maybe they should give more Polygraph test to the ones that do good in tournaments using it.

Midwaylanding.com
Boat Props
Catfish Stuff
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide