Offshore Venice La.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just returned from Venice and thought it would be a good idea to post a report.

Friday my party canceled but Capt Eddie and Capt Lee still had trips. Capt Eddie stayed close as the weather was tough and he was sick but he managed 4 nice hooters and was back at the dock at a reasonable time. Capt. Lee tried to go long as the Tuna haven't been at the lump in some time, but he never really got to "the spot" as his customers got spooked and asked him to return(maybe it was a good thing my party canceled) but he still managed to get a couple of wahoo in the boat before returning to the dock.

Saturday the weather was perfect and all three of us took off long in hot pursuit of Tuna. Capt Eddie went to explore some new areas while Capt Lee and I stuck to the normal spots. Capt Lee had a great day and going 4 for 7 on Yellows. My crew about sunk the boat with Blacks at the first spot before deciding that they had had enough of the Blacks and wanted to take a shot at the Yellows so we made a short run to our last spot and wound up going 3 for 3 on Yellows.

Sunday we all canceled due to weather.

All in all the fishing has still been good even though the lump has never really turned on this year. It's just required us to be a little more creative.
The Wahoo have been pretty reliable when we cant get to far offshore and the Yellows seem to be out at the spring time grounds when we can get to them.

Spring is coming and with it will be the Bull dolphin run that normally goes through mid June. If you havent booked a trip yet call me or Eddy.

God Bless!
Capt Jerry Allen
pocolococharters.com