OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
Jimmy Everetts Lake Fork Report
www.FISHINLAKEFORK.COM

Rik Harrison with a nice one over 8lbs

Bobby Dubose with a toad on a Strike Works Jig

Larry Petr with a nice 7 plus caught on a jig

The fishing this week remains good for size although the numbers have dropped a little from last week. I have still been catching several 5-8 pound bass this week but this week hasnt produced any almost share a lunker fish. The patterns have changed slightly from last week with the cool weather but look for it to get back to the way it was in the next couple of days with the warm weather.

The shallow water pattern has stayed the same for now. I am still throwing lipless crank and picking up several good fish. The colors will be few but I will almost always start with a lipless bait that has some orange in it. If it seems to be some start messing with your chrome, blue, and with a little red on it, chart/ black, yellow/brown, and gold/black. All these colors will produce fish but almost always one will be a top producer. With these baits start throwing around grass located in 2 to 8 feet of water. For the 6 foot of water and less I will throw the 1/2 or 5/8 ounce models and for the deeper grass from 6 feet and deeper try throwing a 3/4 to 1 ounce models. I will be working these baits on a steady retrieve with a slight twitch while Im reeling it in. I will give it this small twitch about 3 to 4 times in a single cast. Another good method has been almost letting it get tangled in the light grass almost on purpose and then ripping it out and letting it float down for a second or two. Start looking for areas around the lake thats has large grass beds. It can be different from day to day especially with the days temperature on deciding where to fish. The main lake grass all the way to the back of the creeks will produce at anytime so dont be afraid to move. Another tip is to work the water very well if you catch fish and the bite goes south. You might have to pull out a suspending stick bait in clown or black/gold/orange to pick up a few extra bites. Remember to work these baits slow.

This week has also pushed some fish into creek channel bends. Find the bends of the creek with your graph and kick out a little bit and start throwing. The best way I have found to catch them has been a down scaled carolina rig with a 1/4 to 3/8 ounce weight with a leader ranging from 12 to 18 inches in length. On the back of the rig I have been throwing a 5inch Gary Yamamoto Senko or a Zoom Super Fluke in watermelon/red with a chart. dyed tail. The key is being slow. Most of the bites have come while in the middle of a long pause. Look for the bends in 6 to 12 feet of water for the best results..

For those anglers looking for the fish of a life time to get out that flipping stick and spool it up with some 50lb braid. I have landed both of those toads along with many other big fish this week pitching and flipping a Strike Works Tackle 1/2 ounce Wood Jig in watermelon/red or black/blue/purple with matching Gary Yamamoto Craws. There are a few places to catch these big fish this time of year. A almost no fail is along the edges of the creek channels and creek channel bends. Work the cover lining the creek very well and slow. Work down the creek and then turn around and work it back out. Watch and pay attention to whas going on as the bites might vary from day to day. Work the creek channels in 6 to 15 feet of water for some good action. Another hot spot will be brush piles located in 8 to 15 feet of water. Work through these very slow using the jig like a texas rig. The bites are a little easier to feel like this but make sure you get the fish out of the brush as fast as possible after you set the hook.

I still have March 2nd & 30th and some April dates available along with some weekend dates for those interested. If you are interested in a professional Lake Fork Guide trip for any time give me a call at (903)-598-2505 or (903)-216-1867 and I will be happy to help or answer any questions that you may have. You can also catch me at www.fishinlakefork.com and email me from there. Gift certificates are available for any occasion.

Guide Jimmy Everett
Jimmy@fishinlakefork.com

Proudly Sponsored by: Sun Valley Fiberglass (www.svalley.org), Fun-N-Sun boating centers (www.funnsunboats.com), Strike Works Tackle (www.strikeworkstackle.com), Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits (www.baits.com), SDMI (www.slickfishlure.com), 2M coating (www.2mcoating.com) & www.rockchips.com, Oak Ridge Resort (www.oakridgemarina.com)

Jimmy Everett's Lake Fork Guide Service
903-598-2505/home 903-216-1867/cell
http://www.fishinlakefork.com
Re: Lake Fork Report & Big Bass Pics [Re: Guide Jimmy Everett] #2013233 02/27/08 01:03 AM
GPS Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Jimmy you sure can find big fish. See you next month!

Greg Stewart

"I started with nothing and today I still have most of it."

"What offends the mind; reveals your heart!"
Re: Lake Fork Report & Big Bass Pics [Re: GPS] #2018214 02/28/08 03:33 AM
K
kidrick68 Offline
Angler
Angler
K
Fun day of fishing Jimmy. Thanks again.

If your waitin' on me your backin' up.
Re: Lake Fork Report & Big Bass Pics [Re: kidrick68] #2018293 02/28/08 05:16 AM
H
hornsfan86 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
jimmy thanks bud had a blast rick looks like an allstar with 'his fish' on here haha

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide