Print Thread
Kayak fishing Lighthouse Lake Aransas Pass #15123157 07/08/24 08:39 PM
B
BrandoA Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
My GF likes to fish down at the coast. This weekend we/she fished a pay to fish pier. Personally thats not fishing but wishing something swims by. I just watched a video of :Lighthouse lake and how its a Kayak fisherman dream. Who has fished it and is it hard to navigate? looks like a cool place from the video I watched

Re: Kayak fishing Lighthouse Lake Aransas Pass [Re: BrandoA] #15123295 07/08/24 11:23 PM
J
Jerry713 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by BrandoA
My GF likes to fish down at the coast. This weekend we/she fished a pay to fish pier. Personally thats not fishing but wishing something swims by. I just watched a video of :Lighthouse lake and how its a Kayak fisherman dream. Who has fished it and is it hard to navigate? looks like a cool place from the video I watched

Well it can be a kayak fisherman’s dream but it’s pretty low on my list of places I would go in that area. It’s really popular so it gets a lot of pressure and redfish often react as such. Also you have to cross a dangerous channel that’s about 200 yards wide. It’s dangerous due to the about of boat traffic that travels the channel. I strongly recommend not crossing that channel in the dark. There has been a fatality there between a boat and a kayaker there. It’s not hard to navigate if you know how to judge water depths.

You get out of it what you put into it!
Re: Kayak fishing Lighthouse Lake Aransas Pass [Re: BrandoA] #15123385 07/09/24 12:47 AM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
yeah the channel is not good

Re: Kayak fishing Lighthouse Lake Aransas Pass [Re: BrandoA] #15123390 07/09/24 01:02 AM
I
IslandJim Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
I
I live here, and don't fish much on weekends, because of the influx of too-many Hill Country folks. Aransas County has sixteen(!) kayak launches. San Patricio County(AransasPass) has probably seven kayak launches, Lighthouse the most famous, but Brown & Root Flats, across Hwy 361, and Aransas Pass Aquatic Park, Ransom Road launch, and many others. Tons of good launches! Aransas Pathways on-line has pics & maps, or you can pick one up at their kiosk on Austin St. IslandJim

I'm an Eighth Day Adventist. On the Eighth Day, God went fishing!

Re: Kayak fishing Lighthouse Lake Aransas Pass [Re: IslandJim] #15123714 07/09/24 02:15 PM
B
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by IslandJim
I live here, and don't fish much on weekends, because of the influx of too-many Hill Country folks. Aransas County has sixteen(!) kayak launches. San Patricio County(AransasPass) has probably seven kayak launches, Lighthouse the most famous, but Brown & Root Flats, across Hwy 361, and Aransas Pass Aquatic Park, Ransom Road launch, and many others. Tons of good launches! Aransas Pathways on-line has pics & maps, or you can pick one up at their kiosk on Austin St. IslandJim

Thank you for the information

Re: Kayak fishing Lighthouse Lake Aransas Pass [Re: BrandoA] #15124262 07/10/24 12:57 AM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
BrandoA, look at Google Earth and you will find a plethora of good kayak fishing areas around Rockport / AP. The weekend crowds are always an issue, but you can find areas with fish that don't get hammered. If you don't mind doing a little paddling, there are several good spots accessible from Goose Island State Park. I haven't been there in several years, but when the wife was alive we took the RV there several times every year; it was our favorite RV destination. Most of the yakkers just fish the reefs at the mouth of St. Charles Bay. There are numerous other great spots nearby that they never think to fish. I've wadefished, kayak fished, and fished the area in my Solo Skiff and my Skull Island poling skiff; the area is conducive to all of those methods. Good luck!

Re: Kayak fishing Lighthouse Lake Aransas Pass [Re: Jim Ford] #15124609 07/10/24 02:20 PM
B
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Jim Ford
BrandoA, look at Google Earth and you will find a plethora of good kayak fishing areas around Rockport / AP. The weekend crowds are always an issue, but you can find areas with fish that don't get hammered. If you don't mind doing a little paddling, there are several good spots accessible from Goose Island State Park. I haven't been there in several years, but when the wife was alive we took the RV there several times every year; it was our favorite RV destination. Most of the yakkers just fish the reefs at the mouth of St. Charles Bay. There are numerous other great spots nearby that they never think to fish. I've wadefished, kayak fished, and fished the area in my Solo Skiff and my Skull Island poling skiff; the area is conducive to all of those methods. Good luck!

Again thank you for all the info

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide