grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix
Originally Posted by Pilothawk
Another attack on freedom.

It is my firm belief that you should have the right to negotiate away your ability to compete if circumstances make that in your best interest.

AMEN or a business should have the right to ask if they want to protect their company from trade secrets or any other reason. you have the right not to go to work for them.

You built a business from “the ground up” were you dropped on earth like terminator and started your business or did some of the skills you learned at a previous employer help you at all?

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 04/24/24 08:19 PM.
Re: Noncompete [Re: grandbassslayer] #15055950 04/24/24 08:29 PM
921 Phoenix Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

It is my firm belief that you should have the right to negotiate away your ability to compete if circumstances make that in your best interest.

AMEN or a business should have the right to ask if they want to protect their company from trade secrets or any other reason. you have the right not to go to work for them.

You built a business from “the ground up” were you dropped on earth like terminator and started your business or did some of the skills you learned at a previous employer help you at all?

I was drop on earth what's your point? LAMO

My dad taught me in south Arkansas while helping him. He died a few years later. I moved from Texas to Wyoming and started a new business with a patent I developed. Yes I paid for it all myself. I brought equipment in from China and started built it from a shop that was 50'X50' by myself. I ended up selling it 5 years later. I didn't know anyone in Wyoming before moving up there.

Re: Noncompete [Re: 921 Phoenix] #15055973 04/24/24 08:54 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

I was drop on earth what's your point? LAMO

My dad taught me in south Arkansas while helping him. He died a few years later. I moved from Texas to Wyoming and started a new business with a patent I developed. Yes I paid for it all myself. I brought equipment in from China and started built it from a shop that was 50'X50' by myself. I ended up selling it 5 years later. I didn't know anyone in Wyoming before moving up there.

I’d say your patents protect you there. Non competes are real popular for companies to give their sales staff- and usually, you may be an outlier, the product they sell and the companies they sell to are not some super secret exclusive deal, the non compete is just used to keep a person stuck when the comp plan is not as good as the market says it’s should be.

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 04/24/24 08:55 PM.
Re: Noncompete [Re: YEE_YEE] #15055975 04/24/24 08:57 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
I dealt with one noncompete situation in my career. Our company was sold and a lot of management was eventually let go. In order to get your severance check you had to sign a one year non compete agreement. The severance was a lump sum payment equal to one years salary, so it wasn’t insignificant. No one questioned the ethics or legality of the agreement, but I believe most took it, signed it, and ran.

“There’s no such thing as too much horsepower, just not enough traction”…..Carroll Shelby
Re: Noncompete [Re: HasBen] #15056012 04/24/24 10:26 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by HasBen
I dealt with one noncompete situation in my career. Our company was sold and a lot of management was eventually let go. In order to get your severance check you had to sign a one year non compete agreement. The severance was a lump sum payment equal to one years salary, so it wasn’t insignificant. No one questioned the ethics or legality of the agreement, but I believe most took it, signed it, and ran.

I have no problem with that and, if that was the way they worked, I think it would be fair. Pay me my salary for the duration of the non-compete. Would get tricky for some salespeople who have a low base salary and make a lot in commission, but that could be negotiated.

[Linked Image]
Re: Noncompete [Re: YEE_YEE] #15056040 04/25/24 12:03 AM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D
One of my business mentors had a carpet cleaning company. It was more of a tax write off because he would train people to do the job, they would go buy their own white van and do their own thing, cutting the business owner out and charging less. He was telling me he found one guy had even printed up his own receipt book and was using business owners time & equipment and charge the customer, putting the money in his own pocket. Don (the business owner) had GPS trackers put in his vans and watched the techs go to unscheduled stops, do a carpet service and keep the funds...while using Dons' equipment and getting paid by the hour.

The second business I started, grew and sold, they had me sign a non compete for 5 years. I was cool with that.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Noncompete [Re: YEE_YEE] #15056066 04/25/24 01:08 AM
Mudshark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I wish I had a non-compete with a 15 year clause in it. I’d quit tomorrow and they would have to pay me until I retire.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide