Forums59
Topics1,039,913
Posts13,972,159
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: hopalong] #15053730 04/22/24 01:51 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Is this like the "over-active" hurricane season forecasts these meteorologist put out every (and I mean every) year? Well, as they say "Bad news is good news". That is if a voodoo prediction can be considered "news".

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: Douglas J] #15053733 04/22/24 01:55 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Douglas J
I cannot wait until we move to Southern La where all we have to worry about is an occasional hurricane. We have a farm a little farther north we can run to when the hurricanes come calling.

The Parrish we are moving to has 65 recorded tornadoes since they started documenting the weather. I have been here for my entire life and love Texas, but honestly will not miss the hail, sever thunderstorms and naders!

Not sure how far inland your farm is from the coast but 150 miles is the standard. In La. I'd guess at about Alexandria.

Which Parish are you moving to? Spent a whole lotta time in Cameron Parish fishing and shrimping in the 80's and 90's. Good days !

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: Mark Perry] #15053738 04/22/24 01:59 PM
T
Ted Dyer Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by reeltexan

oh no, oh no, oh no.
it's the evil fossil fuels.

I bet if we send some money to Israel or Ukraine it will stop the severe weather.

I like this Mark. You're a problem solver! roflmao

flagtexas
Courage - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.
Stupidity - knowing something will hurt and still doing it.

That’s why life is difficult
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: Ted Dyer] #15054451 04/23/24 01:41 AM
hopalong Offline OP
Pescador Loco
OP Offline
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Ted Dyer
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

oh no, oh no, oh no.
it's the evil fossil fuels.

I bet if we send some money to Israel or Ukraine it will stop the severe weather.

I like this Mark. You're a problem solver! roflmao

no, no, no, let me pm you my paypal and I will take care of it. Okie dokey?

or do you want to start doing the ot weather?

either or. nuts

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: Douglas J] #15054454 04/23/24 01:44 AM
T
The Searchers Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
I cannot wait until we move to Southern La where all we have to worry about is an occasional hurricane. We have a farm a little farther north we can run to when the hurricanes come calling.

The Parrish we are moving to has 65 recorded tornadoes since they started documenting the weather. I have been here for my entire life and love Texas, but honestly will not miss the hail, sever thunderstorms and naders!

Yeah man but a sweat shop year round with no winter?

Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: RayBob] #15054455 04/23/24 01:44 AM
hopalong Offline OP
Pescador Loco
OP Offline
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by RayBob
Is this like the "over-active" hurricane season forecasts these meteorologist put out every (and I mean every) year? Well, as they say "Bad news is good news". That is if a voodoo prediction can be considered "news".

this year we are gonna go all la nina on it, atlantic is sposed to be more active and bigger storms, so they say.

I think we will have a normal "bad" spring, gonna see some biguns here soon, lots of things changing at the same time and bad juju for the atmosphere

or not, take your pick.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: hopalong] #15054457 04/23/24 01:45 AM
hopalong Offline OP
Pescador Loco
OP Offline
Pescador Loco
watch the gulf

inflow

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: hopalong] #15054459 04/23/24 01:45 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
What will we ever do???... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: hopalong] #15054462 04/23/24 01:47 AM
hopalong Offline OP
Pescador Loco
OP Offline
Pescador Loco
duck n cover used to be a thing.

just sayin.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: The Searchers] #15054509 04/23/24 02:32 AM
reeltexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by The Searchers

They measure the humidity by number of mosquitoes per cubic foot.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: reeltexan] #15055058 04/23/24 07:10 PM
lanman71 Offline
Maroon!
Maroon!
Originally Posted by The Searchers

They measure the humidity by number of mosquitoes per cubic foot.

Lol, hadn’t heard that one.

What a maroon!
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: RayBob] #15055442 04/24/24 03:11 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Not sure how far inland your farm is from the coast but 150 miles is the standard. In La. I'd guess at about Alexandria.

Which Parish are you moving to? Spent a whole lotta time in Cameron Parish fishing and shrimping in the 80's and 90's. Good days !

Farm is 10 miles south of Mississippi state line, about 180 "ish" miles from the "coast".

Moving to E. Baton Parish, in Jefferson Place - Bocage, if you are familiar with the area

As for the "no winter", there is a lot more mild weather than most think, as you get farther south it is a little different

Taxes are reasonable, my retirement is state income tax exempt. Lots of family and we will never miss the Tigers playing in DV again!

#MFGA
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: Douglas J] #15055540 04/24/24 11:21 AM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN

Farm is 10 miles south of Mississippi state line, about 180 "ish" miles from the "coast".

Moving to E. Baton Parish, in Jefferson Place - Bocage, if you are familiar with the area

As for the "no winter", there is a lot more mild weather than most think, as you get farther south it is a little different

Taxes are reasonable, my retirement is state income tax exempt. Lots of family and we will never miss the Tigers playing in DV again!

Stay off my fish Doug!

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. [Re: John175☮] #15055997 04/24/24 09:59 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by John175☮

Stay off my fish Doug!

they are all in the Boyz d Ark

#MFGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide