Page 1 of 2 1 2
question about windshield toll tag stickers #15043585 04/11/24 03:53 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
I had my NTTA toll tag sticker last peeled off and put back from the guy who replaced my broken windshield on my truck. No problem.

I don't have time to get a new toll tag so I have a need to take it off that truck now and put it temporally on my brothers truck tomorrow morning for a whirlwind day of 3 different pickups of a boat, a motor, and a stick stearing control.
The last leg is bypassing that mess of I35 to take the toll road around Austin from Georgetown to New Bronzvulls. (for the locals)

Then, I have to get it back off bubba's truck and fly with it from Midland to Dallas on Sunday morning to pickup a new to me truck that I bought in Ft. Worth.
I could very likely need it while in the Dallas area for a week in my new truck.

I thought of just putting it on a piece of clear plastic and then just taping that onto the various different windshields till I can get a new one.
Any ideas?

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Jon] #15043592 04/11/24 03:59 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Just keep NTTA up on the status of your vehicles. They do not need a toll tag if you give them your license plate numbers.

The last time I bought a new truck I immediately put the paper tag on my account. At first they didn't catch the first couple of tolls so I called them and they made it right.
I can't say much more because I don't use tolls much and my new tag came within a week or 10 days.

What you are attempting to do might work. I don't see why it wouldn't but it could be confusing to them if they can't match your tag to your license plate. It might help to call them and let them know what you are doing.

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Jon] #15043594 04/11/24 04:00 PM
P
PowerLizard Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
P
That's not gonna work. The tag's transmitter doesn't work after being pulled off a vehicle. When the tolltag can't be read, they use a picture of the license plate and bill the registered owner.

Order a tolltag for the other vehicles online. Even if you don't have the tag yet, they will take a picture of your license plate and then auto bill your account.

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: PowerLizard] #15043598 04/11/24 04:02 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Thanks PowerLizard. Saves me a whole lot of trouble. thumb

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Allison1] #15043618 04/11/24 04:20 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Allison1
Just keep NTTA up on the status of your vehicles. They do not need a toll tag if you give them your license plate numbers.

The last time I bought a new truck I immediately put the paper tag on my account. At first they didn't catch the first couple of tolls so I called them and they made it right.
I can't say much more because I don't use tolls much and my new tag came within a week or 10 days.

What you are attempting to do might work. I don't see why it wouldn't but it could be confusing to them if they can't match your tag to your license plate. It might help to call them and let them know what you are doing.

Thanks Allison, I'm going to scrap that idea. With the transfer of the new truck and trying to use it on a truck that's not even mine probably has a good chance of mucking things up and I sure do not want that to get all messed up. We'll just let the license plate readers do their thing and sort it out from there. Thank you!

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Allison1] #15043635 04/11/24 04:30 PM
G
gander Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Allison1

This is correct...

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Jon] #15043651 04/11/24 04:37 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Even if your brother doesn't have an account they will just send him a bill in the mail. He will just pay a higher rate for the tolls.

You do need to make sure you remove the tag and update your account if you are selling your truck though.

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Jon] #15043704 04/11/24 05:10 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Thanks Coff. I am going to sell my current truck and it is not only going to have the toll tag taken off but the license plates as well.
That procedure is now the ONLY way I'll sell one. I don't even want to think about all the aggrevation and hell that caused me in toll bills I wound up having to pay for a vehicle I had sold. Never ever again. It'll be a cold day in hell before I let myself have to go through that mess again.

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: PowerLizard] #15043714 04/11/24 05:18 PM
B
BassFever Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by PowerLizard
That's not gonna work. The tag's transmitter doesn't work after being pulled off a vehicle. When the tolltag can't be read, they use a picture of the license plate and bill the registered owner.

Order a tolltag for the other vehicles online. Even if you don't have the tag yet, they will take a picture of your license plate and then auto bill your account.

Mine works just fine. Took it off a truck and just taped it to another, working fine.

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: BassFever] #15043722 04/11/24 05:29 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by BassFever

Mine works just fine. Took it off a truck and just taped it to another, working fine.

Well That's interesting, because I sure thought mine was still working after being peeled and stuck back on the new windshield. I'm not even sure the part that has the transmitter is even sticky. But, given all the hell I've rememberd now that I went through before involving license plates and toll tags, I think I'll just get a new one. Thanks though.

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Jon] #15043755 04/11/24 05:56 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
Originally Posted by Jon
Originally Posted by BassFever

Well That's interesting, because I sure thought mine was still working after being peeled and stuck back on the new windshield. I'm not even sure the part that has the transmitter is even sticky. But, given all the hell I've rememberd now that I went through before involving license plates and toll tags, I think I'll just get a new one. Thanks though.

You can’t drive down the toll road for verification that it’s working after being reapplied.

The way you tell it’s not working is to try to enter the airport through the toll tag lane.

That’s how I found out.

banana

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Jon] #15043758 04/11/24 06:02 PM
Brian Spagnola Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
EFF it, just take your plates off. Works for Nissan Altima's and Gran Marq's all over Dallas

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Brian Spagnola] #15043769 04/11/24 06:16 PM
David Welcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola
EFF it, just take your plates off. Works for Nissan Altima's and Gran Marq's all over Dallas

works for my cars as well

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Brian Spagnola] #15043810 04/11/24 07:00 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C

Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola

Pat can show you how to make a DIY paper tag.

Re: question about windshield toll tag stickers [Re: Jon] #15043828 04/11/24 07:21 PM
J
Jon Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
J
Guys, I'm like Linus - that little rain cloud follows me around and no one else gets wet but I sure seem to. LOL.
I'm not knowlingly gonna set myself up for problems even though tons of people get by with it every day.

COFF,
roflmao at Pat's DIY paper tag

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide