WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by B.K.S.
Originally Posted by WAWI
What about fishing styles? I’m used to rocks and dead salt cedars. Looks like more grass, stumps and brush piles out east. Thanks for the replies!

Just move back to Breckenridge and I'll throw someone off deer lease and put you back on lol.

That’s a pretty enticing offer right there!

I'll sell you your blind back, I'll throw in the resident owl for free......

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: B.K.S.] #15042039 04/10/24 01:56 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
If you are going to East Tx you have to fish LOP and Caddo

Sand and mud bottoms, some grass, hardwoods, a lot of lakes within 2 hours of each other. There are so many smaller lakes that fish decent as well, it seems just about every direction you turn there is a smaller lake.

East Tx is also a lot prettier

#MFGA
Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: B.K.S.] #15042049 04/10/24 02:10 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
If I had my way Cedar Creek would be the farthest west I would fish.

Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: WAWI] #15042077 04/10/24 02:59 AM
B
B.K.S. Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
B
What about fishing styles? I’m used to rocks and dead salt cedars. Looks like more grass, stumps and brush piles out east. Thanks for the replies!

Just move back to Breckenridge and I'll throw someone off deer lease and put you back on lol.

That’s a pretty enticing offer right there!

I'll sell you your blind back, I'll throw in the resident owl for free......

That's funny you said that, we were talking about that tonight and my girl said she "didn't want to see that owl again"! LOL

B.K.S.

Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: Mark Perry] #15042166 04/10/24 11:11 AM
TBassYates Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
If I had my way Cedar Creek would be the farthest west I would fish.

I hear what you're saying Mark but for myself I do add Richland Chambers that's just a little West of Cedar Creek.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: J.H.S.] #15042237 04/10/24 12:46 PM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Originally Posted by Harleydude
Humidity. My folks had a place at Cypress Springs and once I moved back to west Texas the first thing that got me when we went there was the humidity when it starts to warm up. If you live there you acclimate but going back and forth can take some time.

Trees….lots of trees that can and will block the wind and give you places to get out of it in some lakes. Just don’t misjudge how windy the day may get or you could be in for a surprise when you get to the main lake.

Water clarity won’t be Amistad or PK clear. 3-4 feet max from what I remember and that was when lakes like Fork had lots of grass. 2-3 was great.

Diversity of aquatic vegetation is better out east.

Get lane chips for navigation for the lakes they are available on.

What lakes have boat chips available? Looks like we are moving to Tyler so I plan on fishing all those lakes out there.

You are in a great spot. A person could spend a lifetime learning the lakes within a 30-50 mile radius of Tyler and never get bored.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: J.H.S.] #15042302 04/10/24 01:40 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Humidity. My folks had a place at Cypress Springs and once I moved back to west Texas the first thing that got me when we went there was the humidity when it starts to warm up. If you live there you acclimate but going back and forth can take some time.

Trees….lots of trees that can and will block the wind and give you places to get out of it in some lakes. Just don’t misjudge how windy the day may get or you could be in for a surprise when you get to the main lake.

Water clarity won’t be Amistad or PK clear. 3-4 feet max from what I remember and that was when lakes like Fork had lots of grass. 2-3 was great.

What lakes have boat chips available? Looks like we are moving to Tyler so I plan on fishing all those lakes out there.

Check here.
https://www.tommayneguidelanes.com/

Lance Vick has Fork, Rayburn and Toledo covered.

Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: Mark Perry] #15042366 04/10/24 02:35 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Check here.

Lance has LOP as well.

Last edited by Caymas Cx 21; 04/10/24 02:36 PM.
Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #15042379 04/10/24 02:51 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

Check here.

Lance has LOP as well.

I haven't been on Lance's site in a bit. He has some new additions.

https://www.boatlanes.com/

Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: H2O Seeker] #15042426 04/10/24 03:37 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

You are in a great spot. A person could spend a lifetime learning the lakes within a 30-50 mile radius of Tyler and never get bored.

Ya we are pretty excited. Better opportunity job wise, more fishing opportunities, and just overall prettier. Been talking about joining the East Texas citizens for a few years now, but looks like we are finally going to be able to make it a reality. Love that part of the state.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: B.K.S.] #15042459 04/10/24 03:59 PM
W
westxbass82 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
I’d say west Texas lakes have lots of rock. Big, chunky rock.
I don’t fish east Texas lakes much, but I fish Fork 1-2x/year and I rarely see rocks except for the bridge rip rap.
Ivie, Thomas, Henry—rocks, rocks, rocks—here, there, everywhere.

Last edited by westxbass82; 04/10/24 04:04 PM.
Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: J.H.S.] #15042467 04/10/24 04:13 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by H2O Seeker

Ya we are pretty excited. Better opportunity job wise, more fishing opportunities, and just overall prettier. Been talking about joining the East Texas citizens for a few years now, but looks like we are finally going to be able to make it a reality. Love that part of the state.

You'll love it and it's a great place to raise a family as well as the fishing is really good.

#MFGA
Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: B.K.S.] #15042601 04/10/24 06:25 PM
H
Harleydude Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
H
The Mexican food sucks out east though.

Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: Harleydude] #15042610 04/10/24 06:28 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
The Mexican food sucks out east though.

You’re like the 5th person to tell us that. That’s okay though, the Cajun food out this way sucks so hopefully it’s a trade off.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Fishing East Texas [Re: tmd11111] #15042612 04/10/24 06:29 PM
B
B.K.S. Online Content OP
Pro Angler
OP Online Content
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Thanks for the all the replies guys! I guess the old dog will learn a few new tricks and dust off some old ones. West Texas can be a lot of fun when it rains and when it doesn’t you change a little and still have fun. Unfortunately our lakes just can’t handle the pressure some of our smaller ones are getting at the moment. And even Ivie is getting smaller every day.

Man if you guys move who am I going to donate my entry fees to

I'll make sure you have my Venmo! cool

B.K.S.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide