Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Farrside] #15027680 03/26/24 12:42 PM
F
fishnfireman Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
cowboy fish

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: grout-scout] #15027759 03/26/24 01:55 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Wow ol' Randy sure has some peoples whitey tighties in a bunch... For everyone trying to discredit Randy they sure love to bring him into every conversation as the devil... Take a break and actually go fishing the way you want to fish... FFS, have at it... yellow spinnerbait beating the bank, have at it... cane pole and crickets, go for it... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Dan21XRS] #15027763 03/26/24 01:56 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS

Wow ol' Randy sure has some peoples whitey tighties in a bunch... For everyone trying to discredit Randy they sure love to bring him into every conversation as the devil... Take a break and actually go fishing the way you want to fish... FFS, have at it... yellow spinnerbait beating the bank, have at it... cane pole and crickets, go for it... Dan

That’s what everyone is trying to do but Randy says you can’t do that.

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Farrside] #15027873 03/26/24 03:50 PM
S
Strugglebus Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Is Randy your daddy? Then who cares what Randy says....

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Farrside] #15028038 03/26/24 06:33 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I am not going to get it. Don’t want to invest that much on something I won’t get to use very often.
As far as the pros I say go for it. These guys are spending between 30k and 50k for electronics. Zaldain interviewed the BASS guys on one of the stops on his YouTube channel. It’s obviously necessary to compete or they would not spend that kind of money on it.
They have 2 types of FFS based on the interviews I watched. They were referring to it as salt water and fresh water.
One has a longer range I think. They all had both.
I rarely agree with Mr Randy but some points are valid on this tech. One thing I would agree with him and Hank Parker on is the HS competition. That should be a level playing field as far as I am concerned.
If you like it, great. If you don’t, great. With the exception above I don’t care.

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: SAKS] #15028046 03/26/24 06:45 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by SAKS
I am not going to get it. Don’t want to invest that much on something I won’t get to use very often.
As far as the pros I say go for it. These guys are spending between 30k and 50k for electronics. Zaldain interviewed the BASS guys on one of the stops on his YouTube channel. It’s obviously necessary to compete or they would not spend that kind of money on it.
They have 2 types of FFS based on the interviews I watched. They were referring to it as salt water and fresh water.
I rarely agree with Mr Randy but some points are valid on this tech. One thing I would agree with him and Hank Parker on is the HS competition. That should be a level playing field as far as I am concerned.
If you like it, great. If you don’t, great. With the exception above I don’t care.

Nothing is level in HS competition. You’ve got a kid throwing a bass pro crankbait on a ugly stick with mono and another team with g loomis rod’s throwing 20 dollar baits, different mapping, etc.

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: grandbassslayer] #15028066 03/26/24 07:12 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

Nothing is level in HS competition. You’ve got a kid throwing a bass pro crankbait on a ugly stick with mono and another team with g loomis rod’s throwing 20 dollar baits, different mapping, etc.

Not the same comparison. I have caught just as many on Bass Pro and Academy baits as I have using megabass or any other high end brand. My Lowriders perform ever bit as well as my Cara's. There will never be a time where a flasher beats FFS.

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: SAKS] #15028075 03/26/24 07:16 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

Not the same comparison. I have caught just as many on Bass Pro and Academy baits as I have using megabass or any other high end brand. My Lowriders perform ever bit as well as my Cara's. There will never be a time where a flasher beats FFS.

It’s not a flasher, it’s 12” graphs with mega SI, 360 imaging, etc…..

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: SAKS] #15028084 03/26/24 07:21 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

When has anything in school regarding competion and sports been a level playing field.

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Farrside] #15028091 03/26/24 07:29 PM
S
Strugglebus Offline
Angler
Angler
S
As a High School coach for 14 years, I would say by definition HS sports have a level playing field. Both teams use the same league approved equipment, play on the same size field, etc. The talent is for sure not even, but the tools are. Yes, you can have more expensive helmets and pads, fancy gloves, etc, but the basic equipment is the same. One team does not get to use a NERF hoop and the other an NBA hoop.

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Strugglebus] #15028101 03/26/24 07:40 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Strugglebus
As a High School coach for 14 years, I would say by definition HS sports have a level playing field. Both teams use the same league approved equipment, play on the same size field, etc. The talent is for sure not even, but the tools are. Yes, you can have more expensive helmets and pads, fancy gloves, etc, but the basic equipment is the same. One team does not get to use a NERF hoop and the other an NBA hoop.

Correct the field is the same, the equipment the player hasn’t isn’t necessarily. They all fish in the same lake.

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Farrside] #15028130 03/26/24 08:19 PM
S
Strugglebus Offline
Angler
Angler
S
I can see where you are coming from, but a more expensive helmet doesn't make a kid a more effective player, it just keeps him better protected. I think FFS actually helps the more entitled kid play better. But then again, so does side imaging over down scan, down scan over 2d, 2d over,,,,,,,,,, I believe it is an unfair advantage for the rich kids all the way around. Better boats, rods, etc. But I dont see a solution. It is what it is. I know my 9 year old will be at a disadvantage when he gets to HS because he is small, but in football just like fishing, he will just have to work harder and find a way! Someone always has an advantage, whiners whine about it, I hope my kid rises above it.

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Strugglebus] #15028140 03/26/24 08:32 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Is Randy your daddy? Then who cares what Randy says....

flehan... Exactly.... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Strugglebus] #15028208 03/26/24 09:32 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

That's a very limited look at things. First off you have sports like golf, tennis and some others where the kid provides the equipment and it's not the same. Then you have parents that have kids getting private coaching and camps, it's not the same. In high school fishing you have boats with ultrex and GPS and you have granpa with his 25 year old boat that may are may not start. You have kids with captains that know what they are doing and kids with a captain that has never been to a lake and spends all his time catfishing

Re: FFS yes or no? [Re: Farrside] #15028414 03/27/24 01:07 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
And in HS, plenty of the kids go out with guides to learn spots and techniques. Life isn’t fair, quit whining about FFS and try harder. Losers whine, winners try harder. I’ve never seen so many people beat, just by looking at other people’s graphs, half of these people can’t even work them properly; but yet the whiners are convinced they will automatically lose.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide