Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14988709 02/14/24 05:18 PM
S
Strugglebus Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Hate to say it, but there was a lot of truth there.....

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14988762 02/14/24 06:01 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
bs I don’t know the young man and never will. If he had started a new post with that pic, guys would have lost their “s**t”. Look at all the crying from the SAL post the other day. “You’re ruining our lake”, would have been screamed at the guy.

As far as the “keeping fish for a glory shot”, haven’t we all done it at some point? Would most of us older guys do it now? No. Do we keep fish in a tournament? Yes, not a whole lot of difference in the two, to be honest. Besides if the youngster is a guide, it’s great advertising for his guide page, FB or Instagram.

If you aren’t liked on the forum, there is a reason why and it’s because you’re an Ahole. Believe me, plenty don’t like me for saying stuff. Some guys are always respectful and they are liked by all. Has anyone ever not like Banker Always Fishing? No, because the man is always positive in his writing. If you want to be liked, DO BETTER, BE BETTER!

Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: grout-scout] #14988800 02/14/24 06:30 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by grout-scout
bs I don’t know the young man and never will. If he had started a new post with that pic, guys would have lost their “s**t”. Look at all the crying from the SAL post the other day. “You’re ruining our lake”, would have been screamed at the guy.

As far as the “keeping fish for a glory shot”, haven’t we all done it at some point? Would most of us older guys do it now? No. Do we keep fish in a tournament? Yes, not a whole lot of difference in the two, to be honest. Besides if the youngster is a guide, it’s great advertising for his guide page, FB or Instagram.

If you aren’t liked on the forum, there is a reason why and it’s because you’re an Ahole. Believe me, plenty don’t like me for saying stuff. Some guys are always respectful and they are liked by all. Has anyone ever not like Banker Always Fishing? No, because the man is always positive in his writing. If you want to be liked, DO BETTER, BE BETTER!

Grout, it’s always a pleasure.

1. If he wanted to share his catch, why not start another thread to get ALL the attention of his success?

2. Most of us HAVE taken glory shots, we no longer do because we LEARNED not to.

3. There is a difference between boxing a limit for a tournament vs for fun. We’ve also LEARNED that.

4. A lot of guides don’t fish tournaments, you won’t find hardly any with multi fish photos, it isn’t good for social media, again because outside of tournaments it isn’t best practice, we LEARNED.

I don’t think people are disliked because they’re rude, they're like you, calling it as you see it. It’s opinion I like reading your opinions grout, and disputing it if it’s different than mine.

When can you show me around on your local waters?

cheers

Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14988840 02/14/24 07:02 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
You wouldn’t want to waste the time now, guys can hardly catch 3 fish right now. Sure hope it changes with the warmer weather, but it’s not looking good. Need one of those rain gods in Mexico to wake up.

Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14988852 02/14/24 07:15 PM
203 CHAMP Online Crying
Extreme Angler
Online Crying
Extreme Angler
popcorn2

Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: grout-scout] #14988854 02/14/24 07:15 PM
S
Strugglebus Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Im pretty sure the Rain Gods (at Amistad at least) are dry.... lol

Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14988913 02/14/24 08:01 PM
triton37 Offline
Angler
Angler
The big problem is it is Socaltoms fault for all this, he posted the pic for congrats. Thanks

Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14989785 02/15/24 04:56 PM
bsouth401 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
SoCal Tom,
Please, accept our apologies for hijacking your post. A sincere congratulations to Tim Clark for that beautiful fish caught in their tournament. Awesome!
I appreciate the kind and considerate responses related to Pake’s and Hayden’s pictures. I feel the need to respond to the following though. After this I’m done! I don’t have the time nor the desire to answer, argue are wrestle with pigs in the mud.

The Minesota Ice Hole that hides behind a screen name says:
“Let’s be real Brian, it was a one upper. Son Pake should have said he fished a tournament and that was his bag, if that’s what it was, on his own thread. Now it looks like he’s caught up in trying to defend why he has all of those fish when his tournament was cancelled. If he wants a fish fry with DD bass, cool, just say that, ya know?”
Brian’s Response:
It was not his intent to be a one upper. That is REAL, and you can take it or leave it. You can take your “if” and shove it in your Minesota ice hole. I agree with you that Pake should have been clearer on the fact that after the Victory tournament was cancelled the he and others decided to have an impromptu tournament after the storm cleared. He did win by the way and it was enough to cover all the expenses for the day.

“Why not start a new thread and have ALL the attention? it could have read “Massive Lake Palestine Bag - 39 Pounds”

It’s not too late.”
Brian’s Response:
I don’t believe he owes you any explanation or should take any advice from you. My opinion.

“I would definitely question why 5 fish are being kept for a photo shoot, but hey, it was for a “tournament” now, dad came around to include that part. Congrats Pake, hope you were able to win your tournament.”
Brian’s Response:
Please don’t question my integrity and as I stated earlier it was enough to cover his expenses for the day. Thanks for insincere congrats.

I have several friends who are very talented fishing guides
Brian’s Response:
I really question that you have any friends. Acquaintances maybe.

Did you notice all the “kindly written” inquiries as to why they took a 5 fish photo went completely ignored?
Brian’s Response:
It was addressed, You simply decided to not believe the explanation. Am I missing something? I possibly could have as I don’t spend every waking moment on the TFF like you.

Did you notice how much defense and justification there was after I said something like “a lot of livewell time for a glory shot”?
Brian’s Response:
That statement contradicts your previous statement “Did you notice all the “kindly written” inquiries as to why they took a 5 fish photo went completely ignored?” I really don’t like how you characterize my answers as a “defense and justification”. You’re free to accept my statement or not. Your call

You and many others on here are operating under a lot of assumptions. I live in central MN, I’m not from central MN.
Brian’s Response:
nfhbass
Pro Angler
N
Central Minnesota
Can we assume you’re lying about your stated location?

I’ll let you know next time I’m in TX, maybe we can go fish Pinkston together, bring Brian along. Interested?
Brian’s Response:
Like I would be interested in a hemorrhoid.

Sincerely,

Brian South

Brian, Pake and Porter South
www.dobynsrods.com
www.santonelures.com
Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14989801 02/15/24 05:30 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Great post Brian. Those of us that have been on here for years can remember pics of Pake as a little guy holding up some BIG fish that he caught growing up with you. I've never met either of you but when I see something about Pake, I take the time to read it. You raised a great young man and an amazing fishermen. I can't wait to see what he does in the coming years. Hopefully this little experience teaches him to ignore the negative and focus on the good things. Hopefully he just shrugs this off like he would if he lost a big'n in a tournament. I also hope this doesn't discourage him from sharing his great moments on the lake with us. It's been fun watching him grow through this site and I encourage him to continue sharing his experiences.

Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14989821 02/15/24 06:06 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Brian don't let the minesota ice hole get to you. We seem to get a new one every year but they typically don't last long.

[Linked Image]
Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: triton37] #14989880 02/15/24 07:10 PM
S
SoCal Tom Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by triton37
The big problem is it is Socaltoms fault for all this, he posted the pic for congrats. Thanks

My sincere apologies for starting this absolute mess. I'll never try and congratulate one of our guys ever again... roflmao I wish I could get this kind of traction for our Fish For A Cure posts (which is Sunday October 27th this year by the way...)

Last edited by SoCal Tom; 02/15/24 07:11 PM.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14989882 02/15/24 07:13 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
roflmao
popcorn

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14989918 02/15/24 07:51 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
Originally Posted by triton37

My sincere apologies for starting this absolute mess. I'll never try and congratulate one of our guys ever again... roflmao I wish I could get this kind of traction for our Fish For A Cure posts (which is Sunday October 27th this year by the way...)

Follow Randy's advice. If you want traction in a thread, use the following terms and phrases in the title

Live scope cheaters
Secret Controversy
Never make this Mistake

[Linked Image]
Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: bsouth401] #14990076 02/15/24 11:58 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by bsouth401
SoCal Tom,
Please, accept our apologies for hijacking your post. A sincere congratulations to Tim Clark for that beautiful fish caught in their tournament. Awesome!
I appreciate the kind and considerate responses related to Pake’s and Hayden’s pictures. I feel the need to respond to the following though. After this I’m done! I don’t have the time nor the desire to answer, argue are wrestle with pigs in the mud.

“Let’s be real Brian, it was a one upper. Son Pake should have said he fished a tournament and that was his bag, if that’s what it was, on his own thread. Now it looks like he’s caught up in trying to defend why he has all of those fish when his tournament was cancelled. If he wants a fish fry with DD bass, cool, just say that, ya know?”
Brian’s Response:
It was not his intent to be a one upper. That is REAL, and you can take it or leave it. You can take your “if” and shove it in your Minesota ice hole. I agree with you that Pake should have been clearer on the fact that after the Victory tournament was cancelled the he and others decided to have an impromptu tournament after the storm cleared. He did win by the way and it was enough to cover all the expenses for the day.

“Why not start a new thread and have ALL the attention? it could have read “Massive Lake Palestine Bag - 39 Pounds”

It’s not too late.”
Brian’s Response:
I don’t believe he owes you any explanation or should take any advice from you. My opinion.

“I would definitely question why 5 fish are being kept for a photo shoot, but hey, it was for a “tournament” now, dad came around to include that part. Congrats Pake, hope you were able to win your tournament.”
Brian’s Response:
Please don’t question my integrity and as I stated earlier it was enough to cover his expenses for the day. Thanks for insincere congrats.

I have several friends who are very talented fishing guides
Brian’s Response:
I really question that you have any friends. Acquaintances maybe.

Did you notice all the “kindly written” inquiries as to why they took a 5 fish photo went completely ignored?
Brian’s Response:
It was addressed, You simply decided to not believe the explanation. Am I missing something? I possibly could have as I don’t spend every waking moment on the TFF like you.

Did you notice how much defense and justification there was after I said something like “a lot of livewell time for a glory shot”?
Brian’s Response:
That statement contradicts your previous statement “Did you notice all the “kindly written” inquiries as to why they took a 5 fish photo went completely ignored?” I really don’t like how you characterize my answers as a “defense and justification”. You’re free to accept my statement or not. Your call

You and many others on here are operating under a lot of assumptions. I live in central MN, I’m not from central MN.
Brian’s Response:
nfhbass
Pro Angler
N
Central Minnesota
Can we assume you’re lying about your stated location?

I’ll let you know next time I’m in TX, maybe we can go fish Pinkston together, bring Brian along. Interested?
Brian’s Response:
Like I would be interested in a hemorrhoid.

Sincerely,

Brian South

Classic “don’t attack me, I wont respond, but watch while I attack you” response, complete with poorly written and uncompelling content. Do yourself a favor and take the high road.

I wasn’t directing my message to you.

To use your own words, I don’t have a desire to wrestle with a pig.

Re: 11.32 from Lake Palestine! [Re: SoCal Tom] #14990083 02/16/24 12:10 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Can we vote on having this guy perma-banned?

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide