Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video #14988664 02/14/24 04:37 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L
He may need to see a therapist about the distress Garmin, Lowrance and Humminbird are causing him

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14988718 02/14/24 05:22 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
He has definitely found his niche in the industry.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14988732 02/14/24 05:30 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
He is passionate about getting clicks.

[Linked Image]
Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: CCTX] #14988739 02/14/24 05:34 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by CCTX
He is passionate about getting clicks.

I think he actually believes what he is saying though. At first I thought it was for clicks- but the guy is very passionate about his opinions- and the YouTube comments- about half of them are as nutty as Randy is, he is like a Demi-god to the yells at the cloud crowd.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14988740 02/14/24 05:37 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
I'm not sure where the "epic rant" was in this video.

The more Uncle Randy talks about FFS, the more it sounds like he's just butthurt that the olds can no longer gatekeep bass fishing success. He keeps saying people who use FFS are "degrading" the "mystery of bass fishing from the therapeutic point of view." I think this man has completely lost his marbles.

I dislike FFS and don't plan on owning it. It's one of the reasons I ended up not pursuing more local tournaments since it feels like it's almost a requirement if you want to actually compete.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14988752 02/14/24 05:51 PM
C
Cuervo Jones Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Guys like him griped about flashers, paper graphs, and lcd units when they came out too.
Just part of the generational turnover.

“Slide”
Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: wabash2015] #14988757 02/14/24 05:54 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by wabash2015

The more Uncle Randy talks about FFS, the more it sounds like he's just butthurt that the olds can no longer gatekeep bass fishing success. He keeps saying people who use FFS are "degrading" the "mystery of bass fishing from the therapeutic point of view." I think this man has completely lost his marbles.

I dislike FFS and don't plan on owning it. It's one of the reasons I ended up not pursuing more local tournaments since it feels like it's almost a requirement if you want to actually compete.

If you know your local water well, I don’t think FFS is as much of a “must have” there are still plenty of fish to be had on all your regular spots. You should consider fishing your local waters without. Heck, most people with FFS self admit they don’t know how to use it anyway.

I don’t tune into Randy, and only recently learned of him, that said, it’s commendable that he has stood his ground and “fought” for what he thinks is right.

I’ve listened to both sides of the argument around FFS. At the end of the day, I respect the skills of those that have had success without FFS.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: nfhbass] #14988760 02/14/24 05:57 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted by nfhbass

If you know your local water well, I don’t think FFS is as much of a “must have” there are still plenty of fish to be had on all your regular spots. You should consider fishing your local waters without. Heck, most people with FFS self admit they don’t know how to use it anyway.

I don’t tune into Randy, and only recently learned of him, that said, it’s commendable that he has stood his ground and “fought” for what he thinks is right.

I’ve listened to both sides of the argument around FFS. At the end of the day, I respect the skills of those that have had success without FFS.

I'm newer to the area, so I don't know the waters nearly as well as people who have grown up fishing here. I think FFS gives a clear advantage to all anglers, especially those fishing offshore. Seems like most tournaments (minus those during the spawn) are won offshore using FFS.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14988778 02/14/24 06:11 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
What happens first? Randy dies from a broken heart or FFS gets banned?

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: grout-scout] #14988779 02/14/24 06:13 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by grout-scout
What happens first? Randy dies from a broken heart or FFS gets banned?

Does anyone actually care. I’ll never watch that fear mongers videos

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: nfhbass] #14988783 02/14/24 06:15 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

That’s where the argument with Randy falls short- he has been on a multi year drought, rarely ever did he cash a check in a tournament in the last 10 years before FFS existed, but he wants to act like it’s hurting those that don’t use it.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14988807 02/14/24 06:36 PM
L
LeonSulak Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
Reminds me of another industry that has heels and faces for clicks and popularity. He is playing the role of a heel.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: grandbassslayer] #14988817 02/14/24 06:43 PM
N
nfhbass Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

That’s where the argument with Randy falls short- he has been on a multi year drought, rarely ever did he cash a check in a tournament in the last 10 years before FFS existed, but he wants to act like it’s hurting those that don’t use it.

That’s fair. But I think he’s also convinced many people they can’t be successful without FFS. Many FFS masters say one benefit of FFS is it levels the playing field between a local and a guest at a tournament.

There are still plenty of hard sports, ledges, humps, better than average brush piles, not obvious stuff, etc that take time to find. If you’re a local and have learned your lake, you can compete with those running FFS. If you choose not to, that’s one thing, but I don’t think locals should be deterred from fishing local water without.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14988861 02/14/24 07:25 PM
F
FishOrGolf Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
FFS has changed fishing greatly in my opinion.

Had it on my old Ranger and negotiated a sale price with it included

I havent replaced it and now wont fish in local tournaments as it is absolutely required to compete.

Great product for crappie fishermen, but I agree with moat of what Randy says.

Re: I think Randy almost broke down in his latest video [Re: FishOrGolf] #14988882 02/14/24 07:45 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by KCSurprise
FFS has changed fishing greatly in my opinion.

Had it on my old Ranger and negotiated a sale price with it included

I havent replaced it and now wont fish in local tournaments as it is absolutely required to compete.

Great product for crappie fishermen, but I agree with moat of what Randy says.

Have weights significantly increased? Unless I’m mistaken they have not, I don’t see why it’s “required to compete.”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide