Forums59
Topics1,039,369
Posts13,963,463
Members144,202
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 149 of 152 1 2 147 148 149 150 151 152
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14927185 12/13/23 10:15 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Nathan Bass
The point being, that Garner is probably one of the States most loved parks. Most people that grew up in Texas spent time there as a child with family or Boy scouts etc....People like myself, consider Garner and a few other places in Texas as sacred ground. I'm not talking about in an environmental wacko tree huger sense....I'm talking about being a proud (native) Texan. It appears to me, that because Fairfield was lessor known, or because of the [censored] lease situation, many want to discount it's worth as a place to escape. My point was thank god Garner was set aside long ago by a generation of people that were way smarter than we obviously are now.......By the way the State also pays no property tax on Garner, so maybe the local commissioners can get together and figure out how to kick them out of that County as well......FYI that last sentence was another example of my sarcasm.

Its all regional, everyone I know, knows Fairfield SP, no one know about Garner and I wouldnt either if it were not for the TPWD draw hunts held there.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: 4Weight] #14927293 12/14/23 12:24 AM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 4Weight
Why so condescending Allison with the Pretty girl comment. You guys disagree but you have to put your stamp on it with a comment like that. Maybe that is why many on this board tire of your viewpoints and your high and mighty BS. I know I certainly do.

Nathan has been active in the process and expresses many valid points. If you disagree fine but comments like that make it hard to take anything you say seriously.

I deleted the picture he posted when he replied to me to save space. Its on the page where he originally made his comment. Its a pretty cheerleader with pom poms. I mentioned that she was pretty when I responded to him. Here is a link to the picture or go back a few pages and look at it. https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/userpics/2023/12/full-111247-207300-img_7562.png
He is the one who made a condescending comment by asking me to put down the Todd pom poms. Why gripe at me when it was him that did that? Even if you didn't see the pics he made the comment. You must have overlooked it.

OR,
Go back a page or two when he started his post with:
Man Allison, you and Todd need to get a room....You have a tremendous "Fanboy" crush on him. If you don't work directly for him, or you are not one of his sons....you need to be.

I let these type posts go because its just what he does but now you're attacking me when I did not say anything insulting to him?

Nathan is just not going to like Todd. I'm sticking with his reason being that he is upset that the park is gone.
All the other stuff is obviously made up if you look through all the texts and messaging they sent back and forth.
For the last time, at every step of the process the state could have had the park, lake and the rest of the property or what they wanted if they had just tried. When Burke tried to contact Aplin in the last couple days before the property closed there was no communication coming from him. Just to him.
There is absolutely no evidence that there was any underhanded deal going on that I could see nor has Nathan showed why he believes that.

After closing Todd had gotten funding so consider that he has backers that had to be paid. He couldn't make a deal after that for anything close to what he could have done before closing.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: SC-001] #14927528 12/14/23 05:17 AM
Nathan Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by SC-001
The point being, that Garner is probably one of the States most loved parks. Most people that grew up in Texas spent time there as a child with family or Boy scouts etc....People like myself, consider Garner and a few other places in Texas as sacred ground. I'm not talking about in an environmental wacko tree huger sense....I'm talking about being a proud (native) Texan. It appears to me, that because Fairfield was lessor known, or because of the [censored] lease situation, many want to discount it's worth as a place to escape. My point was thank god Garner was set aside long ago by a generation of people that were way smarter than we obviously are now.......By the way the State also pays no property tax on Garner, so maybe the local commissioners can get together and figure out how to kick them out of that County as well......FYI that last sentence was another example of my sarcasm.

Its all regional, everyone I know, knows Fairfield SP, no one know about Garner and I wouldnt either if it were not for the TPWD draw hunts held there.

Man I'm shocked with your comment that people don't know about Garner. I just assumed everyone in Texas did. What about Lost Maples? or Enchanted rock?

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14927892 12/14/23 05:57 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SC-001

Man I'm shocked with your comment that people don't know about Garner. I just assumed everyone in Texas did. What about Lost Maples? or Enchanted rock?

I'd bet that less than 50% of Texans have ever been to a state park.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14927983 12/14/23 07:32 PM
Nathan Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I guess I’m officially an old grumpy dinosaur. I have spent years exploring as much of Texas and American as possible, maybe it’s a generational thing, or because most all that was before the internet and smartphones?

Allison….We are going to need a new subject to razz each other about, since this Fairfield deal is dead.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14927989 12/14/23 07:39 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
I guess I’m officially an old grumpy dinosaur. I have spent years exploring as much of Texas and American as possible, maybe it’s a generational thing, or because most all that was before the internet and smartphones?

Allison….We are going to need a new subject to razz each other about, since this Fairfield deal is dead.

Surprised Allison hasn't jumped into the Fork Spraying thread to talk about what a great job TPWD is doing annihilating aquatic vegetation in Texas lakes. Ya'll could jump in there and start duking it out.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14928010 12/14/23 08:08 PM
ssmith Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
the fairfield deal is settled fact.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: wabash2015] #14928158 12/14/23 10:59 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by wabash2015

Surprised Allison hasn't jumped into the Fork Spraying thread to talk about what a great job TPWD is doing annihilating aquatic vegetation in Texas lakes. Ya'll could jump in there and start duking it out.

They are doing a good job it appears. Nobody should like Salvinia.

Hopefully TPWD has learned a lesson and will go forward being more aggressive in protecting parks.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14928169 12/14/23 11:17 PM
Billy Blazer 300 HPDI Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Can somebody give me the short version of the outcome of this deal.

Thanks, Billy
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14928170 12/14/23 11:22 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

[Linked Image]

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14928175 12/14/23 11:30 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
so who won?

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14928176 12/14/23 11:31 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S

It went up for sale…someone bought it…state pretended to care about its people….state went through the motions to appease the people, while never really planning on taking the land. A few locals raised the “BS” flag like a fat girl at Poncho’s. End the end…it went to the rightful buyer and he’s been letting his employees fish it.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King] #14928187 12/14/23 11:45 PM
S
Scoundrel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King
so who won?

Malakoff! banana

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14928208 12/15/23 12:22 AM
Nathan Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

It went up for sale…someone bought it…state pretended to care about its people….state went through the motions to appease the people, while never really planning on taking the land. A few locals raised the “BS” flag like a fat girl at Poncho’s. End the end…it went to the rightful buyer and he’s been letting his employees fish it.

Come on Steez....That's just too direct.....You know I haven't completed my 12 step Lake Fairfield anonymous program yet....lol

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14928286 12/15/23 01:54 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
de

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 149 of 152 1 2 147 148 149 150 151 152
Previous Thread