Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Texoma [Re: Happykamper] #14864427 10/12/23 09:21 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I THOUGHT I could make it across the lake today. It didn’t look bad….it was. I got wet. My buddy that normally fishes with me fell in the lake today. Then his partner fell in right after he did. They called it a day earlier than most. Haha.

I launched and loaded three times today. I burned way more gas in the truck than the boat.

I had a crackhead try to get in my truck. He flagged me down standing in the middle of the street. He said “I need in your truck” I said “no”. He said “ I really really need in your truck”‘I said “no” he said “ I’m gonna get in your truck”, I grabbed my gun out of the console and said “not today”. Then I almost ran him over with the trailer. …this was in broad daylight up the street from the house.

Love me some excitement.

BassChamps said it was gonna be a trailering event. Thank god.
Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
This is how ya do it! I may not catch a fish, but I’m winning on the pool table.
[Linked Image]

Who all’s coming? Bring a bunji cord to hold your hat on…it’s windy!!

That is a cool looking place, where abouts is it, near the lake ? Just spoke to a buddy of mine that is up there, he said it was gala, good luck to all you guys fishing, be safe !

It’s about 4 miles from Alberta Creek.
[Linked Image]

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Texoma [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14864436 10/12/23 09:26 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
20-30 gets the waves breaking on the rocks like the ocean...

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Texoma [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14867246 10/15/23 10:22 PM
B
bobcat4118 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I THOUGHT I could make it across the lake today. It didn’t look bad….it was. I got wet. My buddy that normally fishes with me fell in the lake today. Then his partner fell in right after he did. They called it a day earlier than most. Haha.

I launched and loaded three times today. I burned way more gas in the truck than the boat.

I had a crackhead try to get in my truck. He flagged me down standing in the middle of the street. He said “I need in your truck” I said “no”. He said “ I really really need in your truck”‘I said “no” he said “ I’m gonna get in your truck”, I grabbed my gun out of the console and said “not today”. Then I almost ran him over with the trailer. …this was in broad daylight up the street from the house.

Love me some excitement.

This is how ya do it! I may not catch a fish, but I’m winning on the pool table.
[Linked Image]

That is a cool looking place, where abouts is it, near the lake ? Just spoke to a buddy of mine that is up there, he said it was gala, good luck to all you guys fishing, be safe !

[Linked Image]

Had a crackhead try and sale me some fancy stickers for my boat this weekend while following us down the bank!! It was over by Johnson creek 😂
As for bass champs tournament, we left for the house after Saturday because the largemouth bass were being gay and wouldn’t bite anything 👎👎

Re: Texoma [Re: bobcat4118] #14867286 10/15/23 10:52 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by bobcat4118

Love me some excitement.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Had a crackhead try and sale me some fancy stickers for my boat this weekend while following us down the bank!! It was over by Johnson creek 😂
As for bass champs tournament, we left for the house after Saturday because the largemouth bass were being gay and wouldn’t bite anything 👎👎

They didn’t get any better today….the wave got bigger too.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Texoma [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14867297 10/15/23 11:07 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
It was a windy sucker out there. But with the shape of the lake you could get around a little atleast. We were excited after Friday having 30+ bites. Yesterday 2 lol

Re: Texoma [Re: Jarrett Latta] #14867369 10/16/23 12:17 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
It was a windy sucker out there. But with the shape of the lake you could get around a little atleast. We were excited after Friday having 30+ bites. Yesterday 2 lol

The only way to get around the lake today was with a truck and trailer.

We put in at the dam today. What an eye opener that was! Gusts to over 35 from the north and fishing the Texas side makes for wild ride! Even in some of the best boats made these days, 5 foot rollers spaced 20 apart made for spearing a wave of two or forty. roflmao
Never felt unsafe…just a wild ride. The waves were big enough that a boat would disappear between waves. I totally sucked at finding the big fish. I caught 8-10 a day, weighed in two on Saturday. Knowing I needed 12+ pounds today to have a chance at a check, I let my fish go at 1pm, licked my wounds, tucked my tail and went home. I only caught one 3-1/2 pound keeper today. Caught 5 smallmouth and one Striper.

Hats off to the guys that battled it out on the dam and rip rap wall in Eisenhower. They had “balls of steel”.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Texoma [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14867906 10/16/23 02:57 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

We put in at the dam today. What an eye opener that was! Gusts to over 35 from the north and fishing the Texas side makes for wild ride! Even in some of the best boats made these days, 5 foot rollers spaced 20 apart made for spearing a wave of two or forty. roflmao
Never felt unsafe…just a wild ride. The waves were big enough that a boat would disappear between waves. I totally sucked at finding the big fish. I caught 8-10 a day, weighed in two on Saturday. Knowing I needed 12+ pounds today to have a chance at a check, I let my fish go at 1pm, licked my wounds, tucked my tail and went home. I only caught one 3-1/2 pound keeper today. Caught 5 smallmouth and one Striper.

Hats off to the guys that battled it out on the dam and rip rap wall in Eisenhower. They had “balls of steel”.

I would think that wall would be an absolute disaster in that wind.

Re: Texoma [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14868057 10/16/23 05:32 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J

Yup we decided to stay north so we could get around if needed and stuck it out too long with what they bit Friday. Didn't even fish yesterday. We were there for the boat. I'd like to go back in October again though. We just caught a front and if it was this weekend it'd be a different lake

Re: Texoma [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14868068 10/16/23 05:46 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The shotgun start at 6:15 in the dark was mayhem , left the comfort of the protected point into the fray. Boats going every which way 2 guys that clearly ignored the 100 yard proximity were a 1/4 mile out and cut across cove in front of others. A crazy man literally 10 feet to my left mashes the hot foot and cuts across my bow maybe 40 feet in front of me. I dodge left with the waves get airborne over rev and go into limp mode so I am idling in crashing waves soaked shut the motor off wait a few seconds start it up have throttle yahoo roar to the cove I am trying to get to wind crashing into it cant see S graphs laying over to side because the daggum ram mount laid over. I manage to get the spot I wanted, of course they didn't want the thursday practice baits but did figure out how to get bites. No keepers until noon , had two brutes in 2 casts then a 3rd I lost at the boat then ran out of what little talent I have and missed a few other nice size bites (as per live scope blobs) kept trying til 3 PM. Decided to turn em loose for another day and went home. About to head airport to go see our kid in the UK.

I know no check but what I learned about smallmouths was a win for me.

Congrats to all those that kept diggin and got paid , hats off to ya

Re: Texoma [Re: Tiltman] #14868100 10/16/23 06:25 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Tiltman
The shotgun start at 6:15 in the dark was mayhem , left the comfort of the protected point into the fray. Boats going every which way 2 guys that clearly ignored the 100 yard proximity were a 1/4 mile out and cut across cove in front of others. A crazy man literally 10 feet to my left mashes the hot foot and cuts across my bow maybe 40 feet in front of me. I dodge left with the waves get airborne over rev and go into limp mode so I am idling in crashing waves soaked shut the motor off wait a few seconds start it up have throttle yahoo roar to the cove I am trying to get to wind crashing into it cant see S graphs laying over to side because the daggum ram mount laid over. I manage to get the spot I wanted, of course they didn't want the thursday practice baits but did figure out how to get bites. No keepers until noon , had two brutes in 2 casts then a 3rd I lost at the boat then ran out of what little talent I have and missed a few other nice size bites (as per live scope blobs) kept trying til 3 PM. Decided to turn em loose for another day and went home. About to head airport to go see our kid in the UK.

Yeh. We launched from Caney Saturday. Got to the ramp at 6am. Saw a boat already idling up the cove with all the sail boats in it at 6am. I had the truck parked and in the boat at 6:14….then holy bell breaks loose. That wa the only time I was a little worried. We took off and immediately got sandwiched between a boat and a HUGE underwater rock. It was marked, but we had to go between the buoy and the point. I don’t know how we missed it.

I can say the Megabass Dark Sleepers we threw were the coolest bait I’ve ever used. They WORK! We only had 8 of them. Saturday night we were gluing them back together. Sunday we were going them together after every bite.

We caught our fish Saturday on the cliffs in front of Blake Sheltons house. We had two keepers and lost two keepers. Most of our fish were 13”. We heard that the bigger bags were coming from Eisenhower area and the dam. So Sunday, we launched at the spillway dam. It was too rough to fish and the only calm spot along the dam had a boat on it before we even got the boat launched.

I heard the camera boat was following a boat on the man made rip rap wall between the dam and Eisenhower. I didn’t see it, it was only what I was told.

Friday practice we caught decent fish on the cliffs and the dam. We chose the cliffs for the less windy fishing. It costs us I’m sure. Sunday was just brutal.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Texoma [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14868109 10/16/23 06:32 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak

Yeh. We launched from Caney Saturday. Got to the ramp at 6am. Saw a boat already idling up the cove with all the sail boats in it at 6am. I had the truck parked and in the boat at 6:14….then holy bell breaks loose. That wa the only time I was a little worried. We took off and immediately got sandwiched between a boat and a HUGE underwater rock. It was marked, but we had to go between the buoy and the point. I don’t know how we missed it.

I can say the Megabass Dark Sleepers we threw were the coolest bait I’ve ever used. They WORK! We only had 8 of them. Saturday night we were gluing them back together. Sunday we were going them together after every bite.

We caught our fish Saturday on the cliffs in front of Blake Sheltons house. We had two keepers and lost two keepers. Most of our fish were 13”. We heard that the bigger bags were coming from Eisenhower area and the dam. So Sunday, we launched at the spillway dam. It was too rough to fish and the only calm spot along the dam had a boat on it before we even got the boat launched.

I heard the camera boat was following a boat on the man made rip rap wall between the dam and Eisenhower. I didn’t see it, it was only what I was told.

Friday practice we caught decent fish on the cliffs and the dam. We chose the cliffs for the less windy fishing. It costs us I’m sure. Sunday was just brutal.

Dark Sleepers are pretty legit. We sell a bunch here in North Texas. cheers

Re: Texoma [Re: Mark Perry] #14868122 10/16/23 06:41 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Dark Sleepers are pretty legit. We sell a bunch here in North Texas. cheers

They are a very well designed bait. The tail paddles with the SLOWEST retrieve. They land on a rock in a very natural way. They don’t fall over. You can rip em in and they don’t twist. Awesome bait. Only downside is durability. The weight pulls through the nose on a hard hookset. Once that happens, it glue time.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Texoma [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14869069 10/17/23 02:03 PM
rkd Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
On the Dark Sleeper comments, what weight and colors work the best around the North Texas lakes? I've looked at them for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger. My wife enjoys throwing a single hook swimbait behind the boat. "Single hook" being the key. We fish mainly Lewisville, Grapevine, Roberts and occasionally Texoma. From reading Mark's prior posts about them, it seems they are better suited for rocks and docks?? (vs grass and timber)

Re: Texoma [Re: rkd] #14869245 10/17/23 04:04 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by rkd
On the Dark Sleeper comments, what weight and colors work the best around the North Texas lakes? I've looked at them for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger. My wife enjoys throwing a single hook swimbait behind the boat. "Single hook" being the key. We fish mainly Lewisville, Grapevine, Roberts and occasionally Texoma. From reading Mark's prior posts about them, it seems they are better suited for rocks and docks?? (vs grass and timber)

They work in grass and timber just as well. Shirauo is the color. It’s kinda like a sexy shad, but a little more translucent. Mimics a shad or ghost minnow pretty good.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide