Forums59
Topics1,039,954
Posts13,973,100
Members144,225
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 23 of 152 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 151 152
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #14751547 06/16/23 02:07 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by Nathan Bass
Sorry, I speak Native Texan. Let me try again, so you can relay it back to your boss at Todd. This whole mess is not the State abusing their power and will next be stealing the cars out of our driveways. This mess is a direct result of the Power Company wanting to make as much money as possible on the property and potential water rights. The power company has changed entities several times since striking the deal with the State years ago, so any deal made has long been forgotten. However the power company has and continues to get preferential treatment in the form of low property taxes from the County and it's citizens, of which I am one. The power company, should have made the state or even the county an offer even an idiot couldn't refuse or screw up. If they had, this Todd goofball would have never jumped into the middle of what should have never been an open market sale. But hey it's all about maximizing corporate profits, which is totally fine. You scratch my back for 50 years and I might catch you next week or give you an IOU. So in all honesty, Todd sees a potential property listed with a tax payer built existing infrastructure, makes an offer and then goes about marketing a future development as basically an exclusive or private State Park for blue bloods. When the State wakes up and realizes they fell asleep at the wheel, they say to Todd, hey we screwed up in 25 million ways. Todd says no, no, nanny nanny, boo boo, finders keepers losers weepers. So the state which is always in charge, is basically having to use an ugly paddle to spank his initialed arse. Like or not, end of discussion.......Mic drop.

You keep speaking of this "deal" and how it has been "forgotten". WHAT DEAL??? If it's not on paper then it wasn't a deal, and whoever thought it was is a fool. Secondly, on the property tax issue. Your county gave them the sweetheart property tax deal. If it was a bad deal, then it seems to me the people to blame for that are the Freestone County Government officials that made the deal. Of course the power company is going to ask for the best deal possible. Any business would. If property tax money is your worry, there is no better way to get the property taxes flowing in than building a massive high end development. They can raise that property tax value on that every single year. That would be a cash cow dreams are made of for little Freestone County. I get you have an emotional attachment to the park and I respect that. But I will never be for the State being able to come in and step on private property rights. At bare minimum the State owes Todd investments what he paid, plus all costs associated with buying the property, plus all costs to fight this case. Anything short of that is screwing over a citizen of the State. I'll never be for that no matter the cause or the citizen.

“Screwing over a citizen of the state” is exactly what Todd is doing by turning a state park and lake into a gated community for the rich and wealthy.

The last thing Texas needs is more private property land owners. In 50 years our kids and their kids will not be able to hunt or fish the same way we have been able too because of greedy “private property owners”. The state owes it to its citizens to provide publicly accessible land for recreationally use. 95% of all land in our state is privately owned. The state of Texas is not going to come and steel your house, your car or your small tract of land because of the “precedence” set in this situation.

Todd and his cronies are using that stupid argument to try and make the state look like they are power hungry and plan to take your property.

This is a step in the right direction for Texas, we need more state parks and more publicly accessible land.

So how is Todd "SCREWING OVER THE CITIZENS OF THE STATE"? What was his crime against humanity? His crime: HE BOUGHT A PIECE OF PROPERTY LISTED FOR SALE ONLINE. Wow, what a bastard. It's not his job to provide you a public hunting, fishing, and camping opportunity. Just like it isn't mine or anyone other private citizen's job. That is the job of the people you and I elect. If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at the government idiots that built tons of infrastructure on property they did not own. Get mad at the bureaucrats that could have responded to the same online for sale notice that Todd did and try to buy this property. Your anger is misplaced. I'm 100% in favor of more public parks as long as the State goes about acquisition in the right way. They need to buy it like anyone else or have it donated.

I am angry with everyone evolved, at first I had zero anger directed at Todd and his company. But it is apparent that even after the public backlash and public support of the park that he has no interest in working with the state to make a deal and is only interested in profit. I can’t say I blame him, as it is in his companies best interest financially to operate that way.

Just because it is not Todd’s job to provide public accessible land doesn’t mean that him buying the park and developing it for the rich isn’t “screwing over” the average Texas citizens. Development like this screws the average Texas citizen all the time. We have more than enough places for the rich to spend their money, we need more places for family’s to spend time with their family.

Texas has done a horrible job of providing publicly accessible land for outdoor use and this is a step in the right direction at protecting what small amount of public land and parks we have. I don’t agree that it should have come to this and it’s pitiful that our government couldn’t have worked this out before getting to this point.

The land as a state park and lake provides more to the citizens of Texas than a private lake and 2nd homes for the rich.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14751551 06/16/23 02:09 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I hope TPWD uses all 1 billion dollars it has access to and continues to expand state parks and buys up land for public use.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14751575 06/16/23 02:27 PM
S
Shaky Horn Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
This has a long way to go. Once the taking process starts and the damages model emerges based on what Todd expected to make on the development, the State Legislature is going to have to figure out how to foot that bill. I would expect Todd’s damages model to be well in excess of $100 million based on prices at similar developments like Long Cove and recent sales on Lake Athens (higher end homes going for in excess of $3 million and lot value approaching $1 million).

Or he’ll agree to keep the lake public with limited number of public boats per day in exchange for a cap on property taxes for his lake lots for a period of time.

Either way he’s going to make a ton of money on this.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Shaky Horn] #14751585 06/16/23 02:35 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Shaky Horn
This has a long way to go. Once the taking process starts and the damages model emerges based on what Todd expected to make on the development, the State Legislature is going to have to figure out how to foot that bill. I would expect Todd’s damages model to be well in excess of $100 million based on prices at similar developments like Long Cove and recent sales on Lake Athens (higher end homes going for in excess of $3 million and lot value approaching $1 million).

Or he’ll agree to keep the lake public with limited number of public boats per day in exchange for a cap on property taxes for his lake lots for a period of time.

And he should, he bought it to make money, the state is taking that away, I am happy to see it stay a state park, this could have all been avoided had the state had any sense.

[Linked Image]
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14751587 06/16/23 02:37 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Thing is, he never developed those lots. They are just imaginary. Doubt the state is paying for imaginary lots.

[Linked Image]
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Shaky Horn] #14751607 06/16/23 02:50 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted by Shaky Horn

hmmm really? I have 160 acres that I plan to build and sell 150 1 acre ranchettes on and sell for $1 mil each, I will give a large discount to someone that will buy it at this price before I start breaking ground! grin

1987 Nitro MX185/Mercury Black Max 150
1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: bronco71] #14751636 06/16/23 03:15 PM
Nathan Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Bronco….That sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Let me talk to my trust fund supervisor and see if he will let me buy two. Just to be clear, these imaginary ranchettes are in a gated community? behind a guard that will keep the common folk out? Also are there plans to build a country club and restaurants? Oh and we must have a golf course too. Have you considered a heliport?

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14751643 06/16/23 03:20 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Bronco….That sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Let me talk to my trust fund supervisor and see if he will let me buy two. Just to be clear, these imaginary ranchettes are in a gated community? behind a guard that will keep the common folk out? Also are there plans to build a country club and restaurants? Oh and we must have a golf course too. Have you considered a heliport?

thumb bet I can get the plans up over $5 mil/lot easily! Then I can go buy some more land cheap and propose the same plans! I've been working way too hard!

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: bronco71] #14751653 06/16/23 03:27 PM
Nathan Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Hey Bronco would you be willing to accept 25 million dollars to stop all those super expensive and complicated development plans you have been working on? Just a heads up, if you counter my 25 million offer with say 50 million or a hundred million, the deal is off!! Oh I forgot to ask, have you owned this 160 acres for longer than two weeks?

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: Nathan Bass] #14751656 06/16/23 03:31 PM
B
bronco71 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
B
Hey Bronco would you be willing to accept 25 million dollars to stop all those super expensive and complicated development plans you have been working on? Just a heads up, if you counter my 25 million offer with say 50 million or a hundred million, the deal is off!! Oh I forgot to ask, have you owned this 160 acres for longer than two weeks?

cheers

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14751658 06/16/23 03:34 PM
S
Shaky Horn Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I know it sounds absurd, but a property owner is entitled to receive the value of future development if the land is developable (zoning etc) even if the land is fallow at the time of the taking. If the land owner has started the process of developing and has market studies or pre-sales it gets easier to prove.

We did something similar to a utility company that condemned land through our ranch outside Austin since the land was in the development path.

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14751679 06/16/23 03:51 PM
S
Scoundrel Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Fairfield SP group mobilized and moving toward Jacksonville area.

[Linked Image]

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14751691 06/16/23 04:04 PM
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Angler
J
He should have took the 25 mil. Now he will get bottom dollar

Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: jiggmann] #14751697 06/16/23 04:15 PM
B
basscaster46 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Bet he gets the bottom dollar . Doubt they’ll pay future development expenses
Lol. I’m sure he will be ok maybe he can develop some south Dallas neighborhood.
J. D

I got all day I’m retired
Re: FAIRFIELD, things are about to get interesting [Re: RPD] #14751718 06/16/23 04:31 PM
B
basscaster46 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I think we can all agree that if the state wants a piece of property there is no stopping it.
He should’ve negotiated in good faith got what he could and bowed out.
Really don’t have much sympathy for him now .
J. D. popcorn

I got all day I’m retired
Page 23 of 152 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 151 152
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide