Forums59
Topics1,039,592
Posts13,967,180
Members144,208
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: PaulGrapevine] #14746296 06/11/23 06:38 PM
N
nellie Offline
Angler
Angler
N
I do understand the whole ethanol debate but don’t buy into it.
My history shows it don’t matter.

My old bass boat has a 200hp Johnson, sold it two years ago but still runs today, it’s 29 years old.

Current bass boat has 250hp Yamaha, 17 years old still running strong.

Old duck boat with 35hp mudmotor, 15 years old, still running strong.

Current duck boat, 1 year old 40hp mudmotor, running strong.

None of them have ever had any “non-ethanol” gas ran in them, and no fuel treatment for the smaller mud motors either.

I am sure it does not hurt to use but not necessary in my opinion based on my track record…

Last edited by nellie; 06/11/23 06:38 PM.
Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14746835 06/12/23 11:13 AM
G
gander Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by gander
Originally Posted by CrazyCrappieGuy
They have built 3 Buc-ee's around the metromess over the years, sure is nice. Always run ethanol free gas in my boat, ethanol is the devil to small motors.
I looked for non ethanol gas at Bucees down by Temple but did not see any. (I did not go to all the pumps though and didn't see any advertised) I will try the Ennis location and see what they have

Pilot in Red Oak on Red Oak Road and 35 says “Ethanol free available” on their big sign.

thumb

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: nellie] #14747052 06/12/23 02:34 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by nellie

My old bass boat has a 200hp Johnson, sold it two years ago but still runs today, it’s 29 years old.

None of them have ever had any “non-ethanol” gas ran in them, and no fuel treatment for the smaller mud motors either.

I am sure it does not hurt to use but not necessary in my opinion based on my track record…

I have a 2001 Merc efi with 2000 hours on it. I have ran 10% ethanol since the day it came off the showroom floor. Never added a drop of additive. It's never missed a beat. Some people just like throwing away money

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: PaulGrapevine] #14747059 06/12/23 02:37 PM
4Weight Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by PaulGrapevine
I’ve been driving to Denton for years to buy ethanol free gas. Now the closest gas station to my house sells it! I am way more excited about this than I should be…

[Linked Image]

What is the address of that station in Grapevine please?

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: PaulGrapevine] #14747065 06/12/23 02:40 PM
E
Espy Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
E
Around Waco Walmart carries it

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: PaulGrapevine] #14747079 06/12/23 02:51 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
The people worried about using ethanol free gas are generally the people that don't use their boats enough

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: Dubee] #14747091 06/12/23 03:05 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Originally Posted by Dubee

I have a 2001 Merc efi with 2000 hours on it. I have ran 10% ethanol since the day it came off the showroom floor. Never added a drop of additive. It's never missed a beat. Some people just like throwing away money

If you don't have issues with ethanol, it is probably because your run your motor at least once a week. I have 2 boats, and have had to clean the carburetor several times on both boats because of ethanol, you don't have that issue with ethanol free, so for me it is well worth it to spend a little more on gas and not have to worry about messing up my carburetor. Its not complicated.

I don't think thing ethanol free is that much more per gallon, I know some people that run it in their truck and they say it is cheaper because they get much better gas millage.

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: Notaguide] #14747105 06/12/23 03:18 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Notaguide
The people worried about using ethanol free gas are generally the people that don't use their boats enough

I agree... We put our pontoon away around Thanksgiving and put it back in sometime in late March every year and have never once had a fuel related problem. All I use is 10%. I add Mercury Quickleen and Quickare per instructions with every fill-up...

Question...
How often do these gas station go through a tank load of 100% fuel... How long does is sit in the underground tank before they get another delivery???... And if it's in an above ground tank wouldn't it be more susceptible to degrading the quality of the fuel because it heats up during the day then cools down at night continuously for weeks on end???... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #14747114 06/12/23 03:25 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
... I don't think thing ethanol free is that much more per gallon, I know some people that run it in their truck and they say it is cheaper because they get much better gas millage.

Well per the picture 100% it's .91 cents more expensive... When we first bought our house in Tennessee I accidently filled up my 2015 GMC 2500HD with 100% fuel. Per the onboard fuel mileage calculator I got 3 miles less per gallon. I know it was only one tank but that was my experience... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: PaulGrapevine] #14747117 06/12/23 03:27 PM
Notaguide Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I use ring free and stabilizer. Never had a problem I do try and use my boat at least once a week year round though.

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: Dan21XRS] #14747124 06/12/23 03:30 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
What I have found if I go 2 weeks not running my motor I run the risk of messing up my carburetor, go a month and most certainly will mess it up.

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #14747128 06/12/23 03:32 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

If you don't have issues with ethanol, it is probably because your run your motor at least once a week. I have 2 boats, and have had to clean the carburetor several times on both boats because of ethanol, you don't have that issue with ethanol free, so for me it is well worth it to spend a little more on gas and not have to worry about messing up my carburetor. Its not complicated.

I don't think thing ethanol free is that much more per gallon, I know some people that run it in their truck and they say it is cheaper because they get much better gas millage.

Ethanol helps clean the engine. You have that backwards.
The reason its bad is twofold. In engines that were not designed for ethanol it can degrade and destroy gaskets and hoses. Even on engines that were designed to use E10, if the gas sits or is contaminated with water the ethanol can absorb moisture and separate (phase separation). Once that happens the water infused ethanol sinks to the bottom of the tank and is then run through the engine.

The last I bought ethanol free gas at Bucees in Ennis it was prices slightly higher than premium unleaded.

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #14747166 06/12/23 03:42 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Dubee

It did get run weekly most of its life. But since I started taking care of my parents about 6 years ago. I probably average one trip every 4-8 weeks

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: PaulGrapevine] #14747176 06/12/23 03:46 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Ethanol is corrosive and can damage small engines and older cars, these are facts, just google it. My 2 boats run air cooled motors, I have a 7hp on one boat and 35hp briggs and stratton motor on my bigger boat, ethanol messes them up, when I run ethanol free I never have an issue, and they run much better. So it is pretty simple for me, but if you have no issues with ethanol on your motor, then good for you.

Re: Ethanol free gas in Grapevine!!! [Re: 4Weight] #14747222 06/12/23 04:32 PM
Tin Boat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by 4Weight
Originally Posted by PaulGrapevine
I’ve been driving to Denton for years to buy ethanol free gas. Now the closest gas station to my house sells it! I am way more excited about this than I should be…

[Linked Image]

What is the address of that station in Grapevine please?

/\/\/\/\/\ Those of us that prefer to run ethanol free and live/fish out this direction would love the address if you don't mind sharing

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide