Print Thread
few eaters - tough bite for Easter #14686532 04/10/23 04:23 PM
K
KEGracing Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
K
While I probably should have been in church, I had my Easter Sunrise service on the lake. Was beautiful and most peaceful thing I have done in the last few weeks! God is good.

With that said, the bite was slower than I would have liked. Caught bait easy enough, and went looking. Thought they would be real shallow. Cedar Creek got a lot of rain in last few days, was pretty muddy. Water temps 64-67. I went up shallow in a couple of coves, lot of weeds from the dry summer, weed line was about 3'. Tried casting up into them, on edges and out in creek channel feeding where I was. It was just not working.

After the lake being 4-5' low all summer and fall, there is grass everywhere right now... so not sure if this has spread fish out, that I would normally target in a few shallow areas with grass or not?

Started drifting from shallow out to the deeper, following the creek channels. Thinking fish the highways, got to find them eventually. Did finally catch a few nice eaters in 8-12' of water. Was off the water by lunch - the jet flea's were starting to swarm. Wife wanted some fresh fish, so kept a 7, 5 and couple of smaller for her - couple of good meals.

Hope you all had a good Easter weekend!

Ken

2014 Premier Alante 235 RF tritoon. Momma's boat. But I get to fish on her.

A country boy will survive... but those who cross him?

Cedar Creek personal best:
Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Tennessee River Blue 45.7
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: few eaters - tough bite for Easter [Re: KEGracing] #14686679 04/10/23 06:38 PM
๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Ken, that shallow bite can be tough to locate fish at times. At least you got enough for supper๐Ÿ‘

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: few eaters - tough bite for Easter [Re: KEGracing] #14686999 04/11/23 01:29 AM
R
Rowdy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
The jet fleas lol... You know I never had much luck cat fishing up in the weeds and grass. You know darn well they forge through it too. Just good to get out on the water though I am sure. Good you caught a few for lunch.

I am way past due here for going, heck other nasty things have kept me off the water. The wind here has even let up a notch or two, which sure has been nice. If I wasn't so dog dead tired I would leave and go fish tonight and just get on the water. I scarred up a fish would be great, but not a necessity for me at this point lol.

All in all, Ken it sounds like a good trip.

Re: few eaters - tough bite for Easter [Re: KEGracing] #14687020 04/11/23 01:47 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: few eaters - tough bite for Easter [Re: KEGracing] #14687821 04/11/23 09:26 PM
Bluecat Bob Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Good job, Ken.

Your lake with scattered fish sounds just like mine! I think all the changes in temperature, hot/cold/hot/cold has the fish confused. I feel the same way on my morning walks, shorts and T/hoody/shorts and T/hoody. Yeah, Texas, but maybe just me but the variations day by day this year have been huge.

Glad you snagged enough for a catfish meal for your family, and I know first hand the great job you do of frying them.

Last edited by Bluecat Bob; 04/11/23 09:27 PM.

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: few eaters - tough bite for Easter [Re: KEGracing] #14688245 04/12/23 11:14 AM
S
skeetmaster Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Ken, looks like the big fish bite is gonna be tough for a while now. Good thing is in a couple more weeks the shad spawn will turn on and you won't be able to keep the fish off your hook! They won't be giants but 40-50 fish days will be fun.

Good job putting meat on the table on a tough bite. That's always so satisfying to me. It's some kind of primal instinct that's in our DNA. It gives you that "all is good" feeling when you walk in and toss them into the sink and holler "here woman, clean these!".

Well.....maybe It doesn't quite happen like that, but you get the idea!! roflmao

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide