Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke #14616697 02/01/23 06:55 PM
Mark Perry Online Content OP
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616702 02/01/23 06:58 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
bang

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616715 02/01/23 07:06 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
8 and 9

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616720 02/01/23 07:08 PM
gregpaul Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
CD, OBJ, TY and Gallup. Star Wars 2023 coming to a venue near you. We can’t be stopped!

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: YEE_YEE] #14616724 02/01/23 07:11 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
If they are going to get a receiver in free agency or by trade i wish they would go after a younger stud, as far as Zeke, I kinda wish they would keep him at a much lower salary but if they let him go it would not surprise me, Dak has the Cowboys by the short hairs, they cannot afford to release him and they need to extend him in order to get under salary cap, they need to pull out all the stops , just go for it, really nothing to lose.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616783 02/01/23 07:41 PM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Sounds like they are gonna keep on keeping on.

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616801 02/01/23 07:56 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
That's what's make Jerry greatness...

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616822 02/01/23 08:11 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
1. OBJ is a loudmouth, but still has potential to be a impact player and legit deep and end-zone threat. I'd say he will improve the roster of any of the 32 teams in the league. Get him on an incentive-heavy short term deal and see how he does.

2. Zeke is still one of the better RB's in the league. I don't expect him to surpass 1000 yards again, but if you keep him for the right money that is fine.

3. On the surface, Mike McCarthy calling plays is not a bad thing. He was pretty successful at GB. The problem is he was basically running a west coast offence, throwing 3/4 of the time. It worked then because Aaron Rodgers. Does anyone think Dak is anywhere close to that caliber? What really confuses me here is if you are going to have McCarthy calling plays, then why bother hiring another body as OC?

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: WAWI] #14616825 02/01/23 08:12 PM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by WAWI
8 and 9

If you keep saying that it might come true. I’m

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616826 02/01/23 08:12 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
As for Dak, they can't afford to NOT release him.

Stephen Jones is going to be just as much of an idiot as his dad apparently. Was hoping when Jerry keeled off that we might improve but maybe time to find another rooting interest. I already have two kids that make me beat my head against a wall. No reason for my football team to do the same.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: patriot07] #14616830 02/01/23 08:17 PM
Super Freak
OP Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by patriot07

Stephen Jones is going to be just as much of an idiot as his dad apparently. Was hoping when Jerry keeled off that we might improve but maybe time to find another rooting interest. I already have two kids that make me beat my head against a wall. No reason for my football team to do the same.

I am not defending Dak in the least because I have my doubts about him but some of the stuff you say simply is not possible financially. It cannot happen without being devastating for several years. If releasing him or trading him was so easy it would probably be a consideration. No team in the NFL has cut a QB with a huge contract early in t9 said contract. There is a reason for that.

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616833 02/01/23 08:19 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I am not defending Dak in the least because I have my doubts about him but some of the stuff you say simply is not possible financially. It cannot happen without being devastating for several years. If releasing him or trading him was so easy it would probably be a consideration. No team in the NFL has cut a QB with a huge contract early in t9 said contract. There is a reason for that.

I just wish I believed they learned a lesson on signing big money deals with guarantees they cannot get out of.

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: Mark Perry] #14616864 02/01/23 08:51 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P

QB contracts only really got stupid the last 4-5 years. Dak and Wilson are the two standout awful ones, and neither has got to a point where they can be cut. I've said all along that Dak can't really be cut this year but you HAVE to cut him next year. The financial impact at that point is exactly one season, a season in which, if you have any sense at all, the rookie QB you draft this year already has 17 games of experience and he is still on a dirt cheap rookie deal. It's a no-brainer if you're not JJ or SJ.

Russel Wilson will be cut before the end of his deal if he doesn't improve - you can 100% count on it. Dak should be also.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: patriot07] #14616865 02/01/23 08:53 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C

QB contracts only really got stupid the last 4-5 years. Dak and Wilson are the two standout awful ones, and neither has got to a point where they can be cut. I've said all along that Dak can't really be cut this year but you HAVE to cut him next year. The financial impact at that point is exactly one season, a season in which, if you have any sense at all, the rookie QB you draft this year already has 17 games of experience and he is still on a dirt cheap rookie deal. It's a no-brainer if you're not JJ or SJ.

Russel Wilson will be cut before the end of his deal if he doesn't improve - you can 100% count on it. Dak should be also.

This also assumes the rookie you draft is not a total bust. Not arguing your logic at all, just pointing out the inconvenient fact that there are no sure-things when drafting for the NFL, especially at quarterback.

Re: Cowboys talk about Dak, OBJ and Zeke [Re: patriot07] #14616898 02/01/23 09:20 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

They are not cutting Dak this year or next, they are about to extend him, you cannot just throw away what they have right now, you have to try and add to it, had Dak not lost Pollard or had Gallup come back healthy they had a hell of a chance to beat 9ers, even with Dak having a bad game.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide