TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Darin S.
Chasin Hogs
TFF Team Angler
C
Earth
Dam He caught 61 lbs then called all yall some b!tche$. roflmao

This is acceptable though.

About as acceptable as when he called the the game warden some choice words when he was given his no license ticket or blaming someone for his bow roller missing, obviously it fell off and he caught heat over it on FB a deleted that mess. His saddened heart over negative comments is a pathetic as I’ve heard and he brings a lot of it on himself.

Last edited by Caymas Cx 21; 12/26/22 07:38 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Douglas J] #14576216 12/26/22 07:02 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
I rode with Patrick Walters on day 1 of the Bassfest on Fork the year he won it with Livescope catching them off trees in 25 to 35 feet of water. They were about 4 to 6ft down right tight to the tree. There might be 3 to 5 on a tree by Livescope. He caught them with a Vision 110+1. Three different colors but all pretty similar. He could tell what the biggest one was and focused on catching that one. It was pretty amazing what it took to get one to bite. First the bait had to come within 6” of the tree to get any interest. A foot away forget about it. Tough with the wind. It might take several times by to get interest. 95% of what he caught followed the bait 20 Ft or more before they bit. Maybe 3 all day bit at the tree. Some times it took 3 more more follows out before the fish bit. Some fish never bit even though they followed it out 10 times. He would vary the cadence according to how the fish was acting on Livescope. He did it all day long with zero breaks other than when looking for the next ones or changing locations. I mean all day long. He fished 3 locations all day. After a while I could tell about when he was going to catch one by how he was working the bait.

Also the guy I drew the next day fished the same trees in the top of the water column. Just throwing at them. Zero bites doing it. Zero.

Super nice guy. Extremely talented. He will perennially be in the top 1/3rd of the Elite Series with his skill and ability to fish at a ridiculous pace all,day. I have rode with quite a few over they years and he definitely has what it takes.At the weigh in I talked to his dad who fishes Opens. He said .”yeah Patrick loves that Livescope , I just can’t bring myself to do it, it’s too intense all the time. Not my style ”. I agreed no way I could do it. Maybe In my 20’s.

I am confused is Jones on the Elites? Or was this post mistakenly posted in a thread about Jones?

It’s a comparison of another guy who has the Livescope down better that others. Tako Ito is supposed to be real good with it too. Followed specific big smallmouth for several hundred yards to catch them. Using it to its maximum only will be reached by very few.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Fishspanker] #14576217 12/26/22 07:04 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Douglas J
I rode with Patrick Walters on day 1 of the Bassfest on Fork the year he won it with Livescope catching them off trees in 25 to 35 feet of water. They were about 4 to 6ft down right tight to the tree. There might be 3 to 5 on a tree by Livescope. He caught them with a Vision 110+1. Three different colors but all pretty similar. He could tell what the biggest one was and focused on catching that one. It was pretty amazing what it took to get one to bite. First the bait had to come within 6” of the tree to get any interest. A foot away forget about it. Tough with the wind. It might take several times by to get interest. 95% of what he caught followed the bait 20 Ft or more before they bit. Maybe 3 all day bit at the tree. Some times it took 3 more more follows out before the fish bit. Some fish never bit even though they followed it out 10 times. He would vary the cadence according to how the fish was acting on Livescope. He did it all day long with zero breaks other than when looking for the next ones or changing locations. I mean all day long. He fished 3 locations all day. After a while I could tell about when he was going to catch one by how he was working the bait.

Also the guy I drew the next day fished the same trees in the top of the water column. Just throwing at them. Zero bites doing it. Zero.

Super nice guy. Extremely talented. He will perennially be in the top 1/3rd of the Elite Series with his skill and ability to fish at a ridiculous pace all,day. I have rode with quite a few over they years and he definitely has what it takes.At the weigh in I talked to his dad who fishes Opens. He said .”yeah Patrick loves that Livescope , I just can’t bring myself to do it, it’s too intense all the time. Not my style ”. I agreed no way I could do it. Maybe In my 20’s.

I am confused is Jones on the Elites? Or was this post mistakenly posted in a thread about Jones?

It’s a comparison of another guy who has the Livescope down better that others. Tako Ito is supposed to be real good with it too. Followed specific big smallmouth for several hundred yards to catch them. Using it to its maximum only will be reached by very few.

I think this post is about Jones and not others, but thanks for sharing.

#MFGA
Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Gary Dobyns] #14576223 12/26/22 07:13 PM
P
Pokie1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
smells like a beauty parlor,,,someone getting a perm? bolt

Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Gary Dobyns] #14576279 12/26/22 08:58 PM
TallBaldCypress Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Gary Dobyns
This will be long. Josh is a friend of mine so I’ll get this out, right off. I’ve also spent many days in the boat with him. I’ve learned a lot from him and he’s picked some things up from me as well. As of this morning he has booked over 60 trips at $2000 a day. Is this price crazy, I must say yes!! But he’ll get it and anyone that goes on a trip will learn a ton. He’ll be passing great fishing info all day. Does he always catch them? NO!! But he certainly catches more big fish than anyone else right now. If fact, he catches more big fish than anyone I’ve ever known about. The numbers of big fish he catches is crazy and this makes it hard for some to believe, but I’ve seen it so many times being in the boat with him. His clients have seen it even more. He also does it on camera and hides nothing.

The day he just had where he caught so many big ones was pure crazy. He had a great morning with a 13 lber and a couple of fish over 9 pounds. Then the wind died down and he was disgusted. He called and we shot the shi* for a while. He sent me a photo of O. H. Ivey being glass calm, and said he’s done. No wind at all and they won’t bite when it’s like this. This was his thoughts as well as mine. Then he calls about 40 min later and is so dang excited as he’d caught four 9’s and a 13 in the last 30 min. So much for what we know about calm water. Truthfully, this is the rule usually. But it’s fishing and the bass don’t always read the play book.

Here's a few points I’d like to touch on. I’m jealous of his ability and most of us are too. But, I’ll never be a hater because of it. If you’re damn good you’ll have haters, period. Josh treats people that approach him very well. He takes time and talks with anyone stopping him. He’s not an a$$ and does an especially good job with kids. He does NOT use any live bait for bass. In Crappie events where it’s always legal and most use minnows, he has for sure. I’ve crappie fished with him a bunch and we’ve not used minnows at all. If he was using live bluegill as some “believe” his thousands of clients would be raising all kinds of he!! about it. Josh tries to get his clients on big fish. It’s a lot harder than it looks. You must make pinpoint casts, watch your bait, and the fish. If the bait is not presented perfectly, you will rarely get one to bite, and in fact you’ll spook many of them. Most times these fish are on the move, so a perfect cast doesn’t even get down to them before they move in another direction. You must reel in FAST and cast again. You shotgunners know about “leading” your target, you must do the same with these fish. You must cast where they’re going to be by the time you bait gets down to them. Sounds easy, but it’s not. Josh has more experience at this than anyone else. I’d bet on it!! He definetly has a few tricks and I’ll give away a couple. How many of us throw a swim jig with no trailer? A bare jig!! Before I fished with Josh, I’d done this exactly ZERO times. Basically almost dead sticking a flutter spoon, an A-Rig, a swim jig!!! I can hear some of you already saying BS on dead sticking an A-Rig. I know I called BS, when he told me about it. The first time I shared a boat with him, he made me a believer quickly. I’ve won a number of large tournaments on an A-Rig and consider myself damn good with one, but I’ve never fished it like he does. On this same first trip, he told me that a bass on the screen was a 9 pounder. I caught it and he was wrong, it was 8lbs 15oz. No shi+. He done the same thing over and over on that day. He missed by ½ to ¾ of a pound at times but I was IMPRESSED. He’s guessing these on a screen and these fish are 25-30 feet deep. He guessing the size of these fish on a screen when 90% of anglers couldn’t guess that close holding them. Guys saying he’s snagging them. Get real, this is pure stupidity. His clients would be screaming if this was the case. I’ve met some really great people through Josh, and every one of them started as a client of his. These “clients” have seen Josh’s love of catching big bass, and his love of the outdoors. They’ve become friends of his and mine. He invites them fishing all the time too. If I dropped everything and went fishing every time he calls me, I’d never get anything done. Guiding is work and it’s hard because the fish don’t always cooperate, and the angler’s skills many times are not the greatest. Remember I’ve said pinpoint accuracy, leading the fish, watching them on the screen, and keeping your bait where it needs to be. It’s not as easy as Josh makes it look.

He's on the water in the nastiest conditions (which many times are the best big fish times) when most of us are sitting by a heater at home. I know I’ve declined invites telling him I don’t care how big those fish are, you’re crazy!! Josh spends the time on the water and chases big fish. There’s NO SHORTCUTS if you’re going to be the best. You simply must spend the time, period.

The reason for my long winded post here. HATERS!! These haters do bother Josh as he has a big heart. I tell him over and over that 95% of the guys on social media have his back. They know he works for it. The other 5% are jealous and can’t accept it. I openly admit I’m jealous of his ability but I’m really happy for him, and he’s making a living fishing and this is never easy. It takes a lot of work. I also tell him if you’re good you’re going to have haters. It means your successful. Be glad you have haters!!

Sorry for the long rant. I’ll always go to bat for a friend when I know he’s doing it the right way and treats people very good.

Some of you know I lost my father one week ago today. The man that started me fishing!!! We’re really here for a short time and the older you get, time seems to go faster. It’s Holiday Season so give hugs to all of your family and friends.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!

Nice post and Merry Christmas!

While you're here, what's the top 3 A Rig rods in your lineup, Mr. Dobyns? I need one and would prefer it's versatile enough for other techniques.

Last edited by TallBaldCypress; 12/26/22 08:59 PM.
Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #14576296 12/26/22 09:20 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Online Embarrased
TFF Team Angler
Online Embarrased
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Originally Posted by Darin S.
Chasin Hogs
TFF Team Angler
C
Earth
Dam He caught 61 lbs then called all yall some b!tche$. roflmao

This is acceptable though.

About as acceptable as when he called the the game warden some choice words when he was given his no license ticket or blaming someone for his bow roller missing, obviously it fell off and he caught heat over it on FB a deleted that mess. His saddened heart over negative comments is a pathetic as I’ve heard and he brings a lot of it on himself.

lol he self snitched on himself thats crazy

Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Gary Dobyns] #14576375 12/26/22 10:51 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
This thread seems fishy. Lots of politics going down.

I wanna scream BS, but I’d need to see all the PMs that are sent to really know the whole story.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Gary Dobyns] #14576439 12/26/22 11:51 PM
R
Rob W. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Gary Dobyns] #14576465 12/27/22 12:31 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I’d also like to add questioning someone doesn’t make you “jealous”. I am what I am, but I’m not jealous of what I’m not.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14576472 12/27/22 12:36 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

I wanna scream BS, but I’d need to see all the PMs that are sent to really know the whole story.

Are you accusing the tff members of a conspiracy roflmao

Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: WAWI] #14576508 12/27/22 01:21 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Are you accusing the tff members of a conspiracy roflmao

More like an under the table pay off.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Gary Dobyns] #14576531 12/27/22 01:50 AM
Rangerkev Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
What I find amusing is Barrett, Jersey Dan and Slinky have no proof or evidence or first hand knowledge. There word is worth nothing until they have evidence. And because many of us on here don't like what are lies until proven otherwise we are being called out. I would call out any member on here that called another fisherman a liar without proof. Unfortunately this is an open forum that allows sad pathetic excuses for men to spread rumors or lies without proof. I do believe that Gary's word is good. Can't say that for the liars.

Rangerkev
Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Gary Dobyns] #14576536 12/27/22 01:55 AM
9094 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Josh jones doesn’t have a fish catching problem or a not being a nice guy problem. I think he has created an image problem. I have met him and said before he is a really nice sincere guy.
I really think the problem is the perception people have of him. All of his post are about him, the big fish he catches, the pictures on his site are 99% of him with a big fish or a video of him with a big fish.
He seldom shows his clients with a big fish and even more seldom of a video. In short, even though I don’t think it is factual he comes off on social media as a me, look at me guy.
Virtually all guides post mostly pictures of the fish their clients catch and rarely mention the ones they catch. I think if JJ did more of this his perceived image would change quite a bit.

Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Rangerkev] #14576552 12/27/22 02:19 AM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by Rangerkev
What I find amusing is Barrett, Jersey Dan and Slinky have no proof or evidence or first hand knowledge. There word is worth nothing until they have evidence. And because many of us on here don't like what are lies until proven otherwise we are being called out. I would call out any member on here that called another fisherman a liar without proof. Unfortunately this is an open forum that allows sad pathetic excuses for men to spread rumors or lies without proof. I do believe that Gary's word is good. Can't say that for the liars.

Well Kev, since you threw my name in here. I’ll comment. I think proof was shown. And when proof was shown, guys are called haters, and jealous.
But I know I can speak for myself and prolly Barrett as well. Since I know the amount of money he’s won in the past as well. Kinda hard to be jealous, cause you turn our scopes off, we still catch fish and win money. Turns JJ’s off and I don’t think he even exist.
So please leave my name out of your mouth. Thanks bud!

Re: Josh Jones Fishing [Re: Rangerkev] #14576556 12/27/22 02:25 AM
J
jbsoonerfan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Originally Posted by Rangerkev

Great post!

Last edited by jbsoonerfan; 12/27/22 02:26 AM.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide