Print Thread
LED lights #14542780 11/21/22 11:00 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
While in the process of repairing my transom. I am going to unplug the LED live well lights and wire the switch to run LED strip lights. This lights will run underneath the railing in the front of the boat to shine down. The lights at the rear I'm thinking along the transom cap. I want them to point up to illuminate the rods while night fishing. I need some help with what to order, where to order.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: LED lights [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14543108 11/22/22 12:47 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Hey Carey, Are you going to put colored LEDs on the transom or black light? Colored will still draw bugs but the black lights seem to illuminate some rods but not others...

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: LED lights [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14543144 11/22/22 01:26 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Both. My plan is to replace the Interior lights rocker switch with a Navigation lights rocker switch. Up for LED's to light the boat, down for Black light only.

Re: LED lights [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14543447 11/22/22 05:36 PM
R
Rowdy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
While there is a host of places you guys can buy less expensive, these guys have some of the best in the business. I have been buying from them for years. Upgraded everything around here with their stuff. I think they even have a big sale on right now as well. One thing I have had to fix on many guys boat when it comes to lights and wiring that I want to share, is the running of the wires, man getting the wires hung up nice and tight is a big issue. You need to spend extra time doing that in hopes of keeping them from sagging down and even worse. So try to hang them up and/or glue them down or tie-strap them really close. You will be glad you did...

Their stuff is not cheap, but with the good products and great tech support, I always go here. Heck I even have some of their LED's on my Kubota tractor, I really like the 5000-5500 Kelvin temperature, as it's the pure white light. Not always a good thing when bugs are an issue though... They have a host of the color spectrum to choose from though.

LED's

I replaced my floor light bulbs with one of their strip light kits. Have yet to get around to the bulbs in the rod lockers and other boxes yet, but fully intend to. The 21 year old boat I bought off a member here, while was a clean nice rig had to many issues that was not disclosed when I bought it, which is fine I am fixing all that stuff first, I consider myself really good at working on fishing boats and their motors. So yes budget and time gets in the way of everything around here. But I am chewing away at all the projects, probably not in the correct order, but I am getting there. Love the boat though, some of us have a real hard time not liking any kind of boat you can fish from though lol... Just if limited budget wasn't such a challenge and the stuff we all want to use to help us fish was not so marketed against us, sure make things around here much easier.

I am very lucky as I can do everything on these rigs myself, that does help with some of the budget. While my Transom is good, I do understand your issues with that, and it being repaired correctly is not timely or cheap. I have done more than a few of those for guys in the past. Never let yourself get in a hurry doing things on your boat guys, nothing good comes from hurry, I truly believe hurry is of the devil!!!

I like to pay in cash for stuff or at the least a debit card, neither of those of mine have proven near big enough for this project boat I bought back in April lol. But I am going to get there and with some of the advice and help I get from this forum, hopefully I want make to many wrong decisions on things I get for this old TR-21 Triton...

My biggest challenges have been to date is all these new trolling motors and electronics and how to use and read them. This forum is helping me with that from you guys advice, so hopefully I can help others with things in turn. Good luck with your Transom

Re: LED lights [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14548647 11/28/22 06:00 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
F
Rowdy, thanks for the link. This is what I was looking for.

Re: LED lights [Re: Fishin' Nut] #14549031 11/29/22 12:59 AM
R
Rowdy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Glad to hear it man. These are really solid leds and their technical support is even better.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide