Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' #14509653 10/19/22 11:56 AM
Bluecat Bob Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Hey guys, I recently purchased a new (to me) boat, a Tracker Pro Guide 16WT, and wanted to get it all kitted out with my cat-fishing requirements. I am not the handiest guy around, so wanted to get someone reliable to get the stuff installed for me.

Specifically:
Fit a new larger fish finder and transducer.
Install new Trailer steps.
Fit an iPilot to my base power drive trolling motor.
Fit new MulTbar rod rests

David Goodson the owner of Lewisville based Shut Up And Fish was recommended to me, so I contacted him to schedule the fitting.

Yesterday I took my boat in, and honestly could not be happier with the work David and his crew did. They took care with the fitting, and little things like covering the cockpit holes from the old fish finder were done well. The iPilot is tricky and took some finagling and trouble shooting (thanks also to Catfish Tim), but he got it working.

I want give a shout out to David for great work and would have no hesitation recommending him.

The new fish finder (Lawrence Reveal 7 triple shot).

[Linked Image]

Easy Step trailer steps.

[Linked Image]

I had my idea on fitting the MulTbars, but David was concerned about the strength of the fixtures, and suggested a better and more robust way to attach them (they are very heavy). His idea is much better way of fixing them but will take more time. I will be taking the boat back to him to get them fitted when I return from vacation and will update then.

Last edited by Bluecat Bob; 10/19/22 01:09 PM.

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14509932 10/19/22 04:15 PM
L
littlewheel Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
I have never heard anything negative about doing business with him!

Shannon Wheeler
Lake Fork Channel Catfish Guide
Cheeseologist at Stubbys Cheesebait
903-987-2315
Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14510286 10/19/22 09:53 PM
R
Rowdy Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I like the looks of those steps for sure. The sonar rig sitting there, looks like it was made for that spot. Look forward to seeing the rest of your setup Bob...

Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14510633 10/20/22 09:56 AM
S
skeetmaster Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
The only thing missing in that new boat is some slime..... bannana2

Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14510636 10/20/22 10:13 AM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Geno, you took the works right out of my mouth! But you know how BCB hates a dirty boat... stir

Good help is hard to find these days. Glad you found him and thanks for sharing. Hope he gets some business from your post!

Catfish Tim
๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
Romans 8:1

Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14523484 11/02/22 10:38 PM
Bluecat Bob Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Just a follow up on this.

Shut up and Fish owner David Goodson had a cunning plan to fit my heavy duty MulTbar rods holders and Smackdown rod holders. My suggested solution using toggle bolts was not going to cut it and he didn't want to fit them, and instead he asked that I come back so that he could carry out a more solid installation.

The finished job.

[Linked Image]

That's David in the pic. He removed the entire rear deck and installed a big heavy fiberglass back plate behind the wood, and the whole thing is rock solid.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am a happy camper, and can highly recommend his work.

Retired from the grind and enjoying life and the great outdoors ### Formerly Texas Brit ###
Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14523967 11/03/22 01:43 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Looks great, and very solid.

Have an observation though. That decking doesn't appear to be marine grade plywood. Any concerns with that?

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14524705 11/04/22 11:02 AM
S
skeetmaster Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Fish Killer, when I first looked at that pic I didn't notice that. I think what we're seeing there around the edges is some of the glue used for the carpeting. I know that all Tracker boats are manufactured with pretty stringent specs. All of the plywood used by them is marine grade for sure. I'm not sure what grade of marine grade(there are a number of different grade variations) it is, but it's definitely marine grade. I looked up their manufacturing process and those boats are extremely well built.

Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14524856 11/04/22 01:45 PM
S
Skeeter Temp Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Looks great, ready to see you put some fish in her!

Rip some LIPS!!!

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for his friends
Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: skeetmaster] #14525200 11/04/22 05:56 PM
N
nellie Offline
Angler
Angler
N
Originally Posted by skeetmaster
Fish Killer, when I first looked at that pic I didn't notice that. I think what we're seeing there around the edges is some of the glue used for the carpeting. I know that all Tracker boats are manufactured with pretty stringent specs. All of the plywood used by them is marine grade for sure. I'm not sure what grade of marine grade(there are a number of different grade variations) it is, but it's definitely marine grade. I looked up their manufacturing process and those boats are extremely well built.

I disagree with this statement and really donโ€™t think any boat should have plywood in it period, eventually it will fail with a doubt.

I would not consider that to be โ€œextremely well builtโ€. All metal boat should be metal throughout, I know all my aluminum boats have been with exception to one I had 30 years ago that rotted, just happens to be the only Tracker boat I ever owned.

I have owned 3 more aluminum boats since and all decks and everything were metal, no wood, just had another custom one built a couple weeks ago and itโ€™s the same.

Not sure why they put wood in their boats, obviously cheaper.

Re: Shout out to 'Shut Up And Fish' [Re: Bluecat Bob] #14526688 11/06/22 11:39 AM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Well Nellie, to each his own...

I've been in all aluminum boats and I was not a fan. The ride was terrible, they are really noisy and in my opinion too light not to get bounced and banged around on the chop. I think the marine grade plywood adds weight, it has a much higher sound transfer coefficient, it makes it easier to add accessories, and to be honest, the plywood deck in my new tracker would be a very simple replacement project in 20 years if I didn't want to buy a new boat by then. My first boat was one just like this and I was very happy with it. plywood and all. I've seen aluminum transoms crack where I'd bet a plywood base would have prevented it. Plywood is not the devil Bobby Bucheau...

Catfish Tim
๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
Romans 8:1

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide