Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Dan21XRS] #14496033 10/05/22 12:28 AM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Originally Posted by Slicefixer
... I hope you're wrong, but, I confess, in this crazy world you might well be correct Brother Dan....

However, ya gotta remember, this isn't NY, CA, etc etc, it's OH....

My guess, heavy fines, heavy community service, heavy restitution, 3 to 6 months (possibly a year IF the felony charges stick) in jail, probation, loss of hunting and fishing privileges.....

I just don't see how prosecutors can do anything but hammer these guys (INTENSE public pressure....national media exposure.... worldwide via the net).....i don't see how competent defense counsel can let this go to trial (might well get the maximum).....they've got to try and plea it down as best they can as they really don't have much to work with.... I'm not sure the defense counsel will be able to plea down from a felony/felonies to misdemeanors, etc (but they might be able to do it, I'm betting they will, hence the 3 to 6 months).....

There's simply no defense for the crimes of which they'll eventually be charged.....IF they take it to trial their clients might well be punished to the extremities of OH law.....I don't see how the court can accept anything less than serious punishment....too public....so blatant.... irrefutable evidence, etc.....not to mention a prior failed polygraph and subsequent disqualification (might be admissible due to the DQ.. slim but possible), prior game law violation/violations (most probably admissible), etc etc.

However, in the end I might well be dead wrong..... who knows in this crazy world.

I do know this, those two are sweating bullets..... deservedly so.

I think the TD pulled the trigger too quickly. They should have call the ODNR and the local police dept. and had them waiting in the wing until they declared the winners and handed out the checks. Once the cheaters accepted the check/ boat the ODNR and police should have taken them into custody. Since they never accepted the first place check/ boat they technically didn't gain anything... I hope I'm wrong but I fear a lawyer will be able to beat the rap... Dan

I don't think so, those guys are going to get hammered, also their lives are pretty much toast.

[Linked Image]
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Dan21XRS] #14496035 10/05/22 12:33 AM
S
Slicefixer Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
S
[/quote]I think the TD pulled the trigger too quickly. They should have call the ODNR and the local police dept. and had them waiting in the wing until they declared the winners and handed out the checks. Once the cheaters accepted the check/ boat the ODNR and police should have taken them into custody. Since they never accepted the first place check/ boat they technically didn't gain anything... I hope I'm wrong but I fear a lawyer will be able to beat the rap... Dan [/quote]

That's a GREAT point Dan......certainly makes things interesting as far as financial damages, etc. That'll also give the defense something to throw at the prosecution in negotiating a plea bargain. Obviously OH law and which laws their charged under with will determine where this whole deal heads..... also the court/judge that's assigned to handle the case.

Last edited by Slicefixer; 10/05/22 12:36 AM.

Gj
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Tiltman] #14496036 10/05/22 12:34 AM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by Tiltman
wonder how much those two have stolen over the years ?

Wonder how much Sprague stole over the years.

Someone blatantly cheated in a professional level event and folks on the TFF care more about some regional Walleye event more. It’s crazy.

Last edited by Used2fish; 10/05/22 12:35 AM.
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Dan21XRS] #14496038 10/05/22 12:38 AM
S
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
S
What ever happened to that a-hole Rose fellow? Did he disappear back under the rock?

Gj
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Slicefixer] #14496095 10/05/22 01:32 AM
W
Will.i.am Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
What ever happened to that a-hole Rose fellow? Did he disappear back under the rock?

I was just about to say who remembers Robbie Rose, imagine if we had social media at that time

Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Dan21XRS] #14496134 10/05/22 01:57 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Was Rose the guy that stuffed a 1lb weight into a fish and then the fish sank to the bottom of the release trailer? Or was that another scumbag?

Re: Good Morning America... [Re: grout-scout] #14496196 10/05/22 02:32 AM
W
Will.i.am Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
W
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Was Rose the guy that stuffed a 1lb weight into a fish and then the fish sank to the bottom of the release trailer? Or was that another scumbag?

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=mccluskey/100511_robby_rose_cheating_fisherman

As Rose was led away, the fish handler and the tournament director, Bryan Davis, noticed a pronounced lump in the fish's stomach. Curious, the officials touched the lump, which they found to be hard, and then placed the fish in a holding tank and moved on to weigh in other fish. However, once they placed Rose's fish in the tank another strange thing happened.

It sank like a lead weight.

"It was just sitting on bottom of the tank," Davis said. "Normally a fish'll hover and not sit on the bottom. It won't stay in one spot. This one just wasn't moving.

"I asked him, 'Robby, is there anything in this fish that's gonna disqualify you?'" Davis said. "He didn't say anything. Then I told him I was fixing to cut the fish open unless he had another way to get whatever was in it out without harming the fish."

Hearing this, Rose immediately grabbed the fish, squeezed it from tail to head and removed a shiny 1-pound lead weight from its mouth.

Rose handed the weight and the fish to Davis, apologized then left.

Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Dan21XRS] #14496260 10/05/22 03:14 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
thumb can’t believe it’s been that long ago, seems like it just happened.

Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Will.i.am] #14496293 10/05/22 04:07 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Will.i.am
Originally Posted by grout-scout

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=mccluskey/100511_robby_rose_cheating_fisherman

As Rose was led away, the fish handler and the tournament director, Bryan Davis, noticed a pronounced lump in the fish's stomach. Curious, the officials touched the lump, which they found to be hard, and then placed the fish in a holding tank and moved on to weigh in other fish. However, once they placed Rose's fish in the tank another strange thing happened.

It sank like a lead weight.

"It was just sitting on bottom of the tank," Davis said. "Normally a fish'll hover and not sit on the bottom. It won't stay in one spot. This one just wasn't moving.

"I asked him, 'Robby, is there anything in this fish that's gonna disqualify you?'" Davis said. "He didn't say anything. Then I told him I was fixing to cut the fish open unless he had another way to get whatever was in it out without harming the fish."

Hearing this, Rose immediately grabbed the fish, squeezed it from tail to head and removed a shiny 1-pound lead weight from its mouth.

Rose handed the weight and the fish to Davis, apologized then left.

Shout out to Tracker Tim for winning the boat.

Rose's fish, even with the weight in it, wasn't big enough to win!

#MFGA
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Slicefixer] #14496380 10/05/22 12:21 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
[/quote]I think the TD pulled the trigger too quickly. They should have call the ODNR and the local police dept. and had them waiting in the wing until they declared the winners and handed out the checks. Once the cheaters accepted the check/ boat the ODNR and police should have taken them into custody. Since they never accepted the first place check/ boat they technically didn't gain anything... I hope I'm wrong but I fear a lawyer will be able to beat the rap... Dan

That's a GREAT point Dan......certainly makes things interesting as far as financial damages, etc. That'll also give the defense something to throw at the prosecution in negotiating a plea bargain. Obviously OH law and which laws their charged under with will determine where this whole deal heads..... also the court/judge that's assigned to handle the case.[/quote]

It will be intersting for sure. Ohio law and the way it is written will determine if they can make this stick in the end, This is also the only proof they have of them ever doing this, though they probably did it several times over the years and got away with it. I still hope they get them good. I'm sure with all the publicity this has gotten a judge will do everything in his power to punish them as much as he can.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 10/05/22 12:22 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Dan21XRS] #14496384 10/05/22 12:25 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
They’re screwed. Which they should be. Too bad, but they brought it on themselves.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Dan21XRS] #14496405 10/05/22 12:50 PM
wsimpson Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
... I hope you're wrong, but, I confess, in this crazy world you might well be correct Brother Dan....

My guess, heavy fines, heavy community service, heavy restitution, 3 to 6 months (possibly a year IF the felony charges stick) in jail, probation, loss of hunting and fishing privileges.....

I just don't see how prosecutors can do anything but hammer these guys (INTENSE public pressure....national media exposure.... worldwide via the net).....i don't see how competent defense counsel can let this go to trial (might well get the maximum).....they've got to try and plea it down as best they can as they really don't have much to work with.... I'm not sure the defense counsel will be able to plea down from a felony/felonies to misdemeanors, etc (but they might be able to do it, I'm betting they will, hence the 3 to 6 months).....

There's simply no defense for the crimes of which they'll eventually be charged.....IF they take it to trial their clients might well be punished to the extremities of OH law.....I don't see how the court can accept anything less than serious punishment....too public....so blatant.... irrefutable evidence, etc.....not to mention a prior failed polygraph and subsequent disqualification (might be admissible due to the DQ.. slim but possible), prior game law violation/violations (most probably admissible), etc etc.

However, in the end I might well be dead wrong..... who knows in this crazy world.

I think the TD pulled the trigger too quickly. They should have call the ODNR and the local police dept. and had them waiting in the wing until they declared the winners and handed out the checks. Once the cheaters accepted the check/ boat the ODNR and police should have taken them into custody. Since they never accepted the first place check/ boat they technically didn't gain anything... I hope I'm wrong but I fear a lawyer will be able to beat the rap... Dan

Agree. Evidence of cheating and attempted theft…

Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Dan21XRS] #14496437 10/05/22 01:22 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
The TD acted appropriately. Delaying action would have created the opportunity for an escalation (forcefully taking the fish back/removing evidence/etc)

[Linked Image]
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: Slicefixer] #14496615 10/05/22 03:43 PM
TallBaldCypress Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Just had a segment on the walleye cheaters... ODNR is involved so it looks like the heat has been turned up on those two slugs... All they'll get is a slap on the wrist though... Dan

I hope you're wrong, but, I confess, in this crazy world you might well be correct Brother Dan....

They'll get multiple resets, media exposure and public interest will decline as the months pass by and democrat judges will do what they do. That's how it works in Harris County.

Last edited by TallBaldCypress; 10/05/22 03:45 PM.
Re: Good Morning America... [Re: TallBaldCypress] #14496824 10/05/22 07:23 PM
S
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted by TallBaldCypress
Just had a segment on the walleye cheaters... ODNR is involved so it looks like the heat has been turned up on those two slugs... All they'll get is a slap on the wrist though... Dan

I hope you're wrong, but, I confess, in this crazy world you might well be correct Brother Dan....

They'll get multiple resets, media exposure and public interest will decline as the months pass by and democrat judges will do what they do. That's how it works in Harris County.

I hope your incorrect Tall, but, it certainly wouldn't surprise me one iota. I guess it's going to depend upon the OH jurisdiction this involves.

Hopefully it'll involve a jurisdiction/prosecutors office/court that's similar to areas outside of the major metro areas in TX.....Houston vs Lufkin as an example. Let's hope so anyway.....

The court needs to make an example of these two @ssclown's in order to discourage other cheating douche's......

Gj
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide