Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Resident TFF Event Coodinator #14446749 08/12/22 01:23 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A
Gents / Ladies...the latest BBQ thread has sparked up some interest to get the TFF folks rolling in packs again to our member's Diners, Drive-In, and Dives. Who on here has put these events together and how often should we hold these?

My list so far....
407 BBQ (Argyle, TX)
Shuck Me (Multiple Locations...newest in Denton)
Wawi's Place (Forgive me, not familiar but heard a few stories of the fun to be had)

Maybe after a few of these events, we could borrow some keys from Spags, or Steez and drive around their whips on the lot.

Last edited by avid_basser; 08/12/22 01:37 PM.
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: avid_basser] #14446763 08/12/22 01:31 PM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P
Maybe if we do then some folks will actually show up.

Most of the former G2Gs we did in TFFers placers were duds. Sure, there have been the rare time when quite a few showed up. We always did head counts to see how many to expect and most of the affirmatives never showed up. These guys who own the restaurants usually make special plans for us with reserved tables and maybe even an extra employee to just wait on us. We had one for 407 several years ago and about 20 people were coming. I think 5 made it. We had one at Shuck Me in Southlake and about 15 were coming - 3 showed up. There are other examples but I've made my point.

This is a great idea to meet and greet with some TFFers you may never have met, and it should bring extra business to the restaurant, but we should show the owners enough respect to actually show up!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We don’t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: Patriot Guard Rider] #14446794 08/12/22 01:51 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Patriot Guard Rider

Most of the former G2Gs we did in TFFers placers were duds. Sure, there have been the rare time when quite a few showed up. We always did head counts to see how many to expect and most of the affirmatives never showed up. These guys who own the restaurants usually make special plans for us with reserved tables and maybe even an extra employee to just wait on us. We had one for 407 several years ago and about 20 people were coming. I think 5 made it. We had one at Shuck Me in Southlake and about 15 were coming - 3 showed up. There are other examples but I've made my point.

This is a great idea to meet and greet with some TFFers you may never have met, and it should bring extra business to the restaurant, but we should show the owners enough respect to actually show up!

thumb

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: avid_basser] #14446808 08/12/22 01:57 PM
Brian Spagnola Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by avid_basser
Gents / Ladies...the latest BBQ thread has sparked up some interest to get the TFF folks rolling in packs again to our member's Diners, Drive-In, and Dives. Who on here has put these events together and how often should we hold these?

My list so far....
407 BBQ (Argyle, TX)
Shuck Me (Multiple Locations...newest in Denton)
Wawi's Place (Forgive me, not familiar but heard a few stories of the fun to be had)

Maybe after a few of these events, we could borrow some keys from Spags, or Steez and drive around their whips on the lot.

LOL

Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: Patriot Guard Rider] #14446813 08/12/22 01:58 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable

My God, What a KillJoy post

Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: RedRanger] #14446818 08/12/22 02:01 PM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Was he wrong?

[Linked Image]
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: MBradford] #14446825 08/12/22 02:04 PM
RedRanger Offline
burro desagradable
burro desagradable
Originally Posted by MBradford

Was he wrong?

I have been to a few TFF get together, they were lots of people, especially the TFF Christmas Parties.

We used to have TFF G2G Bass Tournaments on Lake Monticello where big fish won the pot, We would have close to 50 boats

I have seen Buda throw up some charitable G2G on Lake Grapevine that drew large crowds

So yes, I would say in general he is wrong

Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: RedRanger] #14446834 08/12/22 02:09 PM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M

Was he wrong?

I have been to a few TFF get together, they were lots of people, especially the TFF Christmas Parties.

We used to have TFF G2G Bass Tournaments on Lake Monticello where big fish won the pot, We would have close to 50 boats

I have seen Buda throw up some charitable G2G on Lake Grapevine that drew large crowds

When was the most recent G2G you have attended? I've seen pics from some of the most recent gatherings, and there were only a handful of people.

[Linked Image]
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: MBradford] #14446897 08/12/22 03:00 PM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
MBradford is correct I went to the one at Wawi's (Old Town Icehouse). only 10 maybe 12 folks

GO FISH!
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: RedRanger] #14446940 08/12/22 03:32 PM
P
Patriot Guard Rider Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
P

Was he wrong?

Nothing in the past few years has drawn the numbers we used to get. So, I am not wrong! We've had several at Wawi's place in Keller and have never filled more than two tables (with about 4-6 at a table).
I'm not trying to be a Killjoy. I go to nearly all of them. I'm just saying that if you say you're going then show up.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Family is everything!

Life is precious. We don’t have forever. We have now. This moment. We can choose to love our lives now.

Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: Patriot Guard Rider] #14447001 08/12/22 04:20 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I have a great plan, we can all meet at WAWI's and drinks are on the house, no more than 5 each lol This should get a good crowd going, I will meet with Hugh and find out what day would be best, I am thinking a Friday, if anyone is interested please PM WAWI.

[Linked Image]
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: avid_basser] #14447005 08/12/22 04:21 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Lots of olds here and I mean blue haired olds. They like a LuAnn platter at 4 pm

#MFGA
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: Douglas J] #14447009 08/12/22 04:24 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Lots of olds here and I mean blue haired olds. They like a LuAnn platter at 4 pm

Mmmmm-
LuAnn platter is good any time of day-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: steveiam] #14447011 08/12/22 04:25 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by steveiam
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Mmmmm-
LuAnn platter is good any time of day-

food thumb

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Resident TFF Event Coodinator [Re: avid_basser] #14448034 08/13/22 08:57 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A
What about planning for something on September 3, 2022. It's the Saturday of labor day and many on here state they prefer to no be on the water. So why not get together at a local watering hole?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide