Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: grout-scout] #14438543 08/03/22 04:42 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
I don't really understand the way many of you seem to just dismiss this as something less than blatant cheating. This was a complete disregard for the rules. The no info rules certainly have some grey areas. Sometimes you get into situations just being around other anglers that you are going to have info floated that you didn't ask for. I think every angler understands that. This however was a blatant disregard for the rule entirely. The proof is all in writing. MLF should have acted on this the second they had knowledge of it. The fact that they did not makes me question the integrity of the organization. In my eyes this is no different than someone putting fish in a basket before a tournament. Both are an attempt to steal money from other competitors in the tournament. I really don't see how you can look at it any other way. The fact that it took this long to enforce the rule leads me to believe that it was only pressure from the other anglers that forced them to act. MLF clearly wanted to just sweep this under the rug and never talk about it again. I commend the anglers that had some backbone and took this public.

If this is the first thing they have done, that makes you question their integrity, then you don’t pay attention to the tournament world very much.

I typically try to stay on the topic at hand. That's generally the way a forum works. I didn't realize that I had to bring up every questionable move MLF has ever made in order to qualify my comment. You want me to make a list or something? You know.....to prove I'm paying attention?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: OkAce] #14438594 08/03/22 05:37 PM
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
This has nothing to do with criminal liability. Nascar doesn't prosecute a driver for a rules violation neither does the PGA or any other sport. It should be self governed and punishment comes from the ruling organization running the event. When there are certain circumstances and a proven intent that falls under fraud laws then some states will prosecute the crime. A rules violation that doesn't concern trapping or transporting fish with the intent to win money would never hold up.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: HDVS] #14438614 08/03/22 05:58 PM
N
Neches Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted by HDVS
This has nothing to do with criminal liability. Nascar doesn't prosecute a driver for a rules violation neither does the PGA or any other sport. It should be self governed and punishment comes from the ruling organization running the event. When there are certain circumstances and a proven intent that falls under fraud laws then some states will prosecute the crime. A rules violation that doesn't concern trapping or transporting fish with the intent to win money would never hold up.

Sprague stole $30,0000 from his competitors. That’s pretty dang criminal.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: Neches] #14438692 08/03/22 07:03 PM
F
Fishing on a string Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted by Neches

Sprague stole $30,0000 from his competitors. That’s pretty dang criminal.

Yes he definitely stole from the 79 other competitors and the fantasy folks that might have picked the actual winners. So there’s that money that might have been won by someone. Everyone says they hate a thief then we have guy’s on here defending him tooth and nail. Guess their agenda is to get this to fade away because they will be losing something.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: HDVS] #14438693 08/03/22 07:07 PM
rh47 Offline
Angler
Angler

Here you go! Winner.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: rh47] #14438722 08/03/22 07:32 PM
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by rh47

Here you go! Winner.

LOL! It's a fact! If u would have read my other comment u would have seen I said he is and always will be labeled a cheater and should be banned. So genius u should use some common sense before u start making smarta** comments! But hey I'm sure u have way more experience in the situation than I do. Ha Ha.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: OkAce] #14438765 08/03/22 08:13 PM
G
GMTK Offline
Angler
Angler
G
*If MLF knew and did nothing - shame on them. That's [censored].

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: GMTK] #14438767 08/03/22 08:14 PM
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by GMTK
*If MLF knew and did nothing - shame on them. That's [censored].

Yes it is! They had the messages since Feb when the tourny took place

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: HDVS] #14438816 08/03/22 08:55 PM
rh47 Offline
Angler
Angler

Here you go! Winner.

LOL! It's a fact! If u would have read my other comment u would have seen I said he is and always will be labeled a cheater and should be banned. So genius u should use some common sense before u start making smarta** comments! But hey I'm sure u have way more experience in the situation than I do. Ha Ha.

Excuse me sir, I'm no genius, but maybe you should take your own advice and read MY comments before you assume I have no common sense and make smart-[censored] remarks. If you did, you would see that I totally agree with you on your post. My post was not sarcastic and I don't see where you got that? Wow. Take a breath buddy.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: rh47] #14438825 08/03/22 09:04 PM
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Here you go! Winner.

Excuse me sir, I'm no genius, but maybe you should take your own advice and read MY comments before you assume I have no common sense and make smart-[censored] remarks. If you did, you would see that I totally agree with you on your post. My post was not sarcastic and I don't see where you got that? Wow. Take a breath buddy.

Sorry took "winner" as being sarcastic. My bad.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: HDVS] #14438841 08/03/22 09:20 PM
rh47 Offline
Angler
Angler
HDVS, no problem, we good.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: OkAce] #14439217 08/04/22 12:41 PM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Hes just the only one that got caught roflmao Id bet a large percentage of his competitors have done it plenty. Shouldn't even have the rule... its a joke.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: Barrett] #14439415 08/04/22 03:47 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Barrett
Hes just the only one that got caught roflmao Id bet a large percentage of his competitors have done it plenty. Shouldn't even have the rule... its a joke.

Well, can you blame them? At this point its worth it because theres no telling how much money people win and the fine isnt that much and if your one of the bigger names it will most likely be swept away. I think the rule is ok but the enforcement has to be level and strict. Incidents like this will only lead to more guys thinking they have to do it to compete or that its worth the risk. Especially the guys that are on the fence about it being right or not

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: OkAce] #14442683 08/08/22 02:55 AM
B
Burgerboy Offline
Angler
Angler
B
There is a reality here. You can be mad at Jeff, I personally know him and he is a great guy, but MLF is going to make up the rules as they go along, just like their requalifying procedures to protect guys past their prime. Wheeler got caught and not one word , not one suspension etc. was dealt. I do know about the DC incident but he is Wheeler's roommate so it should surprise no one. You can say this happens at BASS but you cannot give me a recent example. You know why ? BASS would publicize it, and MLF does not. MLF had to publicize this because it got out. MLF is in the business or reality television and keeping sponsors happy. Toro, Lews, Strike King, NGK Sparkplugs etc would not be happy if he was kicked out for the rest of the season etc. Same thing if they did this to Wheeler years ago. This will happen on your favorite high school football team this season across our state. The star player that gets a 68 will be rounded up to passing to play Friday night. The non athlete will get a 68 with no round up.

Re: Jeff Sprague [Re: Burgerboy] #14442848 08/08/22 01:06 PM
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by Burgerboy
There is a reality here. You can be mad at Jeff, I personally know him and he is a great guy, but MLF is going to make up the rules as they go along, just like their requalifying procedures to protect guys past their prime. Wheeler got caught and not one word , not one suspension etc. was dealt. I do know about the DC incident but he is Wheeler's roommate so it should surprise no one. You can say this happens at BASS but you cannot give me a recent example. You know why ? BASS would publicize it, and MLF does not. MLF had to publicize this because it got out. MLF is in the business or reality television and keeping sponsors happy. Toro, Lews, Strike King, NGK Sparkplugs etc would not be happy if he was kicked out for the rest of the season etc. Same thing if they did this to Wheeler years ago. This will happen on your favorite high school football team this season across our state. The star player that gets a 68 will be rounded up to passing to play Friday night. The non athlete will get a 68 with no round up.

Trying to justify breaking rules bc someone else did is BS! A persons integrity and reputation should mean more to that person than that. We should hold each other in this sport higher bc alot of this is self governed like golf. The info rule is clear and he knowingly broke it and without a doubt it's not the first time much less the snagging incident. So great guy or not he should find a new career bc a cheater is a cheater and being the one that got caught isn't an excuse! It's a cop out.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide