H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by HookaToad
J.P. in the name of all that is Holy please shut this down....

I said I would close it around 7:30 pm tonight. I think I need to stick to my word.

Absolutely. I was just being tongue in cheek. You are an excellent moderator and your word is good enough for me. thumb

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Black Dallas] #14434006 07/29/22 06:31 PM
dkmore Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by black dallas
good for joe, its a darn good step in the right direction. any word from the other kid? that actually got caught?

As of this time, I have not heard from josh

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14434035 07/29/22 07:01 PM
T
TxDispatcher Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by OkAce
A lot of grown men on here ready to crucify these kids but completely dismiss what Sprague did. That’s no good imo

I don't think Sprague broke any laws that are punishable by jail time.

I was encouraged by one pro angler who immediately let a fan know that they had crossed a line a few weeks back on FB, when the fan made a simple statement about what they had been catching fish on, on the lake the pro was headed to next. He was polite about it, but firm and asked that the fan not give out information to contestants like that due to it being a rules violation to accept even unsolicited information. So the rule does work...for some folks

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I heard (this is just rumor, so not sure if it's true) that one of the boys is reaching out to make amends. And that he has offered to do community service and whatever it takes to make things right. Personally, I would have them do one year as gophers for the working man's tournament Donnie hosts. I might also have them do service time at their local Salvation Army store once a week for 100-200 hours.

Make 'em clean up trash around the ramp and parking lot, cook hotdogs for the anglers, and whatever else is asked of them within reason.

Glad to see this, and I agree with the suggestions

Originally Posted by dkmore
I wanted to provide the following update because I feel like this is worthy of giving attention to. I received a phone call from Joe Zimmerman. He went to his coach and together they called me. He was apologetic about what happened and wanted to make sure he personally gave his apology to me. After our phone call, he followed up with an email giving a formal written apology to me, the organization, and the fishing community. He offered to do some community service or make some type of public apology to the anglers and others who were affected by his actions. He asked that I not disclose his letter and I promise to honor that; however, I want it known that he did send a written formal apology. This letter doesn’t excuse his actions, but it definitely shows character for someone his age to own his actions and take responsibility.

I absolutely feel like his apology was sincere and I admire his courage to take responsibility for his actions. I commended him for calling me and making an amends. I think it shows good character despite a bad decision he made. I also think it’s important to state that Joe Zimmerman admitted to helping place fish in the basket the day before the tournament, but he didn’t fish the tournament with Josh Phillips when Josh was caught cheating.

With that, I didn’t request anything of Joe Zimmerman, but I am publicly inviting him to come to any TTO event and help so he can gain an appreciation for how tournaments are run and what happens behind the scenes.

Also, I want to address the comments and social media that has blown up over this. I can’t tell anyone what to say or how to react, but I am asking that if anyone has any comments to please keep it about the situation and not as a personal attack against these boys. Whatever your opinion, there’s no need to personally attack these kids. In my original post on the fishing forum, I just wanted to get the facts out because I didn’t want rumors to start flying and getting out of hand and I had so many phone calls with questions and I was constantly having to correct misinformation.

And glad to see that the young man reached out and is desiring to take care of business. Now I hope that those he wronged with his choice will be willing to accept the apology, AND be willing to HELP the young man correct his path. I have a feeling that he has already had some "help" from his parents lately...kudos, young man

Originally Posted by prosise
Kudos to Joe. I think he has a good group of people who care about him. This type of lesson stings, and I think that he will think about what he does in the future. My Dad always said ones character is pretty much set as a young boy, but his most common phrase was "Your know by the company you keep". I fished tourneys for 8 years in the 90's, and when I started to really get a bad taste in my mouth with all the drama, and BS associated with it I dropped it all together.

Until recently I was fishing 4 days a week purely out of passion, and learning from a mentor I met who really is a "Fish Whisperer". Sum-Buck can fish, and is really good people. We all strive to do what's right, and I am sure Joe's biggest peoblem is letting his "old man" down. That was what stuck in my head early on, what would Dad say. But I was foolish little fart as a teenager, and worked hard but I never got caught when me and my buddies were up to no good.

But our "up to no good" was having a beer, or hitting road signs with kinetic objects. Best lesson I ever was taught by my Dad was "People do what you inspect, not what you expect.". There still needs to be checks and balances. I like the idea of a random polygraph in the big tourneys. But I have been around the working mans tournament ring for many years, and to try and pull something on these guys is downright silly.

Some of the guys in my neck of the woods could go bear hunting with a switch. They are not the people to cross. When it's all said and done, I think when everyone has had time to chew it over and put yourself in the boys shoes. Learning from one's mistakes are 10 fold better than, continuing down that road. This isn't no bump in the road, my passion for fishing is pretty high. My mentor keeps telling me, you sure are "mad at 'em".

In the last few years my family has been affected by a theft, and small things like someone grabbing something I left out. Sure stings in the back of my mind, but if someone stole $ from me and I caught them, they go on the top of a permanent $hit list that typically doesn't get changed. I really encourage Joe to look the men in the eye and say your sorry. You make things right with them, and they accept your apology you have achieved something that many people would give anything for. Josh, time to man up. The longer you wait the worse it's going to be for you. Disrespectful comments to anyone your elder is not going to fly, and becoming a man is about something that only you can do.

If you need someone to help you all you have to do is ask. There is no was fighting this will come out positive for you.

Say a prayer for help, and move forward. Every choice you make in life is about "Working for the brand". You represent your family, your school, and you build your own character that others know you by. Your either "good people" , or your not.

You might be suprised at how many people who had strong words on this thread, will actually help you if you ask.

Prosise

Well stated, Prosise...and that last statement is probably far more accurate than the young man would believe if he read this thread. Now it's up to the grown men in the bass community to give the young man some direction, and help him correct the choices he has made in the past. And maybe, just maybe, it will help other young men who have been star struck by the allure of "social media fame" see that having a solid, unwavering foundation to stand on is far more important than gaining likes on a platform from people who wouldn't go a step out of their way to help you if you needed it

JP, and the rest of the moderators, keep up the good work...I don't comment very often, but love the forum and am appreciative of y'all's time that you each give to run TFF cheers

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14434107 07/29/22 08:11 PM
L
LeonSulak Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
What happened to the BassChamps alleged cheaters last year?

Last edited by LeonSulak; 07/29/22 08:12 PM.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14434111 07/29/22 08:16 PM
F
Fast Lane Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Some of you sound like you want to give him the key to the city and name a street after him🤣🤣🤣. Must be Democrats.

The bottom line is the mfers were cheating and should be in jail.and fishing license suspended for at least 5 years. His family must be rich, politicians or a judge or something because anybody else that done this would be in jail. "Equal justice under law"....doesn't exist.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: LeonSulak] #14434115 07/29/22 08:22 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by LeonSulak
What happened to the BassChamps alleged cheaters last year?

[Linked Image]

#MFGA
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14434118 07/29/22 08:22 PM
L
LeonSulak Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
I may be wrong. I thought some guys knowingly culled dead fish. It was on video or something.

Last edited by LeonSulak; 07/29/22 08:24 PM.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Tiltman] #14434120 07/29/22 08:24 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Originally Posted by butch sanders
Originally Posted by flashman252
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I guess this thread is proof that kids are too stupid to be buying guns at the age of 18. One year obviously isn’t going to make them mature enough, if they aren’t smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

And I’m on page 23…

Might have a point here.

great point
this has been fabulous

dammit once again I agree w a butch point

too stupid to buy gun, vote, drive, and just generally make good decisions

cheers
have a good weekend

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: LeonSulak] #14434122 07/29/22 08:25 PM
Chris B Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by LeonSulak
I may be wrong. I thought some guys knowingly culled dead fish. It was on video or something.

They disqualified them. I got a second check in the mail from it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14434358 07/29/22 11:35 PM
S
skeeterboud Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
last month on the coleto creek thursday eve trnmt a very similar event happened. a young kid, tyler maroney, caught a 6lb'er the day before, and a game warden saw him tie it up to a tree. well, he weighed it in and confessed the next day, but no one really wanted to prosecute. i don't understand????

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14434359 07/29/22 11:36 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
We're done with this one.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Page 27 of 27 1 2 25 26 27
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide