Forums59
Topics1,039,990
Posts13,973,683
Members144,227
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: HookaToad] #14433124 07/28/22 09:10 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by HookaToad
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Wow. Yeh. Maybe I should.

Steez I would bet if you update the software, recalibrate the motor and adjust the boat scale it will work better than new!

I will try it for sure. It’s free and can’t hurt.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: HookaToad] #14433433 07/29/22 02:30 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Tiltman
no , but mine sure seems to have to "hunt" around on spot lock these days.

For this on your remote go to boat scale and set it to -1 or -2...that fixed it for me...

Can i ask what this setting does? Seems like the last handful of trips my Powerdrive has been hunting like titlman describes. Gonna try this too

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: bockscar] #14433462 07/29/22 03:03 AM
H
HookaToad Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by bockscar

For this on your remote go to boat scale and set it to -1 or -2...that fixed it for me...

Can i ask what this setting does? Seems like the last handful of trips my Powerdrive has been hunting like titlman describes. Gonna try this too

I am sure someone has a more accurate response but as far as I understand, the boat scale is set at 0 by default and that means basically it "thinks" the boat is at least 24 feet long and "heavier" than most bass boats, so it will work "harder" and hunt more to keep it locked on a spot, so by decreasing the boat scale to -1 or -2 it decreases the need to be so abrupt or use as much thrust to keep the boat on the spot. Like I said, there is probably a better explanation but I can tell you it worked great for me.

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14433499 07/29/22 03:47 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Well. It did it again. Sporadic. New batteries, fully charged. It spot locked on the first and second attempt. It held for one hour. I moved the boat 30 ft, tapped the anchor button and it wouldn’t anchor the rest of the night.

I’m at a loss guys.

When it happens, the remote says “motor issue”. While it’s obvious, it isn’t exactly helpful. roflmao

Guess I will make a few phone calls and see if customer support can point me towards a part to replace.

I hope I don’t get a CS rep that’s sitting at a coffee shop in India.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14433505 07/29/22 03:55 AM
V
Verkeith Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
V
Well. It did it again. Sporadic. New batteries, fully charged. It spot locked on the first and second attempt. It held for one hour. I moved the boat 30 ft, tapped the anchor button and it wouldn’t anchor the rest of the night.

I’m at a loss guys.

When it happens, the remote says “motor issue”. While it’s obvious, it isn’t exactly helpful. roflmao

Guess I will make a few phone calls and see if customer support can point me towards a part to replace.

Did you update the software to both the remote and control unit(ultrex)?

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Verkeith] #14433510 07/29/22 04:08 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Verkeith

I’m at a loss guys.

Not yet…but I read the update and it only adds compatibility support for MegaLive target lock. This thing is losing GPS signals or something weird. I dunno. I’m gonna call CS tomorrow and see what they say. The parts will only be around $300 to replace the modules…worst case. So I guess I’ll buy all new circuit boards and see what happens.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14433511 07/29/22 04:12 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I did notice that when it doesn’t spot lock, the green “prop” button magically light up, but it doesn’t activate the prop. Also, when this green light is on, the momentary foot button to activate the prop is inoperable. I can push the prop button in the rear left side of the pedal and the light turns off, and it becomes essentially a Fortrex at that point. Everything but spot lock.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14433530 07/29/22 05:04 AM
V
Verkeith Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
V

I’m at a loss guys.

Not yet…but I read the update and it only adds compatibility support for MegaLive target lock. This thing is losing GPS signals or something weird. I dunno. I’m gonna call CS tomorrow and see what they say. The parts will only be around $300 to replace the modules…worst case. So I guess I’ll buy all new circuit boards and see what happens.

Just fyi, if you've never updated the software, there were updates prior to mega live. The latest and greatest includes previous updates. So you still need to update the software for both.

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: HookaToad] #14433534 07/29/22 05:31 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
My old Terrova would over correct and would throw you out of the boat. I traded it for a 24v and problem solved. 36v was just too much trolling motor for my boat. I did make the boat size adjustments and it does work. The negative to that was that when it kicked on, it took forever to build up speed. Going to the less powerful motor was the best for me and I can still use it all day and never run out of juice.

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14433536 07/29/22 05:38 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Sounds like a board. I know I had my trolling motor in the shop and taking it back tomorrowto see if it's financially viable to repair or replace. When they took the bottom housing off, the showed signs of water damage inside. I think it probably came from the built in transducer as I keep hearing people with MKs having water damage in there but on mine the motor was not even turning until you hit #4 on the dial. I just put a new motor on my boat and don't really feel like putting another few grand into something that doesn't last. Seriously thinking of giving up spotlock and going back to an old style or maybe check the other brands and see if it is just a MK issue.

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14433582 07/29/22 11:50 AM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Verkieth can you outline how to update ? I am sure mine is no where near current

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Verkeith] #14433583 07/29/22 11:51 AM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

I’m at a loss guys.

Just fyi, if you've never updated the software, there were updates prior to mega live. The latest and greatest includes previous updates. So you still need to update the software for both.

Ok. I’ll try it this evening.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14433694 07/29/22 01:54 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Steez , clear your PM’s

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: HookaToad] #14433968 07/29/22 05:53 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by bockscar

I am sure someone has a more accurate response but as far as I understand, the boat scale is set at 0 by default and that means basically it "thinks" the boat is at least 24 feet long and "heavier" than most bass boats, so it will work "harder" and hunt more to keep it locked on a spot, so by decreasing the boat scale to -1 or -2 it decreases the need to be so abrupt or use as much thrust to keep the boat on the spot. Like I said, there is probably a better explanation but I can tell you it worked great for me.

🙏 thank you sir!

Much appreciate this response and might be my exact problem...especially since ive never really been happy with my spot lock. Im fishing out of a 17foot tin rig! Thanks for the explanation and ill start messing with that and hope it dials my spot lock in!

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Frank the Tank] #14433981 07/29/22 06:07 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Steez , clear your PM’s

Got rid of a few.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread