Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 24 of 27 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: txmasterpo] #14433275 07/28/22 11:50 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Buncha silly prideful mother [censored] on this thread....I'm 35 year LEO and if you think a several hundred dollar ticket, a ruined name, and zero opportunity to fish for their school or really any other adult trail forever isn't harsh enough for two 17 year old, go [censored] yourself! They're kids, did a dumb kid thing, were punished....14 pages of righteousness though soap

I agree 100%, they are kids and what they did was stupid. I'd bet every person on here has done some pretty stupid stuff in their life. They've been punished enough, they didn't hurt anyone, and a lot on here I'm betting have done worse. Remember that the next time some of you on here have 3 or 4 beers and drive home.

To the two young men, learn from your mistakes and move on in life. It's not the end of the world and I can promise you many on here have done worse and never got caught whether it was cheating, driving after having a few drinks but didn't caught, or whatever. I ran a high school club for three years and can assure you there were plenty of cheaters. We had a team turn another team in and not one thing was done about it, zero. The high and mighty group are full of [censored]. I'm all for punishing them but not making them out as criminals with a permanent record. For those of you who think otherwise how many times could you have been made a criminal with a record had you had a little bad luck and gotten caught.

Last edited by C130; 07/29/22 12:03 AM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: txmasterpo] #14433281 07/28/22 11:59 PM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Buncha silly prideful mother [censored] on this thread....I'm 35 year LEO and if you think a several hundred dollar ticket, a ruined name, and zero opportunity to fish for their school or really any other adult trail forever isn't harsh enough for two 17 year old, go [censored] yourself! They're kids, did a dumb kid thing, were punished....14 pages of righteousness though soap

You need to clean up your language also on here or get banned from posting completely. You are as pathetic as the boys that cheated. Same class act.

Last edited by ezbassin; 07/29/22 12:05 AM.
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: C130] #14433284 07/29/22 12:02 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by C130

I agree 100%, they are kids and what they did was stupid. I'd bet every person on here has done some pretty stupid stuff in their life. They've been punished enough, they didn't hurt anyone, and a lot on here I'm betting have done worse. Remember that the next time some of you on here have 3 or 4 beers and drive home.

I agree with the young age there should be some grace, but I am willing to bet most that fish tournaments have never premeditated a plan to steal prize money. If they would have fished off limit waters, forgot to cull, did not fasten a PFC or kill switch those are examples of mistakes.

There should be grace given their ages, but the premeditated planning makes it hard things to look at as just a "youthful mistake". I am curious if an adult was in on this as well or who gave them the idea.

Forgiveness is a must, but many will never forget it.

#MFGA
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: txmasterpo] #14433287 07/29/22 12:06 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

No, no, don’t hold back. We want to know how you really feel…..

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Douglas J] #14433289 07/29/22 12:06 AM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Douglas J

I agree with the young age there should be some grace, but I am willing to bet most that fish tournaments have never premeditated a plan to steal prize money. If they would have fished off limit waters, forgot to cull, did not fasten a PFC or kill switch those are examples of mistakes.

There should be grace given their ages, but the premeditated planning makes it hard things to look at as just a "youthful mistake". I am curious if an adult was in on this as well or who gave them the idea.

I agree, maybe not their first time, I'd bet is wasn't. Public shaming is probably the best, cruelest, form of punishment they can ever get. A criminal record would serve zero purpose, provide zero benefit, and hurt their lives forever. TPWD did the absolute right thing in my opinion, the captain made a very wise decision.

Last edited by C130; 07/29/22 12:08 AM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433291 07/29/22 12:09 AM
ToadSnatcher14 Offline
Team Slot Fish
Team Slot Fish
Hope everyone has a good evening.

Life will go on.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: C130] #14433292 07/29/22 12:10 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

I agree, maybe not heir first time, I'd bet is wasn't. Public shaming is probably the best, cruelest, form of punishment they can ever get. A criminal record would serve zero purpose, provide zero benefit, and hurt their lives forever. TPWD did the absolute right thing in my opinion.

Some type of penance to the fishing community they harmed and want to maybe be a part of in the future. Hopefully this will be a learning point in their young lives.

#MFGA
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433302 07/29/22 12:29 AM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Everyone who has an opinion has now had an opportunity to state it. We're going to leave this open another 24 hours, then lock it (thread will be closed around 7:30 pm tomorrow). If there's an important update on this topic after it has been closed that you think needs to be posted, please contact a moderator for approval.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14433308 07/29/22 12:32 AM
B
BrandoA Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Everyone who has an opinion has now had an opportunity to state it. We're going to leave this open another 24 hours, then lock it (thread will be closed around 7:30 pm tomorrow). If there's an important update on this topic after it has been closed that you think needs to be posted, please contact a moderator for approval.

Good call

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: J.P. Greeson] #14433320 07/29/22 12:43 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

I can just imagine the guy who called for it to be locked a few days ago, standing in his yard yelling at the moon

#MFGA
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Douglas J] #14433342 07/29/22 12:59 AM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J

I can just imagine the guy who called for it to be locked a few days ago, standing in his yard yelling at the moon

Nope, no calls to lock it other than the posts in this thread.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: ezbassin] #14433411 07/29/22 02:00 AM
T
tsubrett Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by ezbassin

You need to clean up your language also on here or get banned from posting completely. You are as pathetic as the boys that cheated. Same class act.

20 plus pages of thrashing some high school kids and this is what gets you fired up? They messed up and are paying the ultimate price just in an unorthodox way.. Txmasterpo, thank u for your service in law enforcement. Karen, I mean ezbassin, if u think cursing online is in the same class as cheating, u live in a bubble.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Bruce Allen] #14433428 07/29/22 02:22 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
Before you lock: you all have covered nearly every opinion on this subject.

Unless the TD follows up with TPWD and gets a different result more to what you all want to see happen it is dead issue.

Now lock it!

[Linked Image]

#MFGA
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14433435 07/29/22 02:32 AM
H
Hardheadfish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
So how did they get DQ at Texoma

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Douglas J] #14433446 07/29/22 02:40 AM
R
Rescue Fire Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R

This Doug fella interests me. This post he made is very insightful and thoughtful. I think I must fish with him in the future.

Page 24 of 27 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 27
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide