Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,962,002
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Tiltman] #14432187 07/28/22 12:23 AM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Tiltman
on spot lock low wind but not calm , drifts off then over corrects in all directions.

I would buy a new and improved one they day they became available. You know with the Raptor done they gotta be working on the next gen TM

The first one I had on my ranger locked on a spot real good, the one I have on cat does exactly what you describe. It's like it has a mind of it's own some days.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: WAWI] #14432282 07/28/22 02:22 AM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by WAWI
on spot lock low wind but not calm , drifts off then over corrects in all directions.

I would buy a new and improved one they day they became available. You know with the Raptor done they gotta be working on the next gen TM

The first one I had on my ranger locked on a spot real good, the one I have on cat does exactly what you describe. It's like it has a mind of it's own some days.

Mine would do the same thing and almost throw you out of the boat when it overcorrected. After I adjusted the boat scale to -1 with the remote, problem solved and it works perfectly. Cant remember who told me to set it at -1 or -2 to fix the problem but it sure did.

Good Fishing and God Bless

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Tiltman] #14432305 07/28/22 03:06 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by HookaToad
no , but mine sure seems to have to "hunt" around on spot lock these days.

For this on your remote go to boat scale and set it to -1 or -2...that fixed it for me...

K will do , on remote correct ?

Chris recalibrate it using the remote

#MFGA
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: flashman252] #14432358 07/28/22 08:50 AM
cjbles Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by flashman252

The only thing mine does is goes backwards like 10 feet when I hit the button and then corrects itself but stays pretty true to that exact spot. The 10 feet backwards thing is sometimes really annoying lol.

Thats because you are heading forward when hitting the spot lock button. The ultra spot locks you onto the spot where you hit the button. Took me awhile but finally figured it out and I get myself into position before hitting it.

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432439 07/28/22 12:24 PM
David Welcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I bought mine in August of 2018, after about 20 months I had the same issue. I contacted Borris Electronics and they said that there was some issues with the mother board chip that is in the foot pedal. I took it up there, they had the replacement, and they pulled it apart and replaced it while I watched. It's an easy fix that even Cool Hand Luke could do. Call Borris, give them the serial number off the TM - that will tell them if that is part of that series that had the issue, serial number is on the underside of the foot pedal, they can get the part and ship it to you, Minn Kota might even warrant the part because it is a known issue as they replaced mine free of charge, but Don Borris will be able to check all that out. Hope this helps.

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: David Welcher] #14432453 07/28/22 12:34 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by David Welcher
I bought mine in August of 2018, after about 20 months I had the same issue. I contacted Borris Electronics and they said that there was some issues with the mother board chip that is in the foot pedal. I took it up there, they had the replacement, and they pulled it apart and replaced it while I watched. It's an easy fix that even Cool Hand Luke could do. Call Borris, give them the serial number off the TM - that will tell them if that is part of that series that had the issue, serial number is on the underside of the foot pedal, they can get the part and ship it to you, Minn Kota might even warrant the part because it is a known issue as they replaced mine free of charge, but Don Borris will be able to check all that out. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up. I am gonna see how it goes tonight. Ill make decisions then.

I have replaced the steering sensor already. But that was a totally different issue.

They are a love/hate part of the boat sometimes. cheers

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432541 07/28/22 01:35 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Only issue I've had with mine, is I waited too long to buy the thing....

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: cjbles] #14432663 07/28/22 02:42 PM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
Originally Posted by cjbles
Originally Posted by flashman252

The only thing mine does is goes backwards like 10 feet when I hit the button and then corrects itself but stays pretty true to that exact spot. The 10 feet backwards thing is sometimes really annoying lol.

Thats because you are heading forward when hitting the spot lock button. The ultra spot locks you onto the spot where you hit the button. Took me awhile but finally figured it out and I get myself into position before hitting it.

Truth

“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than to be a success at something I hate”

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432727 07/28/22 03:49 PM
Der Vorsteher Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
It could just be old and wore out.

Team Wolfs
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: WAWI] #14432896 07/28/22 05:59 PM
ToadSnatcher14 Offline
Team Slot Fish
Team Slot Fish
Originally Posted by WAWI

That’s because you went from an Aircraft carrier to a Destroyer.

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432937 07/28/22 06:34 PM
V
Verkeith Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
V
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
It works fine…if it was a Fortrex. It doesn’t spot lock, it doesn’t activate the “N” button either. It will allow the “prop” button to control the continuous prop function. The pedal works, the momentary prop button works.

Basically NO GPS related functions. The remote will find the trolling motor, then say “motor issue” on the screen and then not allow spot lock through the remote either. I tried the remote, since I figured it must be a button on the pedal issue. It isn’t.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don’t.

Anyone had this happen yet? Or am I the only lucky fool?

Maybe someone has mention this already, but have you updated the software for both the remote and ultrex control unit.

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: Verkeith] #14432939 07/28/22 06:36 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Verkeith
It works fine…if it was a Fortrex. It doesn’t spot lock, it doesn’t activate the “N” button either. It will allow the “prop” button to control the continuous prop function. The pedal works, the momentary prop button works.

Basically NO GPS related functions. The remote will find the trolling motor, then say “motor issue” on the screen and then not allow spot lock through the remote either. I tried the remote, since I figured it must be a button on the pedal issue. It isn’t.

Maybe someone has mention this already, but have you updated the software for both the remote and ultrex control unit.

I haven’t. I didn’t know there was an update. I’ll look into that.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432941 07/28/22 06:39 PM
V
Verkeith Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
V
Originally Posted by Verkeith

I haven’t. I didn’t know there was an update. I’ll look into that.

Yes, definitely an update...especially if you've never updated either. I just updated my remote to the latest and greatest software that was updated on 7/6/22

Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432967 07/28/22 07:02 PM
S
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Wow. Yeh. Maybe I should.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Anyone had this issue with their Ultrex yet? [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14432999 07/28/22 07:37 PM
H
HookaToad Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
H
Wow. Yeh. Maybe I should.

Steez I would bet if you update the software, recalibrate the motor and adjust the boat scale it will work better than new!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide