texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Campbell990, Babin, Fourbros, Shore, dstidham89
117233 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 109,125
hopalong 106,167
Pilothawk 82,054
Bigbob_FTW 82,001
John175☮ 81,759
Derek 🐝 67,687
JDavis7873 67,408
Mark Perry 65,989
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,140,023
Posts15,532,607
Members142,233
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Trucking technology [Re: Allison1] #14405206 06/26/22 07:36 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,085
Pinkus Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,085
Junk, These are further off than any of these companies want to have their investors and the federal gooberment believing. We are a long ways away from these multi million dollar “toys” from ever being cost effective enough to replace a middle class worker..

Re: Trucking technology [Re: Allison1] #14405426 06/27/22 12:13 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,740
buda13 Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,740
I’m going to the Kenworth tech center in a few weeks for an EV Trucking conference… I don’t know all the specifics of the grants and such yet, but we’re being told that with government incentives the EV trucks will be substantially less expensive than regular diesel models. Looking forward to learning about all of it, we get a full day class on all things EV and then get to drive every model of EV Truck they make on the 2 mike high bank test track.
Whether we like it or not it’s the direction we’re being forced to go. Self driving tech still has a long way to go, but will absolutely hurt the OTR sector…. Self driving vehicles won’t have to follow HOS regulations.


Lake Worth Wednesday Night Tournaments
100% Payback PLUS the below
$60 First out of the money
$40 second place Big Bass
Anglers Pro Tackle Bonus
Sucklebusters Smoking Hot Bag bonus for 2nd out of the money
https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14376727#Post14376727

Re: Trucking technology [Re: buda13] #14405448 06/27/22 12:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,085
Pinkus Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,085
Originally Posted by buda13
I’m going to the Kenworth tech center in a few weeks for an EV Trucking conference… I don’t know all the specifics of the grants and such yet, but we’re being told that with government incentives the EV trucks will be substantially less expensive than regular diesel models. Looking forward to learning about all of it, we get a full day class on all things EV and then get to drive every model of EV Truck they make on the 2 mike high bank test track.
Whether we like it or not it’s the direction we’re being forced to go. Self driving tech still has a long way to go, but will absolutely hurt the OTR sector…. Self driving vehicles won’t have to follow HOS regulations.



Careful, remember the gooberment was handed out all our tax dollars on the cng/lng [censored] and that was a bust.. Most of those fleets who jumped on those gooberment checks are back on diesel or bankrupt and out of buisness.. I’m not saying it’s not where we are headed in the future, but I’m not putting my livelihood on the line until it’s proven ev is a viable alternative in moving freight..

Re: Trucking technology [Re: Allison1] #14405585 06/27/22 10:42 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,740
buda13 Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,740
We’re just under 3000 trucks nationwide, so no decision will be made in haste….very curious to learn the actual facts about all of this versus the 3rd party info that’s floating around.


Lake Worth Wednesday Night Tournaments
100% Payback PLUS the below
$60 First out of the money
$40 second place Big Bass
Anglers Pro Tackle Bonus
Sucklebusters Smoking Hot Bag bonus for 2nd out of the money
https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14376727#Post14376727

Re: Trucking technology [Re: Allison1] #14405621 06/27/22 11:48 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,860
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,860
My dad works for International in Fort Worth. They hosted 2 demo days for their EV truck last week. My dad is towards the end of his career and has moved mostly to an instructor position. Some company wanted to buy their demo truck and wants to replace their small fleet.

Re: Trucking technology [Re: Allison1] #14405843 06/27/22 02:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,740
buda13 Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,740
Some info about EV autonomous trucks being tested in the OP’s video below…

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/einride-gets-nhtsa-approval-test-driverless-pods-us-roads


Lake Worth Wednesday Night Tournaments
100% Payback PLUS the below
$60 First out of the money
$40 second place Big Bass
Anglers Pro Tackle Bonus
Sucklebusters Smoking Hot Bag bonus for 2nd out of the money
https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14376727#Post14376727

Re: Trucking technology [Re: SteezMacQueen] #14405846 06/27/22 03:02 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,690
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,690
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Self-drive has the potential to put a lot of people out of work.

They won’t lose jobs. They’ll be loaders and unloader now.


Alot of drivers, especially otr do not touch freight. They pull up, open the back and watch you. Lift gate service is extra and then it gets deposited in parking lot. With what otr guys get paid I dont see how companies like bek and sysco hire anyone at all. Those guys will move 2000 to 3000 cases a run on a damn dolly. Very physical work.

Re: Trucking technology [Re: buda13] #14405847 06/27/22 03:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,504
Allison1 Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,504
Originally Posted by buda13
Some info about EV autonomous trucks being tested in the OP’s video below…

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/einride-gets-nhtsa-approval-test-driverless-pods-us-roads

Transport Topics is a good rag. Many of the trucking firms I delivered to got them regularly.


Re: Trucking technology [Re: Allison1] #14405923 06/27/22 04:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 20,151
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 20,151
I would think the liability issue has to be huge.


[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
U.F.I.

Re: Trucking technology [Re: T Bird] #14405933 06/27/22 04:25 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,690
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,690
Originally Posted by T Bird
I would think the liability issue has to be huge.


Check rates for trucking now, it's always been a liability nightmare. I suspect nobody gets sued as much as trucking does

Re: Trucking technology [Re: hopalong] #14405935 06/27/22 04:27 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,573
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
R
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,573
Originally Posted by hopalong
Dallas to ca? Low traffic?

Flagstaff in winter, sudden snow storm, can't wait to see that on the news.

Another assinine idea from those who think they can force change.


Solutions without problems create more problems.

The main thing information technology people care about is creating new and different information technology. Does it matter if it is actually an improvement and the end users really prefer it? Not necessarily.

Of course companies like Walmart are going to go for it. They have us scan and sack our own merchandise now so they don't have to pay and provide benefits to employees. What's next, cutting our own meat or picking our own produce?

This is a stupid idea. People will die because of it if fully implemented.

Re: Trucking technology [Re: Razorback] #14405941 06/27/22 04:32 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,690
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,690

Originally Posted by Razorback
Originally Posted by hopalong
Dallas to ca? Low traffic?

Flagstaff in winter, sudden snow storm, can't wait to see that on the news.

Another assinine idea from those who think they can force change.


Solutions without problems create more problems.

The main thing information technology people care about is creating new and different information technology. Does it matter if it is actually an improvement and the end users really prefer it? Not necessarily.

Of course companies like Walmart are going to go for it. They have us scan and sack our own merchandise now so they don't have to pay and provide benefits to employees. What's next, cutting our own meat or picking our own produce?

This is a stupid idea. People will die because of it if fully implemented.


I used to not like self checkout. I have grown fond of it, I find that interaction with cashiers at walmart did not improve my day and I do not miss them

Re: Trucking technology [Re: Razorback] #14405942 06/27/22 04:34 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,528
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,528
I guess they could get rid of pilots while they are at it, self flying planes, I will take the bus, no wait, it will be self driving too, we are screwed.


[Linked Image]
Re: Trucking technology [Re: Happykamper] #14405951 06/27/22 04:42 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,690
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 33,690
Originally Posted by Happykamper
I guess they could get rid of pilots while they are at it, self flying planes, I will take the bus, no wait, it will be self driving too, we are screwed.


Who would you yell at when one of your trucks flips.... lol that would be the frustrating part

Re: Trucking technology [Re: Allison1] #14406026 06/27/22 05:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,654
T
Techfisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,654
921 is spot on about our infrastructure being insufficient. Can you imagine plugging in a million EV's in Dallas lets say...and the grid is already overloaded from cooling demands, production demands, etc. Brownouts for sure and probably grid failures somewhere along the line. EV's sound great and all but we have nowhere near the needed infrastructure to support them, there is no infrastructure in homes yet, and at the rate we keep shutting down power plants just where is that electricity coming from..??? Maybe electricity will magically appear because the environmentalists demand it...:)

We won't be energy independent until the aliens return that manipulated our DNA eons ago to check up on us. Hopefully they will share their unlimited power sources with us...:)

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3