Forums59
Topics1,040,589
Posts13,983,941
Members144,241
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: Douglas J] #14404933 06/26/22 01:31 PM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by SC-001
Surprised there has not been more of these this year with the economy right now, I know Timmy Horton announced few months back also...

https://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/22458/morgenthaler-retires-from-elite-series

I don’t think your narrative is correct- the economy is still better than it’s been at many points in the past 20 years. This guy was a journeyman and was ready to move on.

With record inflation and record fuel prices a good economy is totally irrelevent for the guys out there that aren't wealthy in the Elites. The last time we had high fuel prices it got a lot of them but this time the high fuel prices are coupled with record inflation this round may put more of them on the sidelines than ever before. If you look at the economy through the eyes of the current administration the economy does look good but that is because everyone is paying record prices for everything. Is it good? Its according to who you ask. My back pocket; where it count for the majority of us, is telling me it isn't.

I respectively disagree. The anglers who have good corporate sponsors will be okay, the corporate world has made record profits across the board for the past 2 years or so and there is a lot of money to go around.

Now the newer guys and the ones with hometown sponsorships will likely struggle.

Just because you and I may be struggling with this economy, there are many people and corporations who are killing it.

Mr, I'm also starting and running a business right now and that is being hit as well. There's this thing called shipping cost and that is going to hit the sponsors at every point in there manufacturing process which may cause them to cut advertising/promtional cost.. Record profits, again that comes from who you ask or better than that who is telling it and why for political gain.The last time we had record inflation and high gas prices that nearly put FLW out of business because of sponsor loss.

Last edited by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50); 06/26/22 01:39 PM.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)] #14404948 06/26/22 02:02 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
[quote=grandbassslayer][quote=SC-001]Surprised there has not been more of these this year with the economy right now, I know Timmy Horton announced few months back also...

https://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/22458/morgenthaler-retires-from-elite-series

I don’t think your narrative is correct- the economy is still better than it’s been at many points in the past 20 years. This guy was a journeyman and was ready to move on.

With record inflation and record fuel prices a good economy is totally irrelevent for the guys out there that aren't wealthy in the Elites. The last time we had high fuel prices it got a lot of them but this time the high fuel prices are coupled with record inflation this round may put more of them on the sidelines than ever before. If you look at the economy through the eyes of the current administration the economy does look good but that is because everyone is paying record prices for everything. Is it good? Its according to who you ask. My back pocket; where it count for the majority of us, is telling me it isn't.

Mr, I'm also starting and running a business right now and that is being hit as well. There's this thing called shipping cost and that is going to hit the sponsors at every point in there manufacturing process which may cause them to cut advertising/promtional cost.. Record profits, again that comes from who you ask or better than that who is telling it and why for political gain.The last time we had record inflation and high gas prices that nearly put FLW out of business because of sponsor loss.

The last time we had a recession it wasn't preceded by the most profitable 2 years in history for most corporations in America.

Like I said earlier it's hard for "us" to see the amount of money that has been made and is still being made by many people in this country.

The fishing industry is booming even with the worst inflation we have seen in 40+ years.

This is a bump in the road and we will all make it through it.

Oh, and you don't have to call me Mr, Mr the whole world calls me Hank cowboy

#MFGA
Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: Douglas J] #14404955 06/26/22 02:16 PM
O
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O
[quote=grandbassslayer][quote=SC-001]Surprised there has not been more of these this year with the economy right now, I know Timmy Horton announced few months back also...

The last time we had a recession it wasn't preceded by the most profitable 2 years in history for most corporations in America.

Like I said earlier it's hard for "us" to see the amount of money that has been made and is still being made by many people in this country.

The fishing industry is booming even with the worst inflation we have seen in 40+ years.

This is a bump in the road and we will all make it through it.

Oh, and you don't have to call me Mr, Mr the whole world calls me Hank cowboy
That is the silver lining in all of this, it will bounce back, if you invest just be ready. There's money to be made out of all of this.

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: SC-001] #14404956 06/26/22 02:19 PM
F
fishnfireman Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F

The next two years will disprove that.

Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: fishnfireman] #14404959 06/26/22 02:27 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by fishnfireman

Hopefully after November some things will change and we can get this thing back between the ditches

#MFGA
Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: Douglas J] #14404966 06/26/22 02:36 PM
O
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
O

Hopefully after November some things will change and we can get this thing back between the ditches

For sure.....

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: Douglas J] #14404981 06/26/22 02:55 PM
F
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F

Hopefully. Sad thing-- takes a lot longer right a ship than sink it.

Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: SC-001] #14405007 06/26/22 03:24 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
maybe the heat had something to do with it

[Linked Image]

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: fishnfireman] #14405034 06/26/22 03:59 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Hopefully. Sad thing-- takes a lot longer right a ship than sink it.

I suppose we could be in different realms financially, but I do not see the outlook as bleak as you.

I think the world and the fishing world will both be okay.

#MFGA
Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: SC-001] #14405099 06/26/22 05:26 PM
F
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
I suppose we could be in different realms financially,
balloons
Aren't we special !

Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: fishnfireman] #14405114 06/26/22 05:51 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
I suppose we could be in different realms financially,
balloons
Aren't we special !

I suppose you could be

#MFGA
Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: SC-001] #14405273 06/26/22 09:09 PM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
I was looking at the results from this weekend’s Toyota Series on James River. A guy from Texas finished like 10th out of 200 boats. He won $4k but entry alone is $2k? Now add in travel expenses (Virginia ain’t close) and this guy probably lost money. I understand various sponsors pay, to some degree, a little money but this is a minor league circuit. Are these just guys with rich parents and old retired guys playing pro Angler 5-10 weeks a year? Looking at the profit /loss, with these gas prices, what’s the end point here?

Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: yamaha runner] #14405277 06/26/22 09:14 PM
W
wabash2015 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Originally Posted by yamaha runner
I was looking at the results from this weekend’s Toyota Series on James River. A guy from Texas finished like 10th out of 200 boats. He won $4k but entry alone is $2k? Now add in travel expenses (Virginia ain’t close) and this guy probably lost money. I understand various sponsors pay, to some degree, a little money but this is a minor league circuit. Are these just guys with rich parents and old retired guys playing pro Angler 5-10 weeks a year? Looking at the profit /loss, with these gas prices, what’s the end point here?

Most dudes who try to do this lose their [censored] financially. They either have rich parents/family or own their own successful business.

Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: wabash2015] #14405294 06/26/22 09:32 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by wabash2015
Originally Posted by yamaha runner

Most dudes who try to do this lose their [censored] financially. They either have rich parents/family or own their own successful business.

The easiest way to be a millionaire as a pro fisherman is to start with $3 million.

#MFGA
Re: Another pro angler calls it quits [Re: lconn4] #14405325 06/26/22 09:52 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by lconn4
maybe the heat had something to do with it

[Linked Image]

MOTO!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index