RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Jons3825
Originally Posted by Indianation65
Good grief, can't you cats read?????

You are giving your opinion that a baptism to a child is meaningless, and that as that child grows and becomes a teen and adult, it's still has no meaning.

Why don't you read what I wrote?

A baptism, sprinkling or dunk, has significance to the "individual."

explain how someone who can not think, choose, survive on their own and make the choice?

Whether you say it does not because you "think it doesn't, or even read it, baptism still means something to an individual.

again how does a newborn even know hat is going on?

I'm one of them. I was baptized as a baby, and it means/meant the world to me that my parents chose it for me, and I accepted it as I grew to be a spiritual Christian and Catholic.

and I challenge that you had no clue and might not have a clue today, but kudos to you for YOUR PESONAL beliefs. Not every other person in the world, much less a fishing forum shares your feelings

You guys just want to be "right," and you want to convince others they are wrong, but you won't, not anymore then I can convince you the world is flat.

you asked for input, it was provided and you now throw a fit... No one is trying to change your belief, but share their own belief at the request of YOU OP.

You attempts of persuasion are tantamount to an atheist who tries to convince a Christian that there is no god/God!

your lack of comprehension in this thread is tantamount to a toddler throwing a tantrum because you asked for a juice box and it was not your favorite one

...+++

Ok, I will put it in more plain English... tell me what is known, special, meaningful to a 2 week old? What choice do they have? What decision did they make? How did they commit their life to Christ? Good grief yourself.. can't you understand yourself?

Next time you make a post like this, you should word it " Question for random group of people on a fishing forum, can you pretty please give me my thought and opinion"... clearly you do not want to solicit others thoughts and opinions on a given topic.

To maybe add some clarity . . . I think.

The argument for significance by those other than NDN is there is no real spiritual significance toward salvation. There are no Biblical writings or teachings that support the sprinkling, or washing an infants head as a path to salvation. Again, the key word here is spiritual or even Heavenly. There is no instruction toward this type of ceremony or even mention of it in Scripture and definitely the baby is not sealed unto salvation (as that would eliminate a personal choice to follow Jesus with an understanding of redemption by the death and resurrection of an unblemished Lamb of God.

The significance that Indian65 seems (to me) to be putting forth is that it is important to the parents (to which I agree). I've been in many services where an infant is "dedicated" to the Lord, where they are prayed over, some anointed with oil, and all this at a very young age where there is no ability of the infant to even remember the ceremony. But in all situations this was symbolic to the parents and all who were emotionally and spiritually involved with the infant. Does this make that baby "saved"? No, not in my opinion or understanding of scripture.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14401833 06/23/22 11:26 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Here are some thoughts IN65. Pretty sure both of our churches are in sync on this one.

https://www.livinglutheran.org/2017/01/why-infant-baptism/

And here

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14401835 06/23/22 11:29 AM
B
Bass&More Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
[Linked Image]

popcorn peep

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14402063 06/23/22 02:21 PM
H
Hook'Em 79 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
H
My wife grew up catholic, she is absolutely convinced they are not Christian’s.

That said,I agree with what was said earlier, if you believe Jesus Christ died for our sins and that one day he is coming back then you are a Christian and will be saved.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Bass&More] #14402073 06/23/22 02:28 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Bass&More
[Linked Image]

popcorn peep

roflmao

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Bass&More] #14402082 06/23/22 02:32 PM
J
Jonah's View Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Bass&More
[Linked Image]

popcorn peep

YIKES!!!... glad I never had kids, I don’t care who ya are if ya treated my baby like this the whooping would change the way ya walked... just saying... lol

Maranatha !
Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14402111 06/23/22 02:46 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
I
Mr. P921,
I am/was not mad last night that anyone gave an opinion.
I was frustrated because a couple forum brothers would not acknowledge and accept the opinions of others, including mine.

It's all good.

Again forum brothers of all faiths or non-faiths, I appreciate you all.

I truly appreciate your contributions.

The purpose of the topic was not really about baptizing, but about Catholics as Christians.
I am, we are, Catholics are Christians even though a segment of people have the "opinion" they aren't, or their "wives" do, and it's all good.

When each of our times of death come, we will know what was and wasn't! Blessings to the members of the TFForum!

Addendum: Keep the opinions coming if you have them...I'm sure you do! IN65/joe

...+++

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Zipster] #14402119 06/23/22 02:54 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Zipster
Denominations are Man's creation. If you believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and then rose again, you are a Christian.

It's really that simple. "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

And...

"Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."

There's also John 3:16 for a cliff notes version of what being a Christian is.

Re: Question for the Christian Men [Re: Indianation65] #14402121 06/23/22 02:54 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Indianation65
Mr. P921,
I am/was not mad last night that anyone gave an opinion.
I was frustrated because a couple forum brothers would not acknowledge and accept the opinions of others, including mine.

It's all good.

Again forum brothers of all faiths or non-faiths, I appreciate you all.

I truly appreciate your contributions.

The purpose of the topic was not really about baptizing, but about Catholics as Christians.
I am, we are, Catholics are Christians even though a segment of people have the "opinion" they aren't, or their "wives" do, and it's all good.

When each of our times of death come, we will know what was and wasn't! Blessings to the members of the TFForum!

Addendum: Keep the opinions coming if you have them...I'm sure you do! IN65/joe

...+++

yep and I hope Jesus comes sooner than later. Yep fun times coming when he comes back for us

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide