Re: LED strips for bow lights [Re: speedcrawler] #14396138 06/16/22 11:51 PM
S
scottsoutdoorworld Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted by speedcrawler
Originally Posted by Dbrit83
I put mine above the rub rail, I have not had any issues with the light when fishing (that could be down to the angle of the hull above the rail). I am good at getting into trees etc and have had no issues with them in the two years they have been installed still very happy I did it...... now just to get the light on the power poles grin

Man, I wish I had power poles. I have a Talon and was planning to get the light attachment through Russell Marine but they discontinued it. I can't find anyone else that makes a light made to attach to the top of the Talon. Mines an older Talon. Probably 1st or 2nd gen. Came with boat when I bought it used. I was actually going to post it on here to see if anyone knew where to get one made for the Talon. I'm trying to figure out how to get it done, though.

take the light off your factory pole the black part then drill a hole in the cap off your talon then jb weld it in run a new wire and you just saved 80 bucks thats what i did and works fine and looks factory

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: LED strips for bow lights [Re: speedcrawler] #14398622 06/20/22 02:58 AM
Jons3825 Online Happy
" Mod Alert"
Online Happy
" Mod Alert"
As was said above (and I bet there will be plenty that say " I've done this way for years" or " I've been stopped/checked by the GW with no issues)) the LED strips are NOT USCG approved. Meaning if there is an accident, your boat will not be in compliance. If you fish bigger tourneys that require " all state and federal laws, be followed" you will be in violation, and someone can protest you for not complying. I installed the Taco Marine lights as well, little pricy but well worth it. I still carry both pole lights for just in case. I have the anchor light mounted to my talon and the nav lights in the rub rail.

[Linked Image]
PM me for diving info or for recovery quote's.
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Originally Posted by Brad
I will be back. I'm never truly gone
Re: LED strips for bow lights [Re: scottsoutdoorworld] #14398624 06/20/22 03:00 AM
Jons3825 Online Happy
" Mod Alert"
Online Happy
" Mod Alert"
Originally Posted by scottsoutdoorworld
Originally Posted by speedcrawler
Originally Posted by Dbrit83
I put mine above the rub rail, I have not had any issues with the light when fishing (that could be down to the angle of the hull above the rail). I am good at getting into trees etc and have had no issues with them in the two years they have been installed still very happy I did it...... now just to get the light on the power poles grin

Man, I wish I had power poles. I have a Talon and was planning to get the light attachment through Russell Marine but they discontinued it. I can't find anyone else that makes a light made to attach to the top of the Talon. Mines an older Talon. Probably 1st or 2nd gen. Came with boat when I bought it used. I was actually going to post it on here to see if anyone knew where to get one made for the Talon. I'm trying to figure out how to get it done, though.

take the light off your factory pole the black part then drill a hole in the cap off your talon then jb weld it in run a new wire and you just saved 80 bucks thats what i did and works fine and looks factory

If it is gen 1's, you can get a 12" anchor light kit from amazon that is for a pontoon, get 2 square nuts that fit the channel on the talons, and mount it that way, run the wire down the channel... Thats what I did with mine and it is on year 2 of no issues.

[Linked Image]
PM me for diving info or for recovery quote's.
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Originally Posted by Brad
I will be back. I'm never truly gone
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide