texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,030
TexDawg 119,792
Bigbob_FTW 95,334
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,356
Mark Perry 72,490
Derek 🐝 68,322
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,919
Posts13,955,360
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Eagle Mountain lake help #14397479 06/18/22 04:42 PM
B
BallpateBasher2 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
Any tips and tricks for EML? Not looking for your fishing spots, but I’ve fished the north side and south side, and can’t find anything consistent, or decent size. Anything is appreciated

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Eagle Mountain lake help [Re: BallpateBasher2] #14397997 06/19/22 01:43 PM
S
skeetmaster Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
B, right now it's just a little tough. My advice is just bite the bullet and hire a guide for one half-day outing. You'll learn more in 4 or 5 hours with them than you could learn in a year on your own. I would contact Chad Ferguson with North Texas Catfish Guide Service. He knows Eagle Mountain like the back of his hand. The price you pay for that trip will pay dividends for years to come!

Re: Eagle Mountain lake help [Re: BallpateBasher2] #14398271 06/19/22 06:17 PM
B
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
Thank you Skeetmaster, I enjoy his YouTube channel a lot. I’ll give it a go

Re: Eagle Mountain lake help [Re: BallpateBasher2] #14398439 06/19/22 10:26 PM
Z
z289sec Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Z
Off the point, by the TRWD boat house, early mornings, on the ledges, as well as the point off the end of the land leading into the dam area, from the Twin Points side. Always productive. No monsters, but consistently produces fish. Caught about a couple dozen this morning there, in about a little over an hour. When the water temp rises, it's a travel corridor for them to deeper water in both directions. Also, the point off the other end of the dam, in front on the cliff, past the buoys is also very productive, in the cooler months, for the same reason. Fish transitioning out of the coves and shallower water to the deeper waters in the middle in front of the dam, and back in. I know a lot of good winter spots, for big fish, but they aren't the best areas right now.

One other note, the thermocline is starting to build right now. It's already setting up in some of the areas that don't get much wind, like some of the marinas. It will be everywhere in the next few weeks, so you'll have to fish above it. Usually in 20-25 foot, but in deeper waters. For some reason they don't tend to gather in the waters that are shallow enough to be just above it. They like to hang out in 30-40 foot deep areas, but above the thermocline. Makes for tough fishing.

And yes, you will learn a lot from a day on the water with Chad. Plus, he's a very funny guy.

Last edited by z289sec; 06/19/22 10:40 PM.
Re: Eagle Mountain lake help [Re: z289sec] #14398525 06/20/22 12:11 AM
B
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
B
Thank you! I appreciate it

Re: Eagle Mountain lake help [Re: z289sec] #14398683 06/20/22 11:15 AM
S
skeetmaster Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted by z289sec
Off the point, by the TRWD boat house, early mornings, on the ledges, as well as the point off the end of the land leading into the dam area, from the Twin Points side. Always productive. No monsters, but consistently produces fish. Caught about a couple dozen this morning there, in about a little over an hour. When the water temp rises, it's a travel corridor for them to deeper water in both directions. Also, the point off the other end of the dam, in front on the cliff, past the buoys is also very productive, in the cooler months, for the same reason. Fish transitioning out of the coves and shallower water to the deeper waters in the middle in front of the dam, and back in. I know a lot of good winter spots, for big fish, but they aren't the best areas right now.

One other note, the thermocline is starting to build right now. It's already setting up in some of the areas that don't get much wind, like some of the marinas. It will be everywhere in the next few weeks, so you'll have to fish above it. Usually in 20-25 foot, but in deeper waters. For some reason they don't tend to gather in the waters that are shallow enough to be just above it. They like to hang out in 30-40 foot deep areas, but above the thermocline. Makes for tough fishing.

And yes, you will learn a lot from a day on the water with Chad. Plus, he's a very funny guy.

David, I totally forgot that EM is your home lake. I gotta log that into my memory banks! I've been wanting to learn it. It's about the same distance from me as Lewisville. I bet it's got the same summer problem as Lewisville.....way too many wakeboats!

Re: Eagle Mountain lake help [Re: skeetmaster] #14399617 06/21/22 01:14 AM
Z
z289sec Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Z
Originally Posted by skeetmaster
Originally Posted by z289sec

David, I totally forgot that EM is your home lake. I gotta log that into my memory banks! I've been wanting to learn it. It's about the same distance from me as Lewisville. I bet it's got the same summer problem as Lewisville.....way too many wakeboats!

Hit me up any time you wanna go out, it's a pretty easy lake to learn. As long as you get on it by sunup, you usually have 3 or 4 good hours before the jet fleas, and the wake boats show up.

Last edited by z289sec; 06/21/22 01:16 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide