Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: gdr_11] #14397462 06/18/22 04:28 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Stoped at a Dickies BBQ (I now remember why I couldn't remember why I hadn't been to one in many years) had a sliced brisket sammich on a hoagie style bun, 2 veggies and ice tea, almost $21.

Thank you Allison! flame

#MFGA
Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: Ghost4BH] #14397468 06/18/22 04:32 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
The only thing on McDonalds menu worth eating is the Egg McMuffin and Hashbrowns. Every thing else is hot garbage.

You have to put the hashbrowns on the egg mcmuffin to really reap the max benefits

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: WAWI] #14397470 06/18/22 04:34 PM
Ghost4BH Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
The only thing on McDonalds menu worth eating is the Egg McMuffin and Hashbrowns. Every thing else is hot garbage.

You have to put the hashbrowns on the egg mcmuffin to really reap the max benefits

Good point

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: WAWI] #14397481 06/18/22 04:44 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I would add that all this shock and awe at restaurant prices is surprising. When you hear about inflation where do you people think it actually hits you? You dont buy from suppliers, you dont pay trucking companies, the restaurants, gas stations, retail stores, grocery stores are the cash registers for the entire system. When you hear the price of fertilizer has gone up, cattle feed, dead chickens, etc. That's gonna land somewhere and that is at the final cash register where you spend. It's not a hard concept.

There's probably a good number of people here who didn't live thru the Carter years. This is worse IMO.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14397493 06/18/22 05:19 PM
J
JCG57 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
I would add that all this shock and awe at restaurant prices is surprising. When you hear about inflation where do you people think it actually hits you? You dont buy from suppliers, you dont pay trucking companies, the restaurants, gas stations, retail stores, grocery stores are the cash registers for the entire system. When you hear the price of fertilizer has gone up, cattle feed, dead chickens, etc. That's gonna land somewhere and that is at the final cash register where you spend. It's not a hard concept.

There's probably a good number of people here who didn't live thru the Carter years. This is worse IMO.

I survived the Carter years: even higher inflation with high unemployment. Fortunately Reagan came along to save the country. Regarding McDonalds, I think you can still get a sausage biscuit for $1.50, but don't even think about adding an egg - high rollers only!

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: WAWI] #14397495 06/18/22 05:23 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

why is it surprising if we dont buy from suppliers? Where else would we get the sticker shock if it wasnt when we get the restaurant bill? thats like saying you are surprised people are shocked at gas prices since we dont buy crude direct. Of course we are gonna be shocked when we buy 4 items and a drink at taco bell and its $14.

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: bockscar] #14397499 06/18/22 05:35 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by bockscar

why is it surprising if we dont buy from suppliers? Where else would we get the sticker shock if it wasnt when we get the restaurant bill? thats like saying you are surprised people are shocked at gas prices since we dont buy crude direct. Of course we are gonna be shocked when we buy 4 items and a drink at taco bell and its $14.

Because I assume you read, watch, consume news, it's been all over, did you think it was gonna miss you? What do you think happens when wholesale prices rise? Do you think the only thing oil affects is gas, its pervasive and hits everyone.

Last edited by WAWI; 06/18/22 05:37 PM.
Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: WAWI] #14397505 06/18/22 05:51 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Because I assume you read, watch, consume news, it's been all over, did you think it was gonna miss you? What do you think happens when wholesale prices rise? Do you think the only thing oil affects is gas, its pervasive and hits everyone.

And like I mentioned....the news is talking about 8%....not 10%+ that seem to be the new fast food norm...and definitely not the 70% that you are seeing on something like those chips and queso i talked about. $1.08+tax is way different than $1.69+tax. News is talking about 8%....damn right im gonna be shocked to pay $1.69 for something that was 99 cents as recently as a few months ago.

And I get you, I know costs are going up across the board and you either learn to swim or sink....but of course the common consumer whos a non-business owner is likely to feel the shock in those common expenses, like grabbing some McDonalds breakfast or Taco Bell....and for the convenient/instant/google it world we live in now I think eating fast food is an extremely common thing for most people/families. So of course we are gonna be shocked paying $14 for a few items when it likely wouldve been under $10 a few months ago. Hell...Taco Bell sucks! LOL but it sure was cheap.....it being cheap was about 80% of the reason I would ever get it. Aside from steak quesadillas....that place isnt what I would describe as good as much as I would it being passable! LOL

BUT...this is just the beginning too! Glad those chips and queso gave me my moment of clarity so I can start easing up on the fast food now. Im sure my body wont mind not getting those fast food gut bombs roflmao Ill post pictures of my tacos tonight!!!! cheers

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14397507 06/18/22 05:53 PM
G
gander Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
G

Agree..

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: bockscar] #14397516 06/18/22 06:07 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

And like I mentioned....the news is talking about 8%....not 10%+ that seem to be the new fast food norm...and definitely not the 70% that you are seeing on something like those chips and queso i talked about. $1.08+tax is way different than $1.69+tax. News is talking about 8%....damn right im gonna be shocked to pay $1.69 for something that was 99 cents as recently as a few months ago.

And I get you, I know costs are going up across the board and you either learn to swim or sink....but of course the common consumer whos a non-business owner is likely to feel the shock in those common expenses, like grabbing some McDonalds breakfast or Taco Bell....and for the convenient/instant/google it world we live in now I think eating fast food is an extremely common thing for most people/families. So of course we are gonna be shocked paying $14 for a few items when it likely wouldve been under $10 a few months ago. Hell...Taco Bell sucks! LOL but it sure was cheap.....it being cheap was about 80% of the reason I would ever get it. Aside from steak quesadillas....that place isnt what I would describe as good as much as I would it being passable! LOL

BUT...this is just the beginning too! Glad those chips and queso gave me my moment of clarity so I can start easing up on the fast food now. Im sure my body wont mind not getting those fast food gut bombs roflmao Ill post pictures of my tacos tonight!!!! cheers

I wouldnt drink the koolaid of the CPI. It can be smoke and mirrors . With things like gas its gets multiplied thru, gotta pay for diesel to get the fertilizer to the farmer, more diesel to get the grain planted, more diesel to get the grain to the chicken farmer, more diesel to get the chickens to the chicken processing, more diesel to get the processed chickens to the wholesalers, more diesel to get the chickens to the stores and restaurants, then we burn nat gas all day cooking it..... that's alot of diesel for a bucket of chicken....

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: gander] #14397525 06/18/22 06:18 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by gander

Agree..

more people, a whole lot more lawlessness and 24/7 "news" make a big difference now. at least under carter we never had any food or tampon shortages.

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: gdr_11] #14397527 06/18/22 06:21 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

I wouldnt drink the koolaid of the CPI. It can be smoke and mirrors . With things like gas its gets multiplied thru, gotta pay for diesel to get the fertilizer to the farmer, more diesel to get the grain planted, more diesel to get the grain to the chicken farmer, more diesel to get the chickens to the chicken processing, more diesel to get the processed chickens to the wholesalers, more diesel to get the chickens to the stores and restaurants, then we burn nat gas all day cooking it..... that's alot of diesel for a bucket of chicken....

Dont disagee with the koolaid part. Inflation is just "transitory" after all right? 😡🤦‍♂️

Waters got me last week too! Dasanis were $4.99 on sale.....cant imagine its cheap on the gas tank to haul around pallets of water though. I hate to say it....and i hate to believe that im right....i really think we are just at the beginning. Putin is all in and isnt stopping. You still got Uncle Joe sending billions to Ukraine like its nothing. you still got these [censored] retards (that word is appropriate by the definition) telling everyone theyre gonna forgive $10k in student debt......and ITS ALL BASED OFF VIRTUE SIGNALING/FAKE MORALITY versus doing whats right for our country.

Sure Joe, youre an enviromentalist....so am I. So maybe lets figure out how to make it work...instead of putting the insta kybosh on gas lines/fracking and instantly and exponentially increasing our dependence on foreign entities for our fuel. [censored] IT though....its easier to just put the kybosh on it, instead of actually figuring it out. [censored] environmentalists and most all social justice warriors see problems as one dimensional and something that has an easy solution....like unintended consequences arent a real thing.

That crazy Venezuela dude has died...sure they still hate us....but at this point the Saudis hate us more. Saudis and venezuelans are both [censored] people.....but if I had to choose one of those [censored] people to choose who to do business with and "beg them" to increase production (Biden is FINALLY meeting with the Saudis and why im mentioning this...and begging them is what he'll be doing since theyve already declined previous meetings the US has requested with the saudies)....itd be the one whos countrymen didnt fly planes into our buildings and kill a bunch of our citizens on a workday. Biden needs to make something happen....and trying with the venezuelans might not be a bad idea this point

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: gdr_11] #14397529 06/18/22 06:22 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
damn i started ranting! LOL and it wasnt about china for once!

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14397536 06/18/22 06:30 PM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

What Carter did is child’s play compared to what’s happening now.

Re: McDonalds Prices [Re: gdr_11] #14397549 06/18/22 06:42 PM
G
gdr_11 Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
G
The big difference between the Carter era and now is that Carter’s administration was led by fools with a total lack of understanding of domestic and foreign issues. The Biden administration is led by fools that make zero decisions and are completely controlled behind the scenes by forces that are determined to crash our economy and bring the average citizen to their knees so they can unfurl a magic bullet that will save us all. Unfortunately, that magic bullet will come at the price of destroying the Republic as we know it and remaking the United States into something more akin to the european eunuch nations under either the UN or China.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide