Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: bockscar] #14396533 06/17/22 02:02 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
I would not consider myself as a boycotter, but I have just lost interest in the Cowboys. After years of mediocrity, unfulfilled promise, and terrible coaching decisions, I just really don’t care anymore. I have had a hard time adopting another team, so I just don’t really pay attention to the NFL anymore.

“There’s no such thing as too much horsepower, just not enough traction”…..Carroll Shelby
Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: Hogfan1] #14396550 06/17/22 02:16 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark C
The first and most obvious step in any "legitimate boycott" would be not attending or watching ANY Cowboy games. Otherwise, it's more of a selective boycott.

Originally Posted by Wool E. Booger
Mark me down as a selective boycotter. I’ll still watch if I’m home but won’t buy merchandise, attend a game, or schedule my day around it.

Thanks for staying compliant sir. We wouldnt want the Boycott "Expert" Mark C, to start arguing semantics again roflmao

Im legitimately boycotting....and still watch the games. I'll deal with Mark C's consequences while I "legitimately boycott"

Originally Posted by Happykamper
Originally Posted by bockscar
McCarthy felt the veterans hit the finish line so called it a few days early. Sounds more like no one was willing to listen to him or the staff talk, so the most face they could save was cutting camp short.

All cowboys fans need to legitimately boycott the team. This team is literally a joke...cutting camp short? Great sign of a disciplined team...and its not like this team has been hounded with ON FIELD discipline issues.

I hate Jerry...for being so good at making money off us suckers who will keep believing no matter what.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...docked-2023-ota-violating-practice-rules

OTA's don't mean squat, nor does this last mini camp, it is mainly for the rookies, they can get what they need done in training camp and the pre season. Sounds like McCarthy did not like to practice grab [censored] football. If Dak is back up to snuff, the new guard ( Smith ) plays better than Connor Williams, and if the receiving group does not have a big decline ( lots of ifs ) I think they win 11 games, to early to predict what they will do in the post season.

Im sure you are right.....but are this years version of the Dallas Cowboys one that we would want them cutting corners already? If they had a good year last year, I could see it....but this isnt a team that needs to be cutting things short and going to top golf after. This is brewing up to be more of the exact same.....just like every damn year.

I suggest a "legitimate boycott"

Originally Posted by Zipster
One thing is guaranteed....they will disappoint.

already setting up that way and the games havent even started
Originally Posted by Hogfan1
Am I the only one on here that has always despised the Cowboys?

No one really despises the Cowboys....they are AMERICA'S TEAM after all. It would be unAmerican to despise the Cowboys imo!!!!!

Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: HasBen] #14396557 06/17/22 02:19 PM
B
bockscar Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by HasBen
I would not consider myself as a boycotter, but I have just lost interest in the Cowboys. After years of mediocrity, unfulfilled promise, and terrible coaching decisions, I just really don’t care anymore. I have had a hard time adopting another team, so I just don’t really pay attention to the NFL anymore.

Thats basically been me the last 2 seasons. The more I look into things, the more things have played out the last couple few seasons....I realize this is 100% a business for Jerry and all he cares about is his bottom line. Sheds a few crocodile tears on a preseason presser and suckers folks into buying in another year....Join my Legitimate Boycott and dont buy merchandise or spend any money on anything Cowboys related!

Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: bockscar] #14396643 06/17/22 03:40 PM
Mark C Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mark C
The first and most obvious step in any "legitimate boycott" would be not attending or watching ANY Cowboy games. Otherwise, it's more of a selective boycott.

Originally Posted by Wool E. Booger
Mark me down as a selective boycotter. I’ll still watch if I’m home but won’t buy merchandise, attend a game, or schedule my day around it.

Thanks for staying compliant sir. We wouldnt want the Boycott "Expert" Mark C, to start arguing semantics again roflmao

Im legitimately boycotting....and still watch the games. I'll deal with Mark C's consequences while I "legitimately boycott"

Originally Posted by Happykamper
McCarthy felt the veterans hit the finish line so called it a few days early. Sounds more like no one was willing to listen to him or the staff talk, so the most face they could save was cutting camp short.

All cowboys fans need to legitimately boycott the team. This team is literally a joke...cutting camp short? Great sign of a disciplined team...and its not like this team has been hounded with ON FIELD discipline issues.

I hate Jerry...for being so good at making money off us suckers who will keep believing no matter what.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...docked-2023-ota-violating-practice-rules

OTA's don't mean squat, nor does this last mini camp, it is mainly for the rookies, they can get what they need done in training camp and the pre season. Sounds like McCarthy did not like to practice grab [censored] football. If Dak is back up to snuff, the new guard ( Smith ) plays better than Connor Williams, and if the receiving group does not have a big decline ( lots of ifs ) I think they win 11 games, to early to predict what they will do in the post season.

Im sure you are right.....but are this years version of the Dallas Cowboys one that we would want them cutting corners already? If they had a good year last year, I could see it....but this isnt a team that needs to be cutting things short and going to top golf after. This is brewing up to be more of the exact same.....just like every damn year.

I suggest a "legitimate boycott"

Originally Posted by Zipster
One thing is guaranteed....they will disappoint.

already setting up that way and the games havent even started
Originally Posted by Hogfan1
Am I the only one on here that has always despised the Cowboys?

No one really despises the Cowboys....they are AMERICA'S TEAM after all. It would be unAmerican to despise the Cowboys imo!!!!!

I can't help it if you sound wishy-washy. Like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You're not one of those liberal flip floppers are you son?

Originally Posted by TexasBlonde
You are not a good or nice person.

Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: bockscar] #14396651 06/17/22 03:47 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Met Randy White last night for the first time and that old guy is JACKED!! I swear he could still put on the pads and lay someone out!!

I remember the days of going to a family members or they to mine on Sundays and someone would be grilling and the rest of the family would bring the sides. Dads would be out by the grill drinking cold beer talking about their tractor, dog pee wee football, etc. Kids would be playing in a pool or sprinkler. Mom's would be indoors preparing all the sides gossiping about the other Mom's that didn't show up and any other rumors from around town.

Life and love happened on Sunday, watching the Cowboys. Win or lose, I will carry on the tradition my late Father passed on to me. Sundays were made for Church and Cowboys.

Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: JJ4MEL] #14396656 06/17/22 03:52 PM
Mark C Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
Met Randy White last night for the first time and that old guy is JACKED!! I swear he could still put on the pads and lay someone out!!

I remember the days of going to a family members or they to mine on Sundays and someone would be grilling and the rest of the family would bring the sides. Dads would be out by the grill drinking cold beer talking about their tractor, dog pee wee football, etc. Kids would be playing in a pool or sprinkler. Mom's would be indoors preparing all the sides gossiping about the other Mom's that didn't show up and any other rumors from around town.

Life and love happened on Sunday, watching the Cowboys. Win or lose, I will carry on the tradition my late Father passed on to me. Sundays were made for Church and Cowboys.

Amen, family & football. I've talked to Randy twice at Lake Fork and he looks like he could still get after it.

Originally Posted by TexasBlonde
You are not a good or nice person.

Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: bockscar] #14396658 06/17/22 03:57 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
NFC East...one notch above Aliquippa, PA Pop Warner. The East champion would be favored by 1.5 points in a first round matchup with Pop.

Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: JJ4MEL] #14396663 06/17/22 04:03 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

sounds like what we used to do

Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: bockscar] #14396667 06/17/22 04:10 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
I'm not boycotting, just consider college ball to be far superior to watch.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: bockscar] #14396693 06/17/22 04:43 PM
Jimbo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I watched the Cowboys from day 1 and all the glory years of Tom Landry led teams.
I'm what some would call a die hard fan, but I am not as much of a fan of how they are run these days. which I know I can't do anything about it.
I'll watch them first over the other teams, and my loyalty will always be with the Cowboys, but I'll still watch many of the other teams if I want to watch a successful team advance, and cheer them on.
The Cowboys have won the Super Bowl a few times in the past, and I'm still waiting for my check!

Just one more cast!

Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: JJ4MEL] #14396703 06/17/22 04:57 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

I see Randy at Kroger’s all the time. Poor fellow can hardly walk.

[Linked Image]
Re: Another sign "its our year" [Re: bockscar] #14396704 06/17/22 04:58 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I pretty much only watch the Cowboys, when play offs come around I will watch a few other pro and college games, I will admit I do not get bent out of shape if I have to miss a Cowboy game like I did in the past, I do not think it is because they are not nearly as good as they were in the past, I think it is because I am a lot older now and football just does not mean that much to me now.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide