Print Thread
Has anyone EVER... #14396628 06/17/22 03:28 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F
fished this Location?While I was exploring Google maps I couldn`t help but notice this area in Lewisville right off Hebron Pkwy! There were several ponds that were very close to business`s & Apartment Communities that seem very accessible to the Kayak,bass buster & Float tube Angler as well.There was a particular area that caught my attention because of the readily available structure already in place that seemed to indicate that at one time or another there were boat slips available for the residents of that community. It even has what appears to be a couple of dilapidated fishing docks/piers (that I would`nt trust ) still standing for the crazy brave to venture out on! hmmm Since I`ve never heard anyone speak of this area ,or maybe i`m just late to the party ,i`m tempted to fish it. It has a ramp very close to the street.Google Earth doesn`t show any gates that I can see keeping anyone out. Does anyone know about this area? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by Fishbonz; 06/17/22 03:34 PM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: Fishbonz] #14406917 06/28/22 05:25 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Lots of small bass, a few small crappie and mud cats. Yes, you can launch at the boat ramp. Where you see the boat slips used to be an old marina for boat sales way back in the day. There are fish over there but you will find mostly trash and snot grass to snag on. I personally avoid it unless I am fishing early morning top water. It is a decent lake to hit. I have done it a few times in the kayak.

Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: JJ4MEL] #14414036 07/07/22 02:19 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by JJ4MEL
Lots of small bass, a few small crappie and mud cats. Yes, you can launch at the boat ramp. Where you see the boat slips used to be an old marina for boat sales way back in the day. There are fish over there but you will find mostly trash and snot grass to snag on. I personally avoid it unless I am fishing early morning top water. It is a decent lake to hit. I have done it a few times in the kayak.

Thanks for the info JJ4MEL thumb Is that an underpass connecting the waters on the other side of Hebron ?

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: Fishbonz] #14414386 07/07/22 07:58 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Fishbonz

Thanks for the info JJ4MEL thumb Is that an underpass connecting the waters on the other side of Hebron ?

More like a culvert. If the water is low you may be able to go through it. Not sure as most of the time it has a lot of debris in it.

Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: JJ4MEL] #14414471 07/07/22 10:16 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F

More like a culvert. If the water is low you may be able to go through it. Not sure as most of the time it has a lot of debris in it.
Okay Thanks!
I was just wondering if a BassBuster type or Yak could get through it .I couldn`t tell by looking @ Google Maps. thumb

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: Fishbonz] #14498732 10/07/22 07:21 PM
E
encKe Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
nice find on GM

Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: JJ4MEL] #14501810 10/11/22 04:15 PM
BigLeslie Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Had a buddy who told me pretty much the same thing but that was more than 10 years ago probably. Snot grass made it miserable.

Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: Fishbonz] #14841481 09/19/23 11:59 PM
T
texasflycaster Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Looks good from the air. But I recall that those ponds are somewhat, maybe completely, isolated from fresh fish inflows. As long as they have been there? There's probably few fish, or some "imbalance" by now.

Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: Fishbonz] #14873172 10/21/23 12:34 AM
D
Double K Outdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
It's been a long time (8-ish years) since I put my kayak in there. There's some deep holes that I'm sure some bigger fish are hiding in BUT I didn't catch anything when I went there. I did fish around the entire place and zero. I'm 99% sure that my blank was due to time of year. I went in early January the last time.
I've heard that IF you can make it through the tunnel, there's nice fish to be caught over there (so I'm told) but due to the apartments being right there, they often call the police on you. Not sure if there's signs up or not so that may be something that you need to look for.

~You won't catch any fish if you don't try!
[Linked Image]

Re: Has anyone EVER... [Re: JJ4MEL] #14873189 10/21/23 12:44 AM
F
Fishbonz Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
F

CRAPPIE LOVE DEBRIS!

HE aka Fishbonz
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide