Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14386699 06/06/22 09:37 PM
O
OleMissPharmacy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
Originally Posted by prosise
The bigger the Bluetooth speaker, the better it thumps.

What speaker do you use? Link?

Hotty Toddy!

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14386806 06/06/22 11:40 PM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
I have a Harmon Kardon onyx 6 studio that i got on black friday. Loud and proud audio.. It was just over 200$ and it was half off. They are more now. There are many party Bluetooth speakers that you can buy that will do the same thing. There is no doubt, im a redneck and cheap when it comes to buying stuff. I made a thumper but it would only thump, and the Bluetooth speaker is used 5x more for music than when im fishing so its not a expensive gadget that can only be used fishing. Hope this helps, bigger is better.

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14387798 06/07/22 11:44 PM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Launched at 330am and chased the green fish. Stopped at 1230 and me and my fishing buddy hit the hump near the entrance of scotts landing. We might have caught about 10 before he had ro head out. I went back and stayed there until 430pm. They weren't jumping on the spoon but i caught 88 keepers, not one under. I got hung up on something and got my grappling hook out and pulled up two large pvc pipes anchored with a mushroom anchor. Got all the jigs off the rope, and re-deployed the contraption. Stayed upwind of the fish and casted to them. Tired as hech, and im putting a dent in a can with a % sigh on the side. Getting hot, and i drank 96oz of water and then a couple backup waters. Take care all. Thought i caught a donkey this morning, but it ended up being a big goo. Talk about muscle, this thing peeled 20lb fluoro off the reel like it was nothing. Caught one good cat on the jighing spoon.

Take care all, until next time.

[Linked Image]
[
[Linked Image]

Last edited by prosise; 06/07/22 11:52 PM.
Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14388524 06/08/22 07:21 PM
J
JWC Nauticstar Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
J
I also hit GV at 5:30 pm Tuesday. We had fish on in 2 places along the Murrell east point. Didn't even get the big motor shut down before our first fish was in the boat. Maybe 50 good sized 12" + till 7pm. Moved to the north or west of Rock Crusher, that I have a couple of humps out there I hit regularly and it didn't let us down. Stayed till 8pm. Lost track of how many fish we caught. all on white or chrome slabs 3/4 oz and 1oz. We had the place to ourselves last night. No real boat traffic either.

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14392300 06/13/22 01:30 PM
rkd Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Had time Saturday afternoon at 2pm to make a quick pass on the end of Murrell point. Was in pontoon so I'm not able to stay in one location very long, especially with all the wake boats going by. Small sandies were chasing shad on the surface-oblivious to all the boats. Small terns were working the action. We caught 20+ small (under 12 inches) before I drifted off the school. Little George in white and a 1/4oz kastmaster spoon with bucktail. I did try to vertical jig to see if I could get the bigger fish but they weren't down there...wanted our lures worked pretty fast just under the surface.

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: rkd] #14393684 06/14/22 03:56 PM
J
Angler
Online Content
Angler
J
Good to hear. I will be out again Wednesday evening to see if I can catch a few. Haven't tried the little george in a while.

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14394882 06/15/22 07:13 PM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Fished sat night, sun night, and yesterday. Fish on the humps east of the island sat and sunday evening and sandbass were there, but not easy to catch. Yesterday the schooling was just west of dove point over by the big protruding point. The cove was being bombed by cranes all morning. Several large schools of small fish worked thru the area until we left at noon. We were bass fishing in the area, but the wind was 35+ so we were camping on points fishing for bass. Would recommend the humps up the lake starting tomorrow, as the winds will let up for the rest of the week.

Put in 30+ hrs bass fishing this week, and it caught up to me yesterday afternoon. Licking my woulds like someone who went "honky tonkin". Take care and be safe.

Prosise

Last edited by prosise; 06/15/22 07:14 PM.
Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14394920 06/15/22 07:45 PM
J
Angler
Online Content
Angler
J
Darn I was hoping I could beat you tonight at the tournament. thumb

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14398589 06/20/22 01:51 AM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Fished for the Green fish from 4am to 2pm. Took a few breaks today and checked some ledges, and humps for sandbass. Meadomere drop, and Murrell point were a ghost town. I went up to the humps that I posted the waypoints which are North of the Rock Crusher. Sandbass were large and in charge for about 1 hour, i got another boat to come in but they just went south on me. Caught many in the hour that i was on them, lots of small freshwater drum (gaspergoo), but no catfish. Later in the day I found some sandbass at the hump at sandbass point (west side of Scotts marina cove). Also saw some schooling fish in this area at noon. i didn't work the schooling fish, as I was focusing on the bigger fish on the hump. Wind was very nice, but there was a tremendous amount of boat traffic today so i headed in around 2pm. I took some good footage of the school up on the humps, the fish were just sitting on the bottom waiting on something to pounce on. The video is not that long, but is worth the wait. The number of fish in the school in the 3:00 mark is pretty amazing. Take care all, I will be out a couple more times this week chasing the Green fish so I will post any info i run across.

I have had several people tell me they are not good with electronics. Even with gps waypoints, they do not know how to use them.. I figured out a way to share the GPS waypoints for the humps I fished today so you can use google maps. The links below will allow you to use google maps on your phone, and zero in on the waypoint positions. When you are there, just save the waypoint on your depth finder. Just turn on location on your phone, and make sure you have google maps installed. The links will show up on the map.

Humps north of the crusher.
33°00'10.3"N 97°07'09.3"W
https://goo.gl/maps/mMHEmv3NTyEwPR669

33°00'10.9"N 97°07'10.5"W
https://goo.gl/maps/5HpsGsF6m42LgCP16

Caught some good fish mid-day.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14398818 06/20/22 02:01 PM
F
fishrdude Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
What a classy move figuring out and posting the way points on google maps. You certainly are consistent in your efforts to help people on this forum. Thank you for all the info that you have posted over time. Great video of the schooling fish.

Last edited by fishrdude; 06/20/22 02:50 PM.
Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14399019 06/20/22 04:16 PM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Originally Posted by fishrdude
What a classy move figuring out and posting the way points on google maps. You certainly are consistent in your efforts to help people on this forum. Thank you for all the info that you have posted over time. Great video of the schooling fish.

Thanks FishrDude, Much appreciate the compliment. And I want to thank all the people that have helped me as well, information goes both ways and I get allot of tips as well. Some people know my boat, some do not. I run across many people who just share info at the ramp not knowing me, and this is refreshing.
I have met dozens of people who turn down GPS coordinates because they don't know how to put them into their depth finder. Trying to think outside of the box to help. When I am in the canoe, i do not use a depth finder. I use the lowrance app and I have several waypoints in the app. I can turn on location on my phone and see the position of myself in relation of the contour on the app. The app is pretty darn accurate, and will get me close to ledges. But exact gps coordinates are the best in my opinion. I am bad about saying to myself, I will look into this when I get home. I never do, and I learned that if you read the manual about three times you will find that there are so many cool things that they will do.

Hummingbird has a great free program called (Hummingbird PC) which is really easy to use. You can make waypoints in Google earth pro and save them in Hummingbird software, and then save them to your depth finder. Most of the depth finders make it easy, but you would be amazed at how many waypoint I have for Grapevine alone. I met a local that has fished GV for 30+ years bass fishing, and he gave me his stash of goodies. He is my fishing mentor, and I have learned so much in the last few years. Fishing with new people really expands your knowledge, and little tricks can change the success of a bait tremendously. Only thing I remind people, sharp hooks. I can tear up a set of hooks pretty fast. I will touch up hooks many times a day. If you haven't sharpened a hook on slabs, or jigs in a while you will miss fish. When I loaded his GPS waypoints on my graph I jokingly told him "Thanks Allot!! Now I can't see the lake on the screen. I think he has waypoints for just about every rock pile, or object that holds fish. Yesterday I spent allot of time just cruising around looking at deep structure with the side imaging, and Livescope. I think I waypointed about 20 new brush piles off the beaten path. Some are small, some are big but they all had some type of fish in them. As an experiment, I planted a christmas tree out in deep water that is suspended off the bottom about 8 feet. It always has bait on it, and in it.

Take care all, going out tomorrow. If anyone is going out and looking for some help finding fish let me know. Instant message me, and if i find fish I will send you a text. Don't share any personal info on the thread, you might get spammed..

Prosise

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14399037 06/20/22 04:32 PM
rkd Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Had the pontoon out on Saturday afternoon at 1pm. Made a quick run to the Murrell Point and found the fish shallower. Bigger fish this time (12-14 inches) and holding tight to bottom. So if you divide Murrell point into thirds-shallow, medium and deeper end these fish Saturday were in the shallow third. About 100 yards out from the concrete roadbed (so about 12-14ft deep) and on the cove side of the point. There were lots of fish but they were very tightly bunched....if you hit them on the head you could catch a bunch but if you were just a few feet outside the "sweet spot" you wouldn't get bit. Difficult to do in a pontoon with no trolling motor and 1000 ski boats but it was still fun and the kids were more interested in swimming anyway. Chrome 1/4ounce Kastmaster spoon with a bucktail. Didn't get the Lil George out this time.

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14399068 06/20/22 04:58 PM
K
KidKrappie Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
I was out there on Saturday with a crappie trip and the sandies were schooling all over the lake. Seemed like when a wake boat would go by, they would school in the wake. They had plenty of wakes LOL

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14399196 06/20/22 06:58 PM
J
Angler
Online Content
Angler
J
Nice patch of greenies. I passed on GV this weekend. We went to Ray Roberts Sunday, but it was from noon till 3:30 pm. I did not catch a fish. Searched a few locations from the past but no luck.

Re: Grapevine Lake 2022 [Re: prosise] #14405754 06/27/22 01:53 PM
P
prosise Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
P
Fished yesterday for the green fish. Winds were calm and by 2pm the lake wasn't actually a nightmare with boat traffic. I saw 6+ boats out in the middle of the lake in the lower deep area of the lake, so i am guessing there was schooling fish. Mid-lake there was fish schooling on the north side of the lake out in the deeper water. I could see grey cranes flying out into the schools for morning brunch. I didn't fish for them, but I saw many wolfpacks working the surface. The interesting thing was the splashes of the fish were visible from a long way off. These were not small fish. With the lighter winds I have to say that the hotter it gets, the more fun tou can have. Prep for 100 degree temps requires about three things and you will not put yourself in a uncomfortable position. Long sleeve quick dry shirts with a hood are hands down the first necessity. I am typically a XL shirt because I am 6'4" and I have long arms. With these shirts I wear a 2x or 3x. You do not want skin hugging shirts. I used to haul hay for a job in the summers while I was in high school and long sleeve white cotton shirts kept me cool. The quick dry shirts are 10x better. Secondly, wear swim trunks if you can. You are going to be pouring water on your sleeves, and down your neck to wet the shirt. If your wearing cotton underwear your going to get "itchy butt" if you sit in wet shorts. And lastly, you need a hat, ai wear a hand woven straw hat that was given to my dad by a friend from Mexico. Straw hats are the best, but you may need to add a stampede string. The bigger the better. Now, the most important thing with clothes, dont wear anything dark. (Anything!!!). Ballcaps, do-rags, shirts all need to be the lightest colors. My quickdry shirts are so dirty that I typically look like a homeless person when I stop at the store. But when you get these completely wet you will cool down, initially the shirt will stick to you buy in about 5 minutes your arms will feel like your in an air conditioning environment. I copied this from the web >>> The color of an object is determined by the wavelengths of light that object absorbs, and because absorbed light transforms into thermal energy (heat), darker colors attract more heat. The only color that does not attract heat is white because white objects reflect all visible wavelengths of light. Black – the color that absorbs all visible wavelengths of light – attracts the most heat, followed by violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange and red, in descending order. To stay cool during the summer and keep warm during the winter, keep this rule of thumb in mind. White, red and yellow are best for the warm months when you want to avoid attracting extra heat.

I typically bring 192 oz of water in insulated metal thermos'. That is for me alone if I am fishing all day in the summer, and I try to mix two thermos' with electrolytes. Rule of thumb, if your not needing to take a leak out in the heat your behind the curve on water. If you get behind, your not going to notice it at first but that night and the next day your going to be wiped out. My boat has a ladder so i can ease down into the water to cool down. But 80% of the timebI am pouring water over myself with a bucket. Best little thing for little ones is a umbrella. With a lifejacket my kids would be doing cannon ball splashing off the back of the boat while i caught fish on the front. I am very accustomed to heat, and prefer it over cold. But if you get a heat stroke your life will change and you will never be able to take the heat. Don't know why, but that is the truth.

It was 100 with light winds yesterday, and me and the fish whisperer were not suffering too bad out there. The interesting thing about the green fish right now is they are biting really well in the heat. You can skip the early morning bite when its cool and dominate big bass in the hottest part of the day. If you are fishing in less than 15ft of water you are spinning your wheels right now. You need to be fishing 15 plus feet, and don't be afraid to be in 25 ft of water fishing for bass. My fishing mentor caught 10 fish (bass) to my 2 fish last Wednesday fishing rock piles in deeper water. I was literally spot locked 20ft from him while he put a whoopin on me. Yes you can catch bass shallow, but you will catch the big fish down in deeper water. I am seeing bigger bass schooling up inro wolfpacks and just hanging out on certain rock piles, and humps. When bait presents itself, they pounce. In the shallows, you can catch bass but since the lake is coming back down to full level, the bass/bait will not have the brush to lounge in. When they loose the brush, they go back to what they know most of the year (submerged brush piles -man made) & (Rock piles). I used to stay away from areas with sandbass when fishing for bass, but they are after the same thing . Along with bigger bass would easily eat small sandbass/crappie so I fish the spots.

Take care all, here is a link for the shirts I just ordered. If you wear a xl shirt order a 2xl, if you have long arms like me get a 3xl. Baggy is better, and the arms have thumb holes which are nice.

Amazon Link Shirt

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide