Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Twitter [Re: Allison1] #14387345 06/07/22 03:34 PM
F
Floon Swenson Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Allison1
I heard it was a billion opt out clause.

Whatever it is he can get out if he chooses to. The company is worth a lot less now than when he offered to buy it.
He is still Twitter's largest shareholder and should be able to make changes without buying it out.

I think Vanguard might be their largest shareholder unless they sold some of their position.

Either way, I said early on in this that I thought he had no real intention of buying Twitter. I still believe that to be the case.

Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387362 06/07/22 03:54 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Musk will prevail, this is the guy rocket scientists want to work for.

Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387381 06/07/22 04:14 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Yup, and if its shown that they were complicit in the creation of fake accounts or knowingly reported numbers that were bogus they could have a large problem. An Enron style problem. I think to assume a certain percentage of accounts are fake is a very reasonable assumption, 20 percent crosses the line of reasonable assumption in my mind. People have been trading the stock based on the numbers reported and money has been made and lost on potentially fraudulent info. A lack of trust in the filings of public companies is a real problem.

Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387388 06/07/22 04:17 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
And Vanguard along with every other shareholder should be pizzed. Dorsey sitting in a federal prison would just be outstanding.

Re: Twitter [Re: Scagnetti] #14387396 06/07/22 04:21 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Scagnetti

He has the ability to repeatedly sell science fiction fantasies to a credulous public and is the foundation of his empire and fortune. Self driving cars were but a “future software update” away. That was 2016. We’re still waiting.

And it's devastating me because having to turn a steering wheel when I could be playing on my phone is such a burden.

Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387403 06/07/22 04:24 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
only one I could come up with with tweet in it. bolt

Last edited by hopalong; 06/07/22 04:25 PM.
Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387406 06/07/22 04:24 PM
Mark C Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
The guy that produces more electric cars than anyone likes the First Amendment. This is a real conundrum! roflmao

Originally Posted by TexasBlonde
You are not a good or nice person.

Re: Twitter [Re: Razorback] #14387411 06/07/22 04:27 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Razorback
Originally Posted by Scagnetti

He has the ability to repeatedly sell science fiction fantasies to a credulous public and is the foundation of his empire and fortune. Self driving cars were but a “future software update” away. That was 2016. We’re still waiting.

And it's devastating me because having to turn a steering wheel when I could be playing on my phone is such a burden.

that only works in a gmc when queen is playing on the radideo. grin

Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387467 06/07/22 05:13 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
Really it could be a big case and set pressidence for the entire industry. Alot of these type platforms, facebook included are valued in their early days far more off use than their ability to monetize it. They live off constant new issue of stock money with the hope that eventually they will be able to monetize the platform. As these things become more and more prevalent going forward the accuracy of real user count is as important as the accuracy of financials for more traditional types of companies. This could get real interesting to watch. The outcome could be make or break for being able to raise capital going forward

Re: Twitter [Re: WAWI] #14387470 06/07/22 05:15 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by WAWI
Really it could be a big case and set pressidence for the entire industry. Alot of these type platforms, facebook included are valued in their early days far more off use than their ability to monetize it. They live off constant new issue of stock money with the hope that eventually they will be able to monetize the platform. As these things become more and more prevalent going forward the accuracy of real user count is as important as the accuracy of financials for more traditional types of companies. This could get real interesting to watch. The outcome could be make or break for being able to raise capital going forward

That's what I find so interesting about it.. I've thought twitter has been over valued since they went public. It seems they are playing a losing game.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387475 06/07/22 05:19 PM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Let me get this straight...it's Musk's fault that he is reconsidering buying a company that has been fraudulently claiming more human users than it has, and refuses to provide for him real numbers.

If nothing else he has shone a light that exposed a leftist media company for what they are.

Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387476 06/07/22 05:19 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

That's what I find so interesting about it.. I've thought twitter has been over valued since they went public. It seems they are playing a losing game.

IPO was listed at $28. First purchase was something like $45. It's probably averaged over it's public trading lifetime around it's current level of $40

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Twitter [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14387483 06/07/22 05:23 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W

What's real interesting is how it should cross political lines, the left, california types tend to be big investors in tech, social media type things, they have more to lose than anyone with a loss of faith in the financials and reporting of these type companies. Both in real dollars now and in the inability for start ups to get off the ground going forward. Scagnetti, who it's fair to say tends left based on alot of his posts instantly wants to attack Musk because they dont like Musk nor do they want one of their babies under his control. I think the smart players that move these deals along are taking a second to think about what could be.

Re: Twitter [Re: WAWI] #14387621 06/07/22 08:01 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak

What's real interesting is how it should cross political lines, the left, california types tend to be big investors in tech, social media type things, they have more to lose than anyone with a loss of faith in the financials and reporting of these type companies. Both in real dollars now and in the inability for start ups to get off the ground going forward. Scagnetti, who it's fair to say tends left based on alot of his posts instantly wants to attack Musk because they dont like Musk nor do they want one of their babies under his control. I think the smart players that move these deals along are taking a second to think about what could be.

They are afraid of Musk because he has too much money to be bought and he is too eccentric t9 be controlled. He answers to no masters and that terrifies them.

Re: Twitter [Re: Ghost4BH] #14387639 06/07/22 08:22 PM
G
gander Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
G
Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
He may end up getting it at pennies on the dollar.
Quite possible...he is not stupid and with the twitter stock unstable that is doable

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide