Texas Fishing Forum

Twitter

Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Twitter - 06/06/22 05:43 PM

Musk is now talking about pulling out. they have refused to give him data on the number of actual users. If this is their plan to hang on it's an extremely stupid one. He has all the marbles.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 05:46 PM

He may end up getting it at pennies on the dollar.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 05:47 PM

It will cost him 5 billion to get out of the deal….

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

one, and he'll make that back after he sues them. their stock will tank, they'll be in trouble with the SEC and their leadership will all leave.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 05:52 PM

I heard it was a billion opt out clause.

Whatever it is he can get out if he chooses to. The company is worth a lot less now than when he offered to buy it.
He is still Twitter's largest shareholder and should be able to make changes without buying it out.

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

one, and he'll make that back after he sues them. their stock will tank, they'll be in trouble with the SEC and their leadership will all leave.

Their leadership owns almost no stock in the company. They are not going to suffer if they are sued other than possibly losing a high salary.
I've been saying this all along, that the buyout was not showing to be a sure thing.
If it had been the stock price would have risen closer to the buyout price to take advantage of guaranteed profit.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 07:16 PM

Meh, he never wanted to buy it. He wanted people talking about him.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Meh, he never wanted to buy it. He wanted people talking about him.

And you took the bait hook, line and sinker... Dan
Posted By: Wool E. Booger

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 09:56 PM

Who really cares ?? It won’t change my life at all if he does or doesn’t buy it.
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 10:19 PM

What happened to his promises to preserve free speech, ban spam bots and dramatically boost revenue?

Twitter’s stock has fallen well below his offer price, Musk appears to be reneging on a deal that has made even Wall Street grow skeptical.

He has the ability to repeatedly sell science fiction fantasies to a credulous public and is the foundation of his empire and fortune. Self driving cars were but a “future software update” away. That was 2016. We’re still waiting.

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scagnetti
What happened to his promises to preserve free speech, ban spam bots and dramatically boost revenue?

Twitter’s stock has fallen well below his offer price, Musk appears to be reneging on a deal that has made even Wall Street grow skeptical.

He has the ability to repeatedly sell science fiction fantasies to a credulous public and is the foundation of his empire and fortune. Self driving cars were but a “future software update” away. That was 2016. We’re still waiting.

The company is committing fraud.
Posted By: Ted Dyer

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 11:29 PM

I think you have it backwards. Twitter has a signed offer letter from him at $54.20 a share. It’s not their fault he didn’t do his due diligence before making the offer. They will take him for a cool billion for backing out AND sue him for performance of the deal.

Re: Twitter - 06/06/22 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ted Dyer

I think you have it backwards. Twitter has a signed offer letter from him at $54.20 a share. It’s not their fault he didn’t do his due diligence before making the offer. They will take him for a cool billion for backing out AND sue him for performance of the deal.

roflmao thanks ted, you're always good for a laugh.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 12:59 AM

The product was not what they claimed it was. I'm not sure how all that stuff works but I would think it turns out to be a wash because either party could sue and be tied up in court for years
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 02:31 AM

Can’t do due diligence on users if the information is proprietary and they’re lying about it. And user count is a top-3 metric for a social media platform. If Twitter can’t provide an actual count of people signed up to its platform, excluding bots, then the sale price plummets because the platform is worth considerably less than if every account is an actual person and if they are active.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Allison1
I heard it was a billion opt out clause.

Whatever it is he can get out if he chooses to. The company is worth a lot less now than when he offered to buy it.
He is still Twitter's largest shareholder and should be able to make changes without buying it out.

I think Vanguard might be their largest shareholder unless they sold some of their position.

Either way, I said early on in this that I thought he had no real intention of buying Twitter. I still believe that to be the case.
Posted By: ReelBusy

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 03:54 PM

Musk will prevail, this is the guy rocket scientists want to work for.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 04:14 PM

Yup, and if its shown that they were complicit in the creation of fake accounts or knowingly reported numbers that were bogus they could have a large problem. An Enron style problem. I think to assume a certain percentage of accounts are fake is a very reasonable assumption, 20 percent crosses the line of reasonable assumption in my mind. People have been trading the stock based on the numbers reported and money has been made and lost on potentially fraudulent info. A lack of trust in the filings of public companies is a real problem.

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 04:17 PM

And Vanguard along with every other shareholder should be pizzed. Dorsey sitting in a federal prison would just be outstanding.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 04:21 PM

And it's devastating me because having to turn a steering wheel when I could be playing on my phone is such a burden.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 04:24 PM

only one I could come up with with tweet in it. bolt

Posted By: Mark C

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 04:24 PM

The guy that produces more electric cars than anyone likes the First Amendment. This is a real conundrum! roflmao
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback

And it's devastating me because having to turn a steering wheel when I could be playing on my phone is such a burden.

that only works in a gmc when queen is playing on the radideo. grin

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 05:13 PM

Really it could be a big case and set pressidence for the entire industry. Alot of these type platforms, facebook included are valued in their early days far more off use than their ability to monetize it. They live off constant new issue of stock money with the hope that eventually they will be able to monetize the platform. As these things become more and more prevalent going forward the accuracy of real user count is as important as the accuracy of financials for more traditional types of companies. This could get real interesting to watch. The outcome could be make or break for being able to raise capital going forward

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Really it could be a big case and set pressidence for the entire industry. Alot of these type platforms, facebook included are valued in their early days far more off use than their ability to monetize it. They live off constant new issue of stock money with the hope that eventually they will be able to monetize the platform. As these things become more and more prevalent going forward the accuracy of real user count is as important as the accuracy of financials for more traditional types of companies. This could get real interesting to watch. The outcome could be make or break for being able to raise capital going forward

That's what I find so interesting about it.. I've thought twitter has been over valued since they went public. It seems they are playing a losing game.
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 05:19 PM

Let me get this straight...it's Musk's fault that he is reconsidering buying a company that has been fraudulently claiming more human users than it has, and refuses to provide for him real numbers.

If nothing else he has shone a light that exposed a leftist media company for what they are.
Posted By: Emit R Detsaw

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 05:19 PM

That's what I find so interesting about it.. I've thought twitter has been over valued since they went public. It seems they are playing a losing game.

IPO was listed at $28. First purchase was something like $45. It's probably averaged over it's public trading lifetime around it's current level of $40

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 05:23 PM

What's real interesting is how it should cross political lines, the left, california types tend to be big investors in tech, social media type things, they have more to lose than anyone with a loss of faith in the financials and reporting of these type companies. Both in real dollars now and in the inability for start ups to get off the ground going forward. Scagnetti, who it's fair to say tends left based on alot of his posts instantly wants to attack Musk because they dont like Musk nor do they want one of their babies under his control. I think the smart players that move these deals along are taking a second to think about what could be.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 08:01 PM

What's real interesting is how it should cross political lines, the left, california types tend to be big investors in tech, social media type things, they have more to lose than anyone with a loss of faith in the financials and reporting of these type companies. Both in real dollars now and in the inability for start ups to get off the ground going forward. Scagnetti, who it's fair to say tends left based on alot of his posts instantly wants to attack Musk because they dont like Musk nor do they want one of their babies under his control. I think the smart players that move these deals along are taking a second to think about what could be.

They are afraid of Musk because he has too much money to be bought and he is too eccentric t9 be controlled. He answers to no masters and that terrifies them.
Posted By: gander

Re: Twitter - 06/07/22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH
He may end up getting it at pennies on the dollar.
Quite possible...he is not stupid and with the twitter stock unstable that is doable
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Twitter - 06/08/22 07:11 PM

I would venture to say that "every" social media(Twitter, Facebook, Gettr, Instagram, BBC, This site and it's affiliates, You Tube, TikTok, any site that has
revenue from ads will have lingering accounts that are no longer used and are reported as current users.

Re: Twitter - 06/08/22 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
Let me get this straight...it's Musk's fault that he is reconsidering buying a company that has been fraudulently claiming more human users than it has, and refuses to provide for him real numbers.

If nothing else he has shone a light that exposed a leftist media company for what they are.

I believe its an attempt to negotiate a lower buyout price.
As I hear it now Twtr is saying they will comply with his wishes and supply him data.

There really is no way to know exactly how many bots that Twitter has. It depends on the software you use and the criterion which you give it to search with.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Twitter - 06/08/22 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by BThomas
I would venture to say that "every" social media(Twitter, Facebook, Gettr, Instagram, BBC, This site and it's affiliates, You Tube, TikTok, any site that has
revenue from ads will have lingering accounts that are no longer used and are reported as current users.

Of course, but Twitter and Facebook have a bot problem, not just a stagnant user problem.

Re: Twitter - 06/09/22 04:26 PM

Looks like twitter caved. they saw the writing on the wall

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/06/09/twitter-caves-to-musk-will-give-up-user-data-n475048
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Twitter - 10/04/22 10:51 PM

Ttt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum