TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by Coach Hark
Originally Posted by Donpilot
I want to hear why the door was unlocked, and reportedly blocked open

They said a teacher propped it open.

Every school board, admin, superintendent in the state of Texas that isnt spending a substantial amount of time reviewing procedures for locking down facilities prior to the next year should be voted out or fired. There needs to be wording in every contract that a breach of security protocol is grounds for immediate dismissal and voids contract. From the super down to the janitor.

Amen!

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: beartrap] #14380588 05/30/22 02:19 PM
R
redace1 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
It is a lot easier to judge the actions of others with the luxury of hindsight, all the time in the world, video, and knowing the final outcome.

Momma always said......
Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: 921 Phoenix] #14380595 05/30/22 02:34 PM
R
RKT Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

I would assume like a lot of things in life. You take the easy way out and think nothing of it. Who sets around thinking I need to shut this door so a evil kid can't come through the door. I don't think normal regular people even think like this. This is such a sad deal that din't need to happen and I think our emotions are high knowing not much we can do about it, because of the training these kids have gotten. They get to play bad video games before they mature and lack of biblical teachings or people modeling the same.

Actually most teachers do sit around thinking this door needs to be shut and locked. As a teacher at a high school anytime I see an outside door open or unlocked I secure the door as do most other teachers. I think we all know the odds of our own school being breached by a shooter it is still very possible so we do think of safety measures constantly.

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: TXanalogkd] #14380607 05/30/22 02:42 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by TXanalogkd
In my humble opinion, these small town officers did not know how to react or make decisions. My heart goes out to the families that lost their angels.

It doesn't have anything to do with small town cops or lack of training. When someone is inside actively shooting and killing children. Their instinct should be go in and stop it

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: WAWI] #14380609 05/30/22 02:43 PM
R
RKT Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R

Every school board, admin, superintendent in the state of Texas that isnt spending a substantial amount of time reviewing procedures for locking down facilities prior to the next year should be voted out or fired. There needs to be wording in every contract that a breach of security protocol is grounds for immediate dismissal and voids contract. From the super down to the janitor. If a super drives a school and finds a door propped there should be 2 people fired, the person who propped it and the principle for allowing it to go on. Buy about 10 nice really big carts like they use to move into dorms. The teachers can load them up and roll them right out the secure front entrance when it's time to move in and outa class rooms.

The problem with this is that on the secondary level there are classrooms in separate buildings from the main building and it is usually students that prop doors open. These students do this constantly throughout the day even though the rules of not propping doors and not opening doors for people without a school ID are clear and well known by the students. If you fired the principal every time a door was found open you would have no principals and no one would then take the job knowing it would be very short term. Part of the problem is the school design in the older schools (most of our schools in this state are older). There should be no buildings that are not connected to the main building so that a true lockdown can occur and no students stuck outside when the lockdown does occur. I do agree with you that if a staff member leaves a door in a manner it can easily be breached that sever discipline action should be taken. School admin should constantly walk the schools throughout the day checking for safety issues (not just unlocked or open doors). I believe every campus should have both uniformed and plain clothed police officers. When a shooter enters a school he is looking for the uniformed officers because he knows they are a threat to him. A plain clothed officer would have a better advantage in regards to taking out the shooter.

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: RKT] #14380620 05/30/22 02:59 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by RKT

Every school board, admin, superintendent in the state of Texas that isnt spending a substantial amount of time reviewing procedures for locking down facilities prior to the next year should be voted out or fired. There needs to be wording in every contract that a breach of security protocol is grounds for immediate dismissal and voids contract. From the super down to the janitor. If a super drives a school and finds a door propped there should be 2 people fired, the person who propped it and the principle for allowing it to go on. Buy about 10 nice really big carts like they use to move into dorms. The teachers can load them up and roll them right out the secure front entrance when it's time to move in and outa class rooms.

The problem with this is that on the secondary level there are classrooms in separate buildings from the main building and it is usually students that prop doors open. These students do this constantly throughout the day even though the rules of not propping doors and not opening doors for people without a school ID are clear and well known by the students. If you fired the principal every time a door was found open you would have no principals and no one would then take the job knowing it would be very short term. Part of the problem is the school design in the older schools (most of our schools in this state are older). There should be no buildings that are not connected to the main building so that a true lockdown can occur and no students stuck outside when the lockdown does occur. I do agree with you that if a staff member leaves a door in a manner it can easily be breached that sever discipline action should be taken. School admin should constantly walk the schools throughout the day checking for safety issues (not just unlocked or open doors). I believe every campus should have both uniformed and plain clothed police officers. When a shooter enters a school he is looking for the uniformed officers because he knows they are a threat to him. A plain clothed officer would have a better advantage in regards to taking out the shooter.

I think you would only have to fire a couple and the rest would get real serious. There are cheap devices that sound a loud buzzer when a door is opened without deactivating. When I say cheap like 150 bucks for a commercial grade. Detex makes a good one. Hopefully the tall fences that should be about to start getting built will additionally protect outer buildings as well as main campus. And let me add that companies like ADT have all kinda neat gadget for monitoring doors that are open when they should not be. Now, a choice may have to be made between a digital score board and a few teams may need to ride yellow dogs to games to pay for it.

Last edited by WAWI; 05/30/22 03:02 PM.
Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: redace1] #14380638 05/30/22 03:20 PM
C
Coach Hark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by redace1
It is a lot easier to judge the actions of others with the luxury of hindsight, all the time in the world, video, and knowing the final outcome.

It’s also easy to judge yellow belly, chicken [censored], coward, so called cops like in Uvalde. We talk trash about every profession in the world on this forum but talk bad about a cop and you’re un-American‼️

Last edited by Coach Hark; 05/30/22 03:21 PM.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right

http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: beartrap] #14380641 05/30/22 03:23 PM
R
RKT Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
R

Every school board, admin, superintendent in the state of Texas that isnt spending a substantial amount of time reviewing procedures for locking down facilities prior to the next year should be voted out or fired. There needs to be wording in every contract that a breach of security protocol is grounds for immediate dismissal and voids contract. From the super down to the janitor. If a super drives a school and finds a door propped there should be 2 people fired, the person who propped it and the principle for allowing it to go on. Buy about 10 nice really big carts like they use to move into dorms. The teachers can load them up and roll them right out the secure front entrance when it's time to move in and outa class rooms. [/quote]

[/quote]

I think you would only have to fire a couple and the rest would get real serious. There are cheap devices that sound a loud buzzer when a door is opened without deactivating. When I say cheap like 150 bucks for a commercial grade. Detex makes a good one. Hopefully the tall fences that should be about to start getting built will additionally protect outer buildings as well as main campus. And let me add that companies like ADT have all kinda neat gadget for monitoring doors that are open when they should not be. Now, a choice may have to be made between a digital score board and a few teams may need to ride yellow dogs to games to pay for it. [/quote]

Most schools already have alarm systems that monitor all outside doors. However, most schools its either on or off. You can't have it on during the school days like that. Surely there is a way to adapt them to a setting that shows and alerts the school when a door is open more than a very short period of time and does not set off an alarm for police response for during the school hours.

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14380642 05/30/22 03:24 PM
D
DI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
You will get your answer when the DOJ is done with their investigation

Give me a break, only you would still believe these partisan hacks.

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: DI] #14380657 05/30/22 03:39 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
Originally Posted by DI

Only thing worse than a DOJ investigation would be one by the FBI.

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: DI] #14380658 05/30/22 03:40 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by DI

You really don't get sarcasm do you.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: RKT] #14380659 05/30/22 03:42 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by RKT

[/quote]

I think you would only have to fire a couple and the rest would get real serious. There are cheap devices that sound a loud buzzer when a door is opened without deactivating. When I say cheap like 150 bucks for a commercial grade. Detex makes a good one. Hopefully the tall fences that should be about to start getting built will additionally protect outer buildings as well as main campus. And let me add that companies like ADT have all kinda neat gadget for monitoring doors that are open when they should not be. Now, a choice may have to be made between a digital score board and a few teams may need to ride yellow dogs to games to pay for it. [/quote]

Most schools already have alarm systems that monitor all outside doors. However, most schools its either on or off. You can't have it on during the school days like that. Surely there is a way to adapt them to a setting that shows and alerts the school when a door is open more than a very short period of time and does not set off an alarm for police response for during the school hours.[/quote]

Yes, it can be done remotely also. And certain doors probably should be taken out of use period other than one way fire doors with panic bars that also sound alarm. There probably aren't any perfect solutions but you have to harden up schools as targets. I also think there should be lots and lots of cameras that are monitored during school hours by campus police.

Last edited by WAWI; 05/30/22 03:44 PM.
Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #14380664 05/30/22 03:43 PM
D
DI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by DI

You really don't get sarcasm do you.

Thanks is for clarifying, that was scary to think someone still believes in that group.

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: HasBen] #14380668 05/30/22 03:46 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by HasBen
Originally Posted by DI

Only thing worse than a DOJ investigation would be one by the FBI.

There is nothing positive about this DOJ doing anything in Texas , Texas Rangers sure but until the DOJ is not the SS arm of the Dem/Soc party ran by the same posse that loads the teleprompter I am out.

Re: Uvalde school shooting question??? [Re: beartrap] #14380706 05/30/22 04:46 PM
butch sanders Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
What if the kids are outside during PE class ?
Does an open door matter

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide